Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Emmm...Apple Silicon doesn't have NVRAM reset big_smile

I guess what helped was just restarting the operative system?

But here you are comparing apples with oranges. The Arturia is a 4-channel audio interface, where a total of only (!) 8 input and output channels are permanently transferred via USB2. The UFX III is a 94 channel interface where 188 input and output channels have to be permanently transferred via USB3.
This is a much higher audio bandwidth that has to be permanently transferred via USB. It doesn't matter if the inputs or outputs are in use, everything is always transferred by the driver.
So if there is a problem somewhere in the Apple operating system that interferes with real-time audio processing, it is no surprise that the likelihood of audio problems is higher with an interface that has more channels (in this case, many more channels) as so much more audio data has to be transferred / processed in time.

Interesting, I didn't know everything is always transferred by the driver.

552 (edited by ramses 2023-07-23 11:39:29)

dhatt wrote:
ramses wrote:
matteo.merzi wrote:

a small update: I made some tests on my M1 Pro mac with another different audio interface: an Arturia Minifuse 4 (a 250$ interface). I had zero issue even with a buffer of 16 and 32 doing exactly the same operation I normally do.
I then tested again with the Fireface UFX III and it immediately started to stutter and create audio pops.
I might understand that that the issue is from Apple, but it doesn't make my 3k $ audio interface usable.
I will have to return it, luckily I am still inside my return window.

But here you are comparing apples with oranges. The Arturia is a 4-channel audio interface, where a total of only (!) 8 input and output channels are permanently transferred via USB2. The UFX III is a 94 channel interface where 188 input and output channels have to be permanently transferred via USB3.
This is a much higher audio bandwidth that has to be permanently transferred via USB. It doesn't matter if the inputs or outputs are in use, everything is always transferred by the driver.
So if there is a problem somewhere in the Apple operating system that interferes with real-time audio processing, it is no surprise that the likelihood of audio problems is higher with an interface that has more channels (in this case, many more channels) as so much more audio data has to be transferred / processed in time.

You do realize that people who have issues doesn't use all those channels and i/o? I have stutters only when using headphones with Spotify, not when recording Vienna Symphonic Orcestra

You obviously did not read my posting carefully. It clearly states that all channels of a recording interface are always transmitted regardless of whether the application uses the channels or not. In the data then just zeros or whatever are transferred.

There are only a few devices where this is not the case, where it works differently (definitively not for UFX, UFX II, UFX III):

With some Firewire devices there were RME driver settings in the Settings dialog to transfer only the analog channels. Another exception: HDSPe MADI FX because of the high number of channels (390), mainly because of the 3 MADI busses, which is why the card got a resource optimizing driver, that only a cluster of 8 channels is transmitted, if at least 1 channel of this group of 8 is active.
So my statement is still valid.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

dhatt wrote:
kennyserane wrote:
dhatt wrote:

Hope you joking, because M1 laptops cost less than plastic Chinese PC crap. Not to mention powerful PC laptops, that easily cost no same price as maxed out Macbook Pro's. Noone in clear mind will switch platform because of disfunctional audio interface, not to mention Arturia card working without issues.

If I switch it's not for audio interface, I had problems recently with RME but solved to not using a hub. My thoughts are Apple is not stable anymore (or stable enough for the price and what i knew before) with too many updates with no real interests into but problems for 3rd parties.

I agree on that part. But not really about luxury part. Samsung Galaxy cost same amount as iPhone, if not more. Same goes for gaming laptops. Where PC wins is when you assemble your own desktop, yeah. And before, you were also paying for software stability. I guess moving to Apple Silicon is not as smooth process as they might showing it...

And I’m agree with you too. I think PC laptop is the worst investment regarding quality. Maybe reason why Apple laptops are best sellers. But if you need a work station, Apple is going crazy with their Mac Pro, display etc..

554 (edited by ramses 2023-07-23 11:38:36)

kennyserane wrote:
dhatt wrote:
kennyserane wrote:

If I switch it's not for audio interface, I had problems recently with RME but solved to not using a hub. My thoughts are Apple is not stable anymore (or stable enough for the price and what i knew before) with too many updates with no real interests into but problems for 3rd parties.

I agree on that part. But not really about luxury part. Samsung Galaxy cost same amount as iPhone, if not more. Same goes for gaming laptops. Where PC wins is when you assemble your own desktop, yeah. And before, you were also paying for software stability. I guess moving to Apple Silicon is not as smooth process as they might showing it...

And I’m agree with you too. I think PC laptop is the worst investment regarding quality. Maybe reason why Apple laptops are best sellers. But if you need a work station, Apple is going crazy with their Mac Pro, display etc..

Like always, it depends on the device and its drivers.

There are also companies offering turnkey laptops for audio work based on tested components.

In contrast to Apple, those devices are not so expensive with a decent DRAM and SSD fitting, can be even upgraded and have a professional anti glare display. Moreover, the support for older HW is usually much longer, except the Win11 issues with kern virtualization, but which can be turned off easily with a tool for creating/modifying installation media for this purpose.

But I even had a company business Laptop from Lenovo in the past, which was as pure business device not too expensive and it offered excellent DPC latencies <100us.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

dhatt wrote:
optima.top wrote:

Hi,

my first post on the forum so nice to meet you all! Reading about problems some of you have, makes me feel a very lucky buyer indeed. I bought the BF Pro FS two weeks ago as a replacement for my 5-year-old Clarett 8PreX and honestly I couldn't be happier. I'm currently using the interface both on a Mac Mini Intel and a Macbook Pro M1 with absolutely no issues. And by no issues I mean no glitches, dropouts or anything in multiple film score projects with 200+ tracks both in Ableton Live and, occasionally, for purely timecode specific tasks - Logic. Buffer sizes from 64 up to 1024, depending on whether I am recording instruments or mixing. Plus - the driver kit from RME and the fact that I don't have to mess around with security settings on my M1 is absolutely amazing. I think RME is currently the only company that has this figured out in the M1/M2 environment.

I sincerely hope you find a solution to your problems. I know how frustrating they can be.

Cheers!

You know what frustrating? Posts from people like you, distorting the image and discussion. Imagine, people having problems, they discuss it, and then someone, like, "Hey folks I just want you to know, I don't have any problems, cheers!". Are you f**king serious? Or you just a RME bot aiming to damage control and pretend that not everything as bad as it really is? Can't believe people like you exist.

I cannot believe I am wasting my time responding to a cyberbully like you. You have no idea who I am and what I do yet you immediately insult me with your personal response. You can't believe people like me exist? I'll tell you what - if it weren't for me, two of your compatriots would have no roof over their heads after they fled Ukraine and came to Poland more than a year ago. A girl my daughter's age would not have a laptop to study on. So, next time you try to insult a total stranger, think twice.

Besides, I thought this thread was about sharing all sorts of opinions and experiences about the RME USB driver. Who gave you the right to decide who can post what in here? You really think EVERYONE has problems like you?! Wake up, Sir. I have a 14 inch 16GB M1 Pro and have NO ISSUES with my BF Pro FS. Period.

Anyway, have a good Sunday and a piece of advice - be nicer to other people. One day it may actually work to your benefit.

maybe good news? Yesterday I decided to made a clean Ventura install (the previous one was like a week old, but I was desperate). When It was time to install the RME driver I realized there are 2 different drivers:
- v. 4.08 (2)
- Version 3.28B (2). Supports Intel and M1/2.
In my previous installation I think I used the 4.0.8 (which in the readme states it is compatible with Apple Silicon M1 and M2).
This time I wanted to try version 3.28b, the one that requires lowering the Security Policy.
Result: no stutter or audio glitch, even at 32 buffer size.
This was exactly the problem I had before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDs_68hQSo I say "had" because I really hope I solve my issue with the different driver version.
I think the RME website is really confusing about which is the correct driver. It is still not clear to me.
I hope that this can helpful

A similar problem?
Symptoms: I am migrating to a newer iMac. Neither the OX Sound Preference, nor my Reaper Preference can see the UFX
And the flash firmware updater doesn't seem to work - the progress bar never moves.
        Both the OX Sound Preference, and my Reaper Preference does show my other (Audient) interface, with operates fine.
        My main DAW Reaper preferences also says "Not found: UFX (23598287)".

I am using MacOS 12.6.7 Monterey on a recently refurbished by Apple iMac (Intel). I have used the UFX for many years via Firewire on my old iMac. But my new iMac does not have Firewire so I am trying to use USB.

I've tried updating the firmware first as indicated in the readme. The firmware upgrade software seemingly does nothing - no process bar movement. It is as if the UFX is not letting me upgrade it.

So I have also tried installing the latest drivers.

I've tried installing both the 328b2 driver and the 4082 drivekit.
        Driver v4.08 shows up on Fireface USB Settings dialog. With "Fireface UFX (23598287)" which is mine.
        On the UFX the USB led is glowing blue.
        Total mix is not running anywhere I can see it. If I try to boot it, it does show active on the Finder Dock,
            but doesn't show up on either monitor.

I tried five different USB ports on the new iMac; I have tried two different USB cables - (and ordered a new one)
As suggested in the manual, I removed the RME library files and re-installed the driver;
I checked the class compliant setting on the UFX - It is off. (Should it be on???);
I have booted and rebooted the computer and the UFX in every conceivable sequence;

I've also tried, using my old Macbook with CatalinaOS, to update the firmware with the same result - nothing happens.

I suspect I am missing something simple here... any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

JRBUFX wrote:

A similar problem?
Symptoms: I am migrating to a newer iMac. Neither the OX Sound Preference, nor my Reaper Preference can see the UFX
And the flash firmware updater doesn't seem to work - the progress bar never moves.
        Both the OX Sound Preference, and my Reaper Preference does show my other (Audient) interface, with operates fine.
        My main DAW Reaper preferences also says "Not found: UFX (23598287)".

I am using MacOS 12.6.7 Monterey on a recently refurbished by Apple iMac (Intel). I have used the UFX for many years via Firewire on my old iMac. But my new iMac does not have Firewire so I am trying to use USB.

I've tried updating the firmware first as indicated in the readme. The firmware upgrade software seemingly does nothing - no process bar movement. It is as if the UFX is not letting me upgrade it.

So I have also tried installing the latest drivers.

I've tried installing both the 328b2 driver and the 4082 drivekit.
        Driver v4.08 shows up on Fireface USB Settings dialog. With "Fireface UFX (23598287)" which is mine.
        On the UFX the USB led is glowing blue.
        Total mix is not running anywhere I can see it. If I try to boot it, it does show active on the Finder Dock,
            but doesn't show up on either monitor.

I tried five different USB ports on the new iMac; I have tried two different USB cables - (and ordered a new one)
As suggested in the manual, I removed the RME library files and re-installed the driver;
I checked the class compliant setting on the UFX - It is off. (Should it be on???);
I have booted and rebooted the computer and the UFX in every conceivable sequence;

I've also tried, using my old Macbook with CatalinaOS, to update the firmware with the same result - nothing happens.

I suspect I am missing something simple here... any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

You have an Intel Mac, so you’re at the wrong place here. Anyway I post my reply also here: I think it’s an issue with the security settings on the Mac. After the installation you have to allow the driver in the macOS settings. And also, as I wrote before, you have to give the permission for the 'microphone' (the audio hardware is meant).
Have a read here https://www.rme-audio.de/rme-macos.html

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

matteo.merzi wrote:

maybe good news? Yesterday I decided to made a clean Ventura install (the previous one was like a week old, but I was desperate). When It was time to install the RME driver I realized there are 2 different drivers:
- v. 4.08 (2)
In my previous installation I think I used the 4.0.8 (which in the readme states it is compatible with Apple Silicon M1 and M2).
This time I wanted to try version 3.28b, the one that requires lowering the Security Policy.
This was exactly the problem I had before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDs_68hQSo I say "had" because I really hope I solve my issue with the different driver version.
I think the RME website is really confusing about which is the correct driver. It is still not clear to me.

The whole discussion concerning the stutter and glitches is related to the new 'driverkit' versions of USB drivers v4.0x, not the kernel extension versions 3.2x.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, I'm using a Babyface (not Pro) paired with a Fireface UFX II. So because of the Babyface, I cannot use the new DK drivers and must continue using the KE drivers?

561 (edited by dhatt 2023-07-26 09:48:19)

matteo.merzi wrote:

- v. 4.08 (2)

lowering Security Policy is not a good news

dhatt wrote:

lowering Security Policy is not a good news

Why not ?
The user of the computer does install software, he is responsible for using software from sources you can trust.
Disable SIP is almost normal today and has no bad influence on your computer as long as you keep software installations under control. Don't let others use your computer for gaming or social media maintenance.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

TLV1 Studios wrote:

Just to make sure I understand correctly, I'm using a Babyface (not Pro) paired with a Fireface UFX II. So because of the Babyface, I cannot use the new DK drivers and must continue using the KE drivers?

No, that’s not correct. But the original Babyface needs a firmware update first to work with the driver v 4.0x. This only can be done on a Mac with a kext driver on it or a Windows computer.
https://rme-audio.de/driverkit-info.html

oli77sch wrote:
TLV1 Studios wrote:

No, that’s not correct. But the original Babyface needs a firmware update first to work with the driver v 4.0x. This only can be done on a Mac with a kext driver on it or a Windows computer.
https://rme-audio.de/driverkit-info.html

Thank you for the simple, clear and concise answer!

