Topic: TotalMix FX 1.6 Beta 2 for Windows and Mac available

TotalMix FX 1.6 Beta 2 is now available. This time it's not about big feature updates, but a lot of fine-tuning and working on user feedback and wishes. And before someone asks: Better support for surround in the CRM section is planned for the next version, 1.7.

So here are the news for TotalMix 1.6:

- Optimized volume control for Babyface, Babyface Pro and MADIface Pro below -65 dB (mute in TotalMix FX).

- Settings for External Input and current PFL mode are no longer changed per Snapshot.

- Solo/PFL have now priority over the Mute state of an input channel. Please note that this change is not available for UFX II and UFX+. It requires a cumbersome and complicated firmware change on these two units, so there will be no immediate support for this feature for these two units. Sorry.

- Settings, Mixer: New option 'Exclusive Solo/PFL Mode'

- Settings, Mixer: New option 'Two Row Mode with only Input in first row'

- Settings, Aux Devices: Increased number of Aux device channel banks to 24, so that MADIface XT and HDSPe MADI FX can control an Octamic XTC even on MADI port 3.

- Preferences, Mixer Views: New option 'Store channel open/close state in Layout Preset'.

- Preferences, Snapshots: new 'do not load' options 'Main Volume, Main/Phones Volume, Control Room Settings'.

- Preferences, Special Options: new option to assign a password for the Lock User Interface feature (Windows only).

- Menu File: New option 'Preload all snapshots'. Loads the 8 snapshots of a workspace into the Snapshot section, but does not activate any of them. Other settings within the workspace file (window position etc.) are ignored.

- Menu Window: new option 270% (for Windows High DPI monitors)

- Matrix: Shift + click to change phase, Ctrl + click to mute (or double click) on the vertical channel name columns.   

- ARC USB: added instrument option for UC and UCX

- ARC USB: added new mode 'Push-or'. Allows for example to activate Talkback with a button and the footswitch without blocking each other.

- ARC USB, Usage: supports SysEx mode (requires firmware update of the ARC USB). Additional option to disable the former mode.

Mac only: Preferences, New Option 'Store Settings for all users'. So far every user had his own TM FX state/settings. This option now allows to have the same settings for all users.

Mac only: Added full support for multi-user operation. On a user change TM FX will automatically close and reopen. According to the above option it then loads either specific settings for the current user, or the same settings for all users. Note that due to multi-user support the preferences etc. are now stored in the folder '/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX' (all users) or 'user/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX'. TM FX 1.6 will read the data from former versions and immediately start storing all data in the new paths.

Fixes:

- A locked user interface still allowed the double-click on a fader

- Mac only: About dialog did not show under latest Mac OS versions.

- Mac only: in rare situations the mismatch message could cause a crash.

New in Mac driver 3.15

- New option in the Settings dialog to change between a smaller Safety Offset (3.x driver) and a bigger offset (as in the former 2.x driver. Useful for 2018 Macs with TB to USB adapters). Changing this option works in real-time and does not require to reload the DAW or to restart the computer.

Download:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tmxf_win_160.zip
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tmxf_mac_160.zip

For Windows: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the new version into Windows\System32 overwriting the old one.

For Mac: the changes in user management also needed changes in the driver. Therefore TM FX 1.6 comes as complete driver package, version 3.15:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … ac_315.zip

Updated Remotes

TotalMix FX Remotes have also been updated to support all the new features.

Download:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tm … remote.zip
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tm … remote.zip

Any feedback is appreciated!

Edit: download links updated for beta 2.
Edit 2: all links changed to the release versions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

2 (edited by ramses 2019-01-30 22:11:51)

Re: TotalMix FX 1.6 Beta 2 for Windows and Mac available

MC wrote:

[...]So here are the news for TotalMix 1.6:

[...]
1- Settings, Aux Devices: Increased number of Aux device channel banks to 24, so that MADIface XT and HDSPe MADI FX can control an Octamic XTC even on MADI port 3.
[...]
2- Preferences, Mixer Views: New option 'Store channel open/close state in Layout Preset'.
[...]
Any feedback is appreciated!

Many thanks for implementing these two in particular and for the other cool new features :-)

To -2: works very well. Now i.e. the opened EQ section of some channels are being stored and restored nicely in Layout Presets which lets this feature now really shine :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello;

MC wrote:

- Menu Window: new option 270% (for Windows High DPI monitors)

A small drawback: it works very well in the view of the Mixer, but not in the matrix view, changes the size of the elements (texts, drawings, cells, etc ...) but does not automatically adjust the size of the window.

Regards.

Xabel

BFPro, Win7Pro 64bit

BabyFace Pro, Win 10 LTSC 2021

You can do so manually and TM FX will remember that size, right?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, of course, but weird things happen, although not important, try this:

- Open the TM in matrix view, set the size to 270% you must manually adjust the size of the window, save it, ok!, now put 200%, 135% and 100%, now the size is automatically readjusted!

Regards

when the stable version releases?

just installed on MacOS for HDSPe AIO,
I killed the installer instead reboot, new TMFX works fine so far smile

HDSPe AIO, ADI-2 DAC, Fireface UFX, Octamic D, Octamic II
Reaper, High Sierra

xabelin wrote:

Yes, of course, but weird things happen, although not important, try this:

- Open the TM in matrix view, set the size to 270% you must manually adjust the size of the window, save it, ok!, now put 200%, 135% and 100%, now the size is automatically readjusted!

