1 (edited by animix 2008-03-27 04:15:34)

Topic: Changing card order

I'm using a MADI PCI and an AES32 PCI in a Magma chassis. My master bus DAC is interfaced with the AES32. I need the AES 32 to show up as Card #1 in order to be able to choose my outputs in Wavelab since Wavelab limits the recognizable I/O to 32. No matter how I reorder the cards in the PCI slots, the MADI always shows up as Card 1 in the card order. Is there some code available somewhere as a patch that will allow the user to change this situation?

Thanks,

HDSPe MADI-FX, M-32 AD, M-32 DA, ADI-8 QS, ADI 192 DD, ADI 648, Mytek Stereo 96 AD/DA

2 (edited by Jim Fox 2008-08-14 20:08:13)

Re: Changing card order

I am also using a MADI PCI and an AES32 PCI card but plugged directly into my motherboard. My master bus DAC is interfaced with the AES32, my multi-track record channels feed Nuendo via the Madi card. I need the AES 32 to show up as Card #1 in order to conviently choose my outputs in Wavelab and as mix channels in Nuendo. No matter how I reorder the cards in the PCI slots, the MADI always shows up as Card 1 in the card order. Is there some code available somewhere as a patch that will allow the user to change this situation?

I have previously addressed this issue and received numerous work arounds, non of them were acceptable since I also have to other systems in use with slightly different i/o configureations, causing numerous logistical, time consumming problems when moving projects. The best solution for me is to make my AES32 card #1 and my MADI card #2. Is there anyway to acheive this?

Thank you
Jim Fox

previous disscussions
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1462
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1467

Win7x64.Nuendo.Samplitude.AES32 PCIe.MADI PCI.ADI 648.Apogee Big Ben.DM2000.Apogee 16XAD.RME ADI 8s

Don't know why this could work, so it probably will because it's windows. Try booting a few times with just the aes card inserted. Then put the Madi card in and try it.
OK it probably won't work, but it's worth a try.
Best,
Bud Johnson

animix wrote:

I'm using a MADI PCI and an AES32 PCI in a Magma chassis. My master bus DAC is interfaced with the AES32. I need the AES 32 to show up as Card #1 in order to be able to choose my outputs in Wavelab since Wavelab limits the recognizable I/O to 32. No matter how I reorder the cards in the PCI slots, the MADI always shows up as Card 1 in the card order. Is there some code available somewhere as a patch that will allow the user to change this situation?

Thanks,

Isn't it only in mme/wdm mode Wavelab have a limit for 32 i/o? Switch to ASIO and all is there right?

P