301 (edited by dany 2021-11-25 07:34:23)

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Hello,
This solution does not work for me, with macOS BigSur 11.6.1

- boot into recovery mode
- open Terminal
- run the kernel extension panic medic boot command by typing:
kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root /Volumes/YOUR_HD_DRIVE_NAME

Are you looking for a solution that works on macOS BigSur 11.6.1 ?
Regards

dany wrote:

Hello,
This solution does not work for me, with macOS BigSur 11.6.1

- boot into recovery mode
- open Terminal
- run the kernel extension panic medic boot command by typing:
kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root /Volumes/YOUR_HD_DRIVE_NAME

Are you looking for a solution that works on macOS BigSur 11.6.1 ?
Regards

Hi Dany,
if you have the possibility to go back to Catalina until there is a new driver version that actually works on all situations then do it, because right now it seems like at RME they believe the problem is yours or Apple and not theirs so they will do nothing.

Those looking for purchasing a new RME sound card now know what they will face if something goes wrong and RME believes is Apple/your fault... you are on your own.

THIS MIGHT WORK FOR SOME:

I did a clean install of Big Sur 11.6.1 on an external SSD drive and installed the driver v3.27 using the trick published on YOUTUBE of a guy trying to install a 2014 drivers of an Apogee Firewire sound card in Big Sur!! and using those tricks at the moment it works, however as this external SSD is not that big (64GB) I can't install everything I have on my iMac to see if it holds.

I did step by step EXACTLY (very important!!) as this guy did so it might work for you after a clean install of your OS which is a huge task I can't afford to do right now with so many projects I am working on to be finished.

Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJtsTes2eo

If you do try this and you succeed or fail, please help others commenting a bit your finds, thank you!

Cheers!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

waedi wrote:
azerosound wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro 16" with M1 Max chip. I also purchased an RME UCX II but after following the instructions to install the driver, changing security options, etc. I still get the warning from Apple “Fireface USB” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." Does anyone know how I can fix this?

This is often the case with many software, Reaper updates for example, at first attempt opening the program this interruption appears and I have to open the system preferences security settings and allow to open the program.
But only once.
The next time I start Reaper it opens without issue.

Also Totalmix and Fireface settings.

Hi Waedi,

It sounds simple in your words but is not, just take a look on how I documented doing step by step with pictures what you and RME say "will work" and it does NOT work.

Only way (probably, not so sure) will be a CLEAN INSTALL of the OS, which is not the way anyone could possibly want to do in order to install a driver update right!!? a real pain in the back!, and that is because at some point RME and Apple are not working together to sort this out properly and the easy way for RME is just doing nothing and to blame Apple.

So NO, that workaround doesn't work all the time and sometimes it looks like it works and then it crashes/stop working again so the driver v327 isn't fully working with Big Sur in all cases.

Cheers!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

kabelton wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the response, but like i said, this workaround does not change the problem, I approved it several times in the security setting, did serveral reinstalls... nothing helped.

When you say it's Apple's fault I hope you are contact with them and they know about that problem... sad

Thanks
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

So sorry to hear that you are like me in the same boat of looking for a solution.

Please take a look at what I posted to Dany to see if that works for you, is an Apogee trick but it might work for you, I am right now running my iMac back on Catalina so I just did it on a clean install on a external SSD but since you are trying stuff on your Big Sur it might work, dunno, you should clean your security settings again, sorry.

Good luck mate!

Cheers!

Hey man!

Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.

Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!

Thanks you!

306 (edited by ramses 2021-11-25 16:56:08)

JRC4558D wrote:

Hey man!

Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.

Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!

Thanks you!

Such misunderstandings should be clarified in a personal e-mail.

I could imagine that after a certain workload, there is simply no other way to manage. It's better to be happy that you get competent support than to be served bullshit by some call centre agent with nice words, which in the end doesn't help you and only costs you time.

In any case, I very much appreciate the fact that one receives very competent support from RME here in the user forum, especially from Mr. Carstens, and that one receives additional very interesting information from him here that one does not learn anywhere else.

That's why I wouldn't complain too loudly. And what about? That he took the time to find you the thread where you can find more information / help ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Quote: “Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.”

