Topic: Fireface UFX USB Not recognized

Hi,
I installed the fireface ufx firewire drivers by mistake, naturally it didn't recognize the hardware.

then used this guide here to remove it:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=9233

i then installed fireface ufx usb drivers, but after restarting i get the same issue, the hardware is not recognized. with not recognized i mean, fireface usb settings and totalmix dont open when i connect the hardware, it is not in sound settings on my mac, and logic doesn't give me an option to select it neither.

i'm running high sierra. i previously had the fireface software and everything on my sierra installation, everything worked fine, even upgrading to high sierra, but i had to do a clean install for other reasons. now i can't get the hardware to work.

when i launch the fireface usb settings it says:

fireface ufx (23594174) Firmware v352 Driver: v3.03
all the statuses at the bottom say "no lock" until i pull out the usb wire, then the no lock disappears. So apparently it the software sees it but i can't use it.

when i open totalmix, and say new total mix window the device selection window is empty.

i tried my other usb port, same thing.

i also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it with the hardware disconnected and the hardware connected during installation. nothing helped.

i tried using the latest usb flash tool, which said: current revision usb 352 new revision 359
0.00 - 1.63
0 - 344
0 - 28

when i click update nothing happens.

Re: Fireface UFX USB Not recognized

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26441

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks for the swift response MC. like i said, i tried "putting whole program to trash" and re-installing it. i think like 4 times by now. using the guide in the link i posted above.

oh and no i never got that error message that you linked to in the other thread, nor do i have an allow button in security and privacy. even after doing a clean install just now. no difference.

heilige scheisse. danke.

This time i didn't delete it, i just reinstalled it over the existing installation. left the usb cable plugged in, i was kind of puzzled that the reboot took way longer than all the other times i installed it. and boom... now the allow button appeared in security and privacy. thanks a lot! have a blessed Christmas.