Topic: TotalMix FX 1.6 Beta 2 for Windows and Mac available
TotalMix FX 1.6 Beta 2 is now available. This time it's not about big feature updates, but a lot of fine-tuning and working on user feedback and wishes. And before someone asks: Better support for surround in the CRM section is planned for the next version, 1.7.
So here are the news for TotalMix 1.6:
- Optimized volume control for Babyface, Babyface Pro and MADIface Pro below -65 dB (mute in TotalMix FX).
- Settings for External Input and current PFL mode are no longer changed per Snapshot.
- Solo/PFL have now priority over the Mute state of an input channel. Please note that this change is not available for UFX II and UFX+. It requires a cumbersome and complicated firmware change on these two units, so there will be no immediate support for this feature for these two units. Sorry.
- Settings, Mixer: New option 'Exclusive Solo/PFL Mode'
- Settings, Mixer: New option 'Two Row Mode with only Input in first row'
- Settings, Aux Devices: Increased number of Aux device channel banks to 24, so that MADIface XT and HDSPe MADI FX can control an Octamic XTC even on MADI port 3.
- Preferences, Mixer Views: New option 'Store channel open/close state in Layout Preset'.
- Preferences, Snapshots: new 'do not load' options 'Main Volume, Main/Phones Volume, Control Room Settings'.
- Preferences, Special Options: new option to assign a password for the Lock User Interface feature (Windows only).
- Menu File: New option 'Preload all snapshots'. Loads the 8 snapshots of a workspace into the Snapshot section, but does not activate any of them. Other settings within the workspace file (window position etc.) are ignored.
- Menu Window: new option 270% (for Windows High DPI monitors)
- Matrix: Shift + click to change phase, Ctrl + click to mute (or double click) on the vertical channel name columns.
- ARC USB: added instrument option for UC and UCX
- ARC USB: added new mode 'Push-or'. Allows for example to activate Talkback with a button and the footswitch without blocking each other.
- ARC USB, Usage: supports SysEx mode (requires firmware update of the ARC USB). Additional option to disable the former mode.
Mac only: Preferences, New Option 'Store Settings for all users'. So far every user had his own TM FX state/settings. This option now allows to have the same settings for all users.
Mac only: Added full support for multi-user operation. On a user change TM FX will automatically close and reopen. According to the above option it then loads either specific settings for the current user, or the same settings for all users. Note that due to multi-user support the preferences etc. are now stored in the folder '/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX' (all users) or 'user/Library/Application Support/RME TotalMix FX'. TM FX 1.6 will read the data from former versions and immediately start storing all data in the new paths.
- A locked user interface still allowed the double-click on a fader
- Mac only: About dialog did not show under latest Mac OS versions.
- Mac only: in rare situations the mismatch message could cause a crash.
New in Mac driver 3.15
- New option in the Settings dialog to change between a smaller Safety Offset (3.x driver) and a bigger offset (as in the former 2.x driver. Useful for 2018 Macs with TB to USB adapters). Changing this option works in real-time and does not require to reload the DAW or to restart the computer.
For Windows: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the new version into Windows\System32 overwriting the old one.
For Mac: the changes in user management also needed changes in the driver. Therefore TM FX 1.6 comes as complete driver package, version 3.15:
TotalMix FX Remotes have also been updated to support all the new features.
Any feedback is appreciated!
Edit: download links updated for beta 2.
Edit 2: all links changed to the release versions.