With respect, you only have to read the link to appreciate that all necessary words have already been written, and at very considerable length. Your solution, fully provided.

No reasonable person would expect every individual instance of an issue, to be specifically addressed to a singular individual, completely written, all over again and again and again and again and again and again.

Enjoy the link, it’s provided there to help you.

Quote: “Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!”

This is a trusted technical forum providing information and education.

It’s not the public relations department of a large company, a debating chamber for screwball audiophile, theoretical hypothesis, or even a good hang for recording enthusiasts.

Clearly, you have never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Carstens, who is an extremely amiable and incredibly helpful person, providing instant solutions to multitudinous problems every day, despite being incredibly busy personally.

I note the poster hails from the Netherlands where ironically it is a cherished national characteristic to appreciate getting directly to the point as fast as humanly possible.

I used to have to fly into Schiphol, spend the night in a five-star hotel, then travel to Hilversum where the TV Network Studios are located, to play the guitar and appear on Dutch T.V. Shows, years ago. 

Following a meeting with Dutch producer Freddie Hayaan, a close friend and colleague of mine, worked with him in the Netherlands. A great session player, he was asked to play at the Dutch version of the English Royal Variety Show. 

Following a highly successful show, and being friends with so many top musicians he had a bit too much to drink and eventually could hardly stand up. Then, he learnt he had to meet the Princess and what followed, was truly like something out of the Mr. Bean comedy where he meets Royalty.

Later he became the Head of Artist Recruitment and Development at EMI Netherlands (Bovema). He discovered the Dutch version of Cliff Richard, and put together an ace group of Dutch session musicians to make hit recordings with. The rhythm section featured Pierre van der Linden, Bert Ruiter and Jan Akkerman,

The three of them later added an organist and became the group Focus, who had a huge world-wide hit with “Sylvia”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznS7X9BOxs

Studios then were hit making factories, time was money, providing what was needed as quickly as possible, the mark of professionalism.

I wish every problem in the recording world, let alone life's greater problems, could be solved with such a simple link!

Thankfully, I trust the issue you have been grappling with, indeed can be.

And wish you every success with your recordings.

ramses wrote:

Such misunderstandings should be clarified in a personal e-mail.

I could imagine that after a certain workload, there is simply no other way to manage. It's better to be happy that you get competent support than to be served bullshit by some call centre agent with nice words, which in the end doesn't help you and only costs you time.

In any case, I very much appreciate the fact that one receives very competent support from RME here in the user forum, especially from Mr. Carstens, and that one receives additional very interesting information from him here that one does not learn anywhere else.

That's why I wouldn't complain too loudly. And what about? That he took the time to find you the thread where you can find more information / help ?

Hey Ramses,

Whatever you think man but he didn't "took the time to write an useful aswer" just copy/pasted a not solving a thing link that he just copy/pasted countless times when users have this same trouble once and again, and at the end it is his job as support, right?

Nevertheless I am having troubles with a RME product and to me it is important having support which I haven't bytheway but also to have some interaction with a person with manners as we ultimately are human beings not machines.

I am in forums of audio and electronics for several years and lately I am seeing a lot of this disrespectful way to speak to each other which I disagree with. I believe I have the right to express it equally as people have their right to write like that despite it is not polite.

Companies are always looking for ways to improve right? if you say nothing then nothing changes.

Lack of time doesn't mean you can even write a simple line, and it makes a huge difference.

Cheers.

309 (edited by JRC4558D 2021-11-25 19:46:42)

CrispyChips wrote:

Quote: “Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.”

With respect, you only have to read the link to appreciate that all necessary words have already been written, and at very considerable length. Your solution, fully provided.

No reasonable person would expect every individual instance of an issue, to be specifically addressed to a singular individual, completely written, all over again and again and again and again and again and again.

Enjoy the link, it’s provided there to help you.

Quote: “Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!”

This is a trusted technical forum providing information and education.

It’s not the public relations department of a large company, a debating chamber for screwball audiophile, theoretical hypothesis, or even a good hang for recording enthusiasts.

Clearly, you have never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Carstens, who is an extremely amiable and incredibly helpful person, providing instant solutions to multitudinous problems every day, despite being incredibly busy personally.

I note the poster hails from the Netherlands where ironically it is a cherished national characteristic to appreciate getting directly to the point as fast as humanly possible.

I used to have to fly into Schiphol, spend the night in a five-star hotel, then travel to Hilversum where the TV Network Studios are located, to play the guitar and appear on Dutch T.V. Shows, years ago. 

Following a meeting with Dutch producer Freddie Hayaan, a close friend and colleague of mine, worked with him in the Netherlands. A great session player, he was asked to play at the Dutch version of the English Royal Variety Show. 

Following a highly successful show, and being friends with so many top musicians he had a bit too much to drink and eventually could hardly stand up. Then, he learnt he had to meet the Princess and what followed, was truly like something out of the Mr. Bean comedy where he meets Royalty.

Later he became the Head of Artist Recruitment and Development at EMI Netherlands (Bovema). He discovered the Dutch version of Cliff Richard, and put together an ace group of Dutch session musicians to make hit recordings with. The rhythm section featured Pierre van der Linden, Bert Ruiter and Jan Akkerman,

The three of them later added an organist and became the group Focus, who had a huge world-wide hit with “Sylvia”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznS7X9BOxs

Studios then were hit making factories, time was money, providing what was needed as quickly as possible, the mark of professionalism.

I wish every problem in the recording world, let alone life's greater problems, could be solved with such a simple link!

Thankfully, I trust the issue you have been grappling with, indeed can be.

And wish you every success with your recordings.

Hi man!

Wow what a story!

As I said to Ramses I just expressed myself, not to start a fight, just to make a point.

I didn't have an answer yet about that however what really concerns me is that mi RME Fireface UFX+ will not work if I just upgrade to Big Sur, I need to do a CLEAN INSTALL which is pretty inconvenient, specially if you are not 100% assured it will work once you have everthing installed which in my case is a lot. That being said, a polite answer makes things better.

Thanks for your whishes mate! I hope you too!

Cheers!

310 (edited by seersound 2021-11-25 19:57:05)

Ok ive had a breakthroug and its all sorted by the looks of it...

So for my UFX II,  I first inserted the USB A to C adapter cable into the mac without the interface attached and then I plug the interface in and Voila! works every-time!

Basic shit! I had a feeling the issue lay in the adapter and yeah...wish I had experimented with it like a week ago but great its working allright so far.

Just purchased the New MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max.

"Fireface USB Driver can't be installed on this disk.
This driver package can not be installed on newer macOS."

RME?

Windymind wrote:

RME?

I don't have a solution (nor an M1), but what RME interface, firmware version and driver version are we talking about here?

breun wrote:
Windymind wrote:

RME?

I don't have a solution (nor an M1), but what RME interface, firmware version and driver version are we talking about here?

From another thread: "I'm excited! I just got a RME FF 802. I have a MacBookPro running Catalina 10.15.7"

@Windymind: please be so kind and put this information into your forum signature, then this important information is visible to everybody should you forget to mention it, thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

So he runs 11.x or 12.x now and did not download the M1 driver package...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Has anyone else experienced this:
I'm on M1 13" Macbook, Big Sur 11.6.1, Logic 10.7.1 and RME Babyface with latest driver.

In Logic, if I change my Interface from internal to babyface I sometimes get no audio and no plugins work...I get no plugins displayed. Restarting Logic helps, but the same thing happens if I change the interface again.
Switching from Babyface to internal triggers the reload of audio core?, but the other way around it doesn't. Afterwards the no audio no plugin problem...

Same happened with Apogee Duet and Focusrite Red 4 Pre, but even worse. With Focusrite restarting Logic didn't help, I had to restart the laptop.
Any ideas?

You can try to bundle all your interfaces into one agregate device and let them all connected.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks, sorry for not explaining correctly, but I don't use them together. I just noticed that there seems to be a problem with my audio interfaces and Logic which has not been there with my intel machine.