Hey There,
I am getting volume spikes from my UFX
Mac Studio (2022) Apple M1 Max
I have reinstalled all drivers and flash updates. It seem to be random that a massive overload happens and total mix master outs and headphone outs all fire up to red. I changed usb cables as well.

colinwraycrawford wrote:

Hey There,
I have reinstalled all drivers and flash updates. It seem to be random that a massive overload happens and total mix master outs and headphone outs all fire up to red. I changed usb cables as well.

Could be the power supply..

colinwraycrawford wrote:

Hey There,

I'm experiencing something similar on a DigiFace USB connected to a Apple M1 Macbook Pro (2021)

Getting a bunch of console output like this:
default    12:31:31.189788-0500    RMEUsbAsp    ConvertInputSamples no microframe found
default    12:31:31.189919-0500    RMEUsbAsp    WriteOutputData: unexpected position!
default    12:31:31.481520-0500    RMEUsbAsp    WriteOutputData: unexpected position!
default    13:01:39.289803-0500    RMEUsbAsp    ConvertInputSamples no microframe found
default    13:01:39.509968-0500    RMEUsbAsp    Timer: Restart Request !
default    13:01:39.782797-0500    RMEUsbAsp    WriteOutputData: unexpected position!
default    13:05:31.882401-0500    RMEUsbAsp    ConvertInputSamples no microframe found
default    13:05:32.109437-0500    RMEUsbAsp    Timer: Restart Request !
default    13:05:32.109591-0500    RMEUsbAsp    WriteOutputData: unexpected position!
default    13:05:32.110867-0500    RMEUsbAsp    ConvertInputSamples no microframe found
default    13:05:32.447588-0500    RMEUsbAsp    WriteOutputData: unexpected position!

Being very frustrated I just upgraded to Mac OS X Sonoma 14.0 Beta from Ventura based on a claim that Apple has improved DriverKit performance in the new OS. 

https://www.apple.com/macos/sonoma-preview/

10 Minutes of testing running ableton, Docker Virtualized Containers, Multiple servers, VS Code, and 50 Chrome tabs and I haven't had any dropouts on the Digiface. (Using 100% of all CPUS and All Physical Memory)

d.cam09 wrote:

Being very frustrated I just upgraded to Mac OS X Sonoma 14.0 Beta from Ventura based on a claim that Apple has improved DriverKit performance in the new OS. 

10 Minutes of testing running ableton, Docker Virtualized Containers, Multiple servers, VS Code, and 50 Chrome tabs and I haven't had any dropouts on the Digiface. (Using 100% of all CPUS and All Physical Memory)

Wow, thanks for sharing this..

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

d.cam09 wrote:

Just want to say thank you for sharing this. Fingers crossed I will simply upgrade when Sonoma is officially out. Having driverkit USB dropouts on my M2. Works just fine with the legacy kext. shrug

Fireface UCX, Mac Studio M2 max, macOS Sonoma

d.cam09 wrote:

Ok, so being Friday and all here in South Australia, I decided to try this today, as at least I'd have time to revert back if needed... OMG...  This is it!!
Now, before we all get too excited... there were a bunch of things I had to do, with particularly, Setting/ Privacy & security etc. 
I won't go into it now, as I have to get home and make dinner for my daughter, but I can confidently say, this is the best my Mac has ever worked.

----------------
----------------

Well, this is incredible. I've just updated to the public beta of Sonoma, and my M1 Mac mini works perfectly with the FF400! In fact, I think it may be more stable than the previous version. It's only been running on my machine for an hour or so, but so far, so good.

AndrewHall wrote:

Well, this is incredible. I've just updated to the public beta of Sonoma, and my M1 Mac mini works perfectly with the FF400! In fact, I think it may be more stable than the previous version. It's only been running on my machine for an hour or so, but so far, so good.

I've popped into work toady and woke my Mac from sleep....  it all just worked instantly.. No having to re-start various stuff.

----------------
----------------

AndrewHall wrote:

You made my day - I’m so tired of all this unfounded 'Apple-drops-FireWire-support' messages (since macOS 11 or whatever) - thank you!
wink although you’re in the wrong thread, the FF400 uses the FireWire driver, not USB… wink

Sounds like there are some good news about Sonoma and the USB drivers. Anybody tried the official public Sonoma on Fireface802 yet?

576 (edited by studioatmuza 2023-10-01 12:26:25)

M2 Pro Mini/RME Digiface USB. Logic is not getting input signal from RME.
Built in mic or monitor mic works fine in Logic.
Output works fine using RME in Logic.
Mic enabled in system settings.
Sonoma reinstalled, Logic reinstalled, RME drivers reinstalled.
I can see signal input on TotalMix.

Any ideas ?

-------------------SOLVED_____________-

Mic Mode on Mac (voice isolation) is creating input issues

In Totalmix make a Total Reset and try again.
Probably you was playing around and forgot to switch off Loopback on that ?

578 (edited by oli77sch 2023-10-01 17:40:35)

ilyavolum wrote:

PLEASE HELP!

I am on mac book pro 2021 M1 Ventura os. with Fireface UC400.
I did all the things which i found here, on the forum, to run Fireface USB Settings - all the things which require using terminal and in  reboot mode, but still nothing. When i try to open it nothing happens.

There is no such interface model name.
If you have the Fireface UC, then you need the USB driver (to be more exact, there are two different ones for USB), if you have the Fireface 400, then you need the firewire driver. So what model do you have and what exact driver have you loaded and installed?

Can anyone report if this is still working on Sonoma, now the main release has dropped and it's left beta.

I've been getting dropouts with Monterey and itching to upgrade to Sonoma hoping it will fix the issue, but there's another thread on the board, https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38131
with someone reporting issues with Sonoma on a UFX III (which is the same interface) as mine.

Any other reports of success with the main release? Especially interested if you have a UFXIII

I own a UFXIII and I was planning to test Sonoma, but other software I need are not ready for it yet (Arturia V Collection 9).
At the moment I am on Ventura and I have zero issue using the old driver (the one that requires the kernel security change).
With newer driver instead I constantly had dropouts. Really annoying.
I hope that I will not encounter issue with Sonoma!

Nothing to worry about in regard to Arturia V-Collection 9.   All working perfectly on my Sonoma systems.

----------------
----------------

mattrixx wrote:

Nothing to worry about in regard to Arturia V-Collection 9.   All working perfectly on my Sonoma systems.

thanks for the info, I guess I know what I am going to do today!
Worst case scenario I will revert with time machine.

583 (edited by matteo.merzi 2023-10-11 01:32:53)

ss wrote:

Can anyone report if this is still working on Sonoma, now the main release has dropped and it's left beta.

I've been getting dropouts with Monterey and itching to upgrade to Sonoma hoping it will fix the issue, but there's another thread on the board, https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38131
with someone reporting issues with Sonoma on a UFX III (which is the same interface) as mine.

Any other reports of success with the main release? Especially interested if you have a UFXIII

You know what? I still have dropouts, and honestly even worst than before.
I will try for a couple of days and if it continues like this I will revert back to Ventura with the old driver.

Just posting a small update on my test with Sonoma on my macbook pro m1 pro.
I did a clean install and used the v. 4.08 (2) driver and the the 4.09 beta as well.
In both cases I encountered the dropouts issue I had before with Ventura and the same driver.
I reverted back to Ventura with the old driver v 3.28B (2) which instead works with no issue.

Thanks a lot.

Working!

Finally Sonoma recognized my UFX.
I did USB Flash update UFX by my another Mac.

then firmware updated.

That's it.

MacBook Pro - Sonoma 14.0
UFX

----

One thing, I Feel the Sound Quality is not good..
I'm not sureis it just in my case?

Instead of feeling the sound quality you can measure it with a null-test.

587 (edited by igordp 2023-10-23 12:33:14)

What I want to say.
With Babyface Pro FS driver v4.09 it seems like all my issues are solved. Before I had glitches and clicks randomly (Especially while working in Final Cut Pro) showing up while in PC mode. In CC mode everything was fine already, but without Totalmix.

FCP timeline is buttery smooth now with audio skimming turned on. No clicks detected.

Thank you RME team!

UPD: Some clicks are here anyways... But it feels better than before.

Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum.

I need some help with my Fireface UFX III that I use on Mac (M1, Mac OS 13.6). The driver version is DriverKit driver, v. 4.08 (2).

I have noticed that my Mac's System Preferences -> Audio In and TotalMix detect the sound from the connected microphone.
However, I'm having a problem where other applications, like Zoom and Slack, don't seem to respond to the microphone at all.

I've given permission for TotalMix to access the microphone through my Mac's settings.
As I was not asked about this when launching the app, I manually enabled it by editing a file named TCC.db.

I was wondering what you might think is causing this issue. I also apologize if a similar question has already been asked.