Regards

There is absolutely nothing weired happening. The Mixer has only horizontal scrolls, the window size therefore does not change in horizontal width. The Matrix usually has scrolls in both vertical and horizontal direction, so does not scale up the window at all - not weired but logical. Scaling down the window size when the window content is no longer using scroll bars works as it always did.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

First of all, apology for the use of the word weird, my English is very limited and relies mostly on google translator.

MC wrote:

The Mixer has only horizontal scrolls, the window size therefore does not change in horizontal width. The Matrix usually has scrolls in both vertical and horizontal direction, so does not scale up the window at all - not weired but logical. Scaling down the window size when the window content is no longer using scroll bars works as it always did.

Understood!

Thank you!

Best regards.

Using 1.60 beta 1 on macOS 10.13.6:
The "2 row" mode is giving me problems with the UI. Adjusting the size of the Software Playback does not work. As soon as I adjust a fader, the window is jumping to my cursor position.

Thanks, we see that too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

And quickly fixed it in the new beta 2, link see first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I updated the first posts with links to the beta 2 files of TotalMix FX and Remotes. Changes:

- small change to prevent level meters showing different levels with 0.05 dB difference

- possible risk of crashing removed when connecting a DURec device while a remote session is active

- limited the new Matrix features to the surrounding matrix labelling

Mac only:

- beta 1 did not work correctly with <10.9

- 2 row mode caused separator to follow mouse

We consider these versions now final and will add them to drivers unless a serious bug is reported. The updated iPad apps will be available around next week as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

14 (edited by technobeam 2019-02-18 21:46:19)

Please, add in TotalMixFX some zoom function for EQ.(ipad)
With ipad is a bit difficult to manage work with small EQ screen.

Is there any plan in the future, to add Specter analyzer in TotalMixFX for ipad?

Sorry to mess you up.
All requests were related to TotalMixFx for iPad.

Thank you.

technobeam wrote:

Please, add in TotalMixFX some zoom function for EQ.
With ipad is a bit difficult to manage work with small EQ screen.

+1 - see previous posts relating to operation of TotalMix remote in live situations, where this and other suggestions were offered.  TotalMix was designed in the context of control using a mouse; a rethink seems appropriate where the fingertip replaces the mouse pointer.

The use of the Apple Pencil can make such control more manageable, if this possibility is available.

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

Post 1 has been edited to reflect the current release state. More drivers with TM FX 1.6 will show up the next days. The release version of TM FX is available in the first post nonetheless.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

17 (edited by tzzsmk 2019-02-19 19:22:37)

I observed one small bug,
on MacOS, there seems to be certain minimum TotalMix FX window width, which TotalMix FX loads up after computer reboot/shutdown, or even after quitting and reopening TotalMix FX,
1) width TotalMix FX resets to: https://imgur.com/oeAPMMv
2) width of TotalMix FX I use: https://imgur.com/WZyuUxP

HDSPe AIO, ADI-2 DAC, Fireface UFX, Octamic D, Octamic II
Reaper, High Sierra

The remotes have been updated to 1.11. A new version of the iPad remote has been uploaded to the App store.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

19 (edited by joka66 2019-03-05 17:40:29)

i discovered a specific bug with the Icon Platform M+ DAW Controller which affects all Totalmix versions (1.4 to 1.6) in all OSX versions from 10.11. up to 10.14 (El Capitan to Mojave). i want to use the Controller to mix different speaker etc. with Totalmix.
My setup: Macbook Pro with OSX 10.11, RME UCX and Icon Platform M+ Controller.

The behavior is very strange: After connecting the Controller i can select it as Midi In and Midi out in Totalmix Settings (F3). When i hit OK, nothing happens -> after reopening Settings, the selected Controller has disappeard from the settings and they show 'None'.
I crosschecked the controller in a virtual windows 7 setup on my mac and there it works perfectly. i routed the UCX and the controller to the virtual box, selected the controller in the Totalmix Preferences and it start working perfectly.
I tried in all OSX Versions, all virtual boxes, and always the same behavior.
My last crosscheck was a midi router (midiPipe), where i created two pipes and connected the controller and simply routed all signals to this pipe. Simply said: rename the Midi Device -> selected the pipes in Totalmix: Controller is working as expected.

See attached screenshots (zip) for USB name details.

Please fix this issue.
Thx in advance
joka smile

https://owncloud.radakovitz.at/index.ph … wpakBtwaOL

Is it possible to increase the number of OSC controllers above four? Is there an ini file or something that would enable that? I know it's possible to piggy back OSC controllers eg. in OSCAR but I don't think it's possible to then lock them to a submix.

Thx Greg

Hi,

I have an issue with assigning talkback to outputs. Talkback works fine with headphone outputs 9/10 & 11/12 but no signal is going thru other outputs. The channel talkback button is on.
Any ideas? Is this a bug or this only happens to me?
Working currently with the TM 1.6 version
Thanks

drodriguezaudio wrote:

Hi,

I have an issue with assigning talkback to outputs. Talkback works fine with headphone outputs 9/10 & 11/12 but no signal is going thru other outputs. The channel talkback button is on.
Any ideas? Is this a bug or this only happens to me?
Working currently with the TM 1.6 version
Thanks

The problem has been solved patching the talkback mic directly to the analog output using the matrix window.

there is a small graphic glitch in totalmix when you hide the adat output channels...the text is chopped saying "HARDWARE O"
instead of hardware outputs