Topic: Any success with UCX in Class Compliant mode on iPad and amp sim apps?

Hi,

I have been trying the UCX in Class Compliant several times and I can't get a good result using amp sims such as Amplitube, Bias etc... on iPad Air 2. The UCX is recognised by Total Mix FX, I got the signal from all inputs, but when I use the amp sim application, it does not sound right. I don't have the tone I should have from the app. Especially high gain guitar amps. The apps only allow input 1 and 2 in the setting. It does not support input 3 and 4 for instruments. Maybe the reason why.

I would like to know if anyone had any success using amp sims in class-compliant on iPad? If so, would you mind to tell me your setting?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Re: Any success with UCX in Class Compliant mode on iPad and amp sim apps?

You can use Loopback in the TotalMix FX for iPad app to get the app accepting inputs 3 or 4 (decribed also in the Mac section of the manual). Then the sound will definitely be different. Guitar on 1/2 is dull.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have tried and there is loud high pitch feedback when the loopback is activated.

I went back to Line1, put down the fader of the Hardware Inputs to only have the software playback. The apps will give sound but not appropriate. It does change if I turn up the gain from Line1 input. It is as if the software playback does not get the proper signal from the apps.

It should be obvious that the output of your amp apps need to be send out on any channel BUT 1/2 (feedback...). Easily done in TotalMix sending these to 3/4 etc. Of ycourse your monitoring (amp, speakers) need to be connected there (3/4...) as well. The level is digital, so the hardware output level meter of 1/2 should not show overs and not too low level.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME