Topic: Firmware Updates ADI-2 Pro 193 / 93 and DAC 26 / 28
With the summer holidays upcoming it is time to release a new firmware for ADI-2 DAC and Pro, bringing some fixes, improvements and new functions. We hope you like it as much as we do!
Identical Changes for all ADI-2 DAC and Pro models
- Improved AutoDark behaviour. The Dark mode is now interrupted when any phones is plugged-in, by pushing the volume knob and when warning messages are shown.
- Quickly turning the encoder 1 to change the current channel in the I/O menu caused invalid screen content
- Reduced encoder acceleration in various modes (frequency, Q…) for easier adjustment
- Copying empty PEQ presets over saved ones now causes a reset of the saved preset which is then marked with 'lin' as 'linear'. Additionally EQ Preset 21, Clear, has been added as fixed linear preset for comparison and to reset others by copying it onto those.
- Additional level meter color 'Amber' (Setup – Options – Display – Meter Color).
- New option in Setup – Options – Display: Hor.(izontal) Meter. Choices are Pre-FX, Post-FX and Dual, affecting the stereo level meter below the Analyzer. Pre-FX shows the level before all DSP processing and the volume control, which equals the 'input' level. Pre-FX can be useful to show a missing input signal, overloads of the source etc. Post-FX is the way it worked so far, after FX and volume, to show the real output level and overloads by processing. Dual combines the best of both: Pre-FX is shown as thin bar on the outside of the meters, Post-FX as thicker bar in the middle. Note that the numbers shown in Dual mode on the right side are Post-FX.
- Active Mono mode is now shown in the lower taskbar
- Added Crossfeed 1-5 and all DA filters to Remap Keys (Setup – Options – Hardware/Diagnosis). The total number of available commands is now 40 for the Pro and 31 for the DAC.
Changes for ADI-2 DAC only
- Bugfix: since V24 changing VOL no longer deactivated DIM and Mute
- DIM is now a fully supported function and therefore available in the I/O menu and remembered by the unit over power-off and -on.
- New Details Top screen. This version of the Dark Volume screen lists all currently active DSP functions, including the currently loaded PEQ Preset name. It is therefore very easy to check if any of the numerous audio processing functions are activated.
- New option Mute Line – Toggle Plugged (Setup – Options – Device Mode). Having plugged-in Phones and IEM, switching via long press of the Volume knob now toggles between Line (rear), Phones, IEM, back to Line (rear) and so on.
- A short press on the Volume knob mutes the outputs. This new Mute function is only disabled in the EQ screen where the push switches EQ bands.
Changes for ADI-2 Pro series only
- Fixed DA path for proper playback of low level signals (LSB offset as discovered by KSTR)
- Show Vol Screen Off did not work in Dual Phones mode
- Improved behaviour when a channel is in OFF mode
- Improved behaviour when Phones states change during power-off
- Channel select marker behaviour improved in certain cases
Windows: If you need to install the driver for the flash process and uninstall it again:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 81#p135881
As always updated manuals are available for download on our website: