Re: RME ADI-2 DAC/Pro FS: Feature Requests

Hi there! smile
I don't know if that would be possible, but concerning the great dynamic loudness feature, it would be very convenient to have the possibility to choose a different Low Vol Ref for each source.
For instance, my TV is connected via optical and is about -22 LUFS (thanks Digicheck!), but the coaxial and USB are more about -8 to -6 LUFS (I use them for music). So I must change the Low Vol Ref if I switch between TV and music... Or choose to use Dynamic Loudness only for the TV or the music, it's a shame... smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

For the Pro this is already possible, I just checked with the Pro R BE model.

There might be this difference because the Pro model has two different D/A converter, the DAC has only one.

Am curious what RME responds to your request. Maybe its doable for the DAC model in a different way ..

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB

153 (edited by N00b 2020-06-28 20:23:35)

ramses wrote:

For the Pro this is already possible, I just checked with the Pro R BE model.

There might be this difference because the Pro model has two different D/A converter, the DAC has only one.

Am curious what RME responds to your request. Maybe its doable for the DAC model in a different way ..

Thanks for your reply Ramses.
With the Pro you can depending on the source? How do you?
On the DAC we can only depending on the output (one low vol ref for line out and one different for headphones for instance, but not depending on source (optical/usb/coaxial). smile

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

154 (edited by KaiS 2020-06-28 21:35:21)

I don't see source dependent (Dynamic) Loudness settings at the ADI-2 Pro here, just tried.

On the Pro there are two independent settings for the output channels 1/2 and 3/4, that's it.

I suggest to use different Presets for source switching, bit more to set in the 1st place, but then ...

155 (edited by ramses 2020-06-28 23:56:12)

KaiS wrote:

I don't see source dependent (Dynamic) Loudness settings at the ADI-2 Pro here, just tried.

On the Pro there are two independent settings for the output channels 1/2 and 3/4, that's it.

I suggest to use different Presets for source switching, bit more to set in the 1st place, but then ...

EDIT ...

Ok, he means from source, sorry, this I didn't get ...

I see a problem .. two different dyn loudness settings for e.g. monitors and phones make sense ...

But to make this additionally dependend from source might be a nightmare.

If you select a source .. then dynamic loudness would also depend on the outputs .. for speakers the needed settings might be different compared to phones ...

So at the end you would require for each source two different dyn loudness settings for a) speakers and b) phones.

The amount of different settings for dynamic loudness would be "# of sources * 2".

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10 Pro 1909, Cubase, UFX+, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, ARC USB

156 (edited by Delysid Yesterday 23:30:50)

I would love to have an option of having pre or post FX Spectrum Analyser. At this time it's post FX and that's fine, but I would also like to have pre FX on the screen, coupled with already implemented pre/post volume meters. That would give me all necessary information for my use case. Peak, where that peak is occurring and what actually goes out of the DAC, all in one screen basically. Not much of a use case, it's rather a preference.

Edit: Also, is there a technical limitation on EQ's 24 dB of bandwidth, or it's purely by choice? Mind you, I'm perfectly fine with +12 dB, but could use to go a little bit lower, like -15, or even -18 would be perfect.