You have to give Mic rights to Zoom and Slack as well. These apps do not allow you to select a specific input, they only use inputs 1/2 for the input source. So you will also need to create a "Loopback" path on AN 1/2 output with the mic input routed to that output.

https://youtu.be/fCivF5Ql9CY

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

you will also need to create a "Loopback" path on AN 1/2 output with the mic input routed to that output.

I see, that's how it is.

I was considering connecting the microphone to another device as I was unable to resolve it myself, so this was very helpful.
Thank you very much!

ok, here is what i have to do to make the new 4.08 driver work after restoring my system from time machine/migration assistant (which is necessary from time to time, because apple is making many problems), it only works using this procedure:

1 reduce security settings (needs reboot)
2 reboot
3 install driver 328b
4 reboot and verify it works
5 install driver 408
6 reboot and check if it works
7 reboot to change security setting back to normal
8 potentially reinstall driver 408 when the permit driver dialogue did not show up

it used to be so simple: launch installer, install driver, reboot, done.

can we please have it back like in the old times? thank you.

johnthemiracle wrote:

ok, here is what i have to do to make the new 4.08 driver work after restoring my system from time machine/migration assistant (which is necessary from time to time, because apple is making many problems), it only works using this procedure:

1 reduce security settings (needs reboot)
2 reboot
3 install driver 328b
4 reboot and verify it works
5 install driver 408
6 reboot and check if it works
7 reboot to change security setting back to normal
8 potentially reinstall driver 408 when the permit driver dialogue did not show up

it used to be so simple: launch installer, install driver, reboot, done.

can we please have it back like in the old times? thank you.

To be honest, you'd have to speak to Apple about most of this.

----------------
----------------

no, I am not speaking to Apple, because it is your product and since I assume that you want to offer a straightforward no-frills user experience it is up to you to talk to Apple to fix these problems. thank you.

point 7 ...back to normal
For me it's the opposite !
Disable SIP was about the first thing I did with the new Mac years ago.
It gives me the freedom to install software as I like, like in the good old time.
This way my computer is normal.
And the result is : I can install the RME driver like in the good old time.
Double-click the installer and follow the readme.
And one reboot at the end, no problem.
The driver works as expected. There are no problem to fix.

Where can I download the latest USB driver kit, please?

From here :
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 63#p208363

Pops and glitches with Mac OS Ventura 13.6.1.

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Digiface USB with a Mac Studio M1 Ultra, with 64 GB of RAM and 2TB hardrive.  I'm currently using Total Mix Version 1.83 macOS (1) and getting a lot of glitches on audio playback when playing YouTube videos via Safari with.  They seem to worsen if I move the mouse, whilst playing a video.

Anyone else com across this, is it a common problem and is there a fix?

Thanks

Blayz2002 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Digiface USB with a Mac Studio M1 Ultra, with 64 GB of RAM and 2TB hardrive.  I'm currently using Total Mix Version 1.83 macOS (1) and getting a lot of glitches on audio playback when playing YouTube videos via Safari with.  They seem to worsen if I move the mouse, whilst playing a video.

Thanks

Same thing, MacBook Pro M1 Max, TotalMix Version 1.85 macOS (1) Driver 4.09.
CC mode works fine.

igordp wrote:
Blayz2002 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Same thing, MacBook Pro M1 Max, TotalMix Version 1.85 macOS (1) Driver 4.09.
CC mode works fine.

Thanks for chiming in, I guess it's good to know it's not just my system.  Can anyone from RME comment on this? I'm new here so not sure things work.

Thanks

600 (edited by benpicc 2023-11-28 13:52:32)

hi,

i have a sonoma-updated (OS-full-reinstall from scratch and data coming from a timemachine-backup) M1-macbook here, and installed the latest 4.09-drivers and firmware for my madiface XT. using it (usb) with nuendo 12 and 13, the performance on record is catastrophic; i can't even record a single track @48kHz with a 512-buffer without clicks and dropouts; also see that the performance-meter is behaving in an erratic way, from 5% to full-load-jumps, just with this single track on record and zero plugins.

the very same system has been rocking like a champ on the same mac under monterey (i never installed ventura), never had a single glitch; and i have no clue what to do to troubleshoot all this.
i swapped the different usb-ports, the adapters, and the cables - all to no avail.
everything seems to be authorized correctly, no error pop-ups of any kind; just a miserable and completely unpredictable performance. using another brand at the moment, impossible to do anything with this madiface.
any idea?

thanks in advance!
b.