318 (edited by grandpaface 2021-12-06 18:20:07)

Hi

Is 3.27 an official stable version for the Babyface Pro ? I'm running logic pro on a M1 Pro Macbook pro 16 inch, and i get random crackles that turn into feedback, random midi notes hanging, random plugins crash, random cpu spikes.... and i don't seem to get them if i only use the internal soundcard of the macbook. I've tried the babyface in clash compliant mode, same issue. Firmware is latest v198

Monterey with latest everything, using the M1 native version with M1 plugins only. Right now i just can't work with the babyface pro...

Thanks

grandpaface wrote:

Is 3.27 an official stable version for the Babyface Pro ?

It is offered as such on https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads.html, so yes.

grandpaface wrote:

I'm running logic pro on a M1 Pro Macbook pro 16 inch, and i get random crackles that turn into feedback, random midi notes hanging, random plugins crash, random cpu spikes.... and i don't seem to get them if i only use the internal soundcard of the macbook. I've tried the babyface in clash compliant mode, same issue.

In class compliant mode I don't believe the RME driver is used, so if you also have your issues in class compliant mode, I don't think the RME driver will be the source of your issues.

Do you have the Babyface Pro connected directly to the laptop or do you use a USB hub?
Can you verify that this Babyface Pro works ok with another computer (non-M1, maybe even non-Mac?)?
Have you ever used this Babyface Pro on this M1 machine without these issues?

I use a Babyface Pro with the 3.27 driver on Monterey myself, and that works just fine, but I have an Intel Mac.

320 (edited by grandpaface 2021-12-07 11:54:57)

Thanks for your answer.

I did some tests, and got the same issues with another soundcard (my rode ntg mic usb soundcard), so it doesn't seem driver related.

The issue i get the most is playback randomly restarting at the beginning of the current looped section.  I did more test and noticed this issue only happened once so far in rosetta mode, while it happens a LOT in M1 native mode.

Nothing else is plugged to my laptop, only the soundcard. I'm using a USB A to USB C adapter, this one : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B081S2 … &psc=1
If i use the internal soundcard of the macbook, i get no issues. Same if use my Philips display's audio output (connected through displayport using a usb hub)

I'm gonna post this on another forum since RME doesn't seem to be at fault.

Thanks

Just reporting i've tested extensively with another well known and super popular soundcard from another brand and i don't get the issue i have with the babyface pro. Very weird.

Same issue here. Using a MacPro 2013 6,1 that was previously on OS X 11.4. I have an aggregated setup with a UFX+ and BabyFace Pro FS. I did some troubleshooting w/o going through the Terminal in Recovery Mode. I simply updated to 11.6 and reinstalled the driver along with firmware updates. I'm avoiding Monterrey for now, so I do not have any experience with that version of OS X.

Third-party software triggered this problem as I installed BlackMagic Desktop Video. After installation, both TotalMix failed to launch and my interfaces were no longer recognized. After a full day of trying to figure out what the issue is, recalling Time Machine backups, re-installing the driver over and over, firmware updates, etc., I finally have both interfaces launching after restarting.

323 (edited by kabelton 2021-12-19 11:47:00)

Update after updating to 11.6.2:

My ufx+ will not recognized after booting, but if I unplug it and put it back in it will be recognized. So, it is an improvement, but please RME, give us a fix for this stupid bug.

Thanks

You should try 12.1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What? You recommend an update to a newly introduced OS? Nobody should update to 12.1 when working professionally with that machine. Please tell me you a working on a fix for Big Sur. Btw. I am customer for over 20 years with lots of RME interfaces, and one of your biggest selling points were your drivers and support… and now I only can use my interface if I am climbing behind my rack for pulling the cable. sad

326 (edited by superdrive 2021-12-22 21:29:09)

@kabelton

Mac USB driver 3.27 works perfectly on M1 with 11.6.2. (UFX+ and Babyface Pro FS)

So what you are experiencing is not the driver issue.

Also I have another computer with 12.1 (21C52) and the RME driver is rock solid. I personally found Monterey even more stable than Big Sur.

And yes, I am probably a professional. smile

Is there a way you could release drivers for the new M1 MacBook Pros where I don't have to reduce the security settings? When I reduce the security settings my Apple Pay stops working on the computer because it says I am not running at the recommended security settings.

Never heard of that before. That said yes, next year will see new Mac drivers that no longer require to enter recovery mode and reduce security. Apple has paved the way for that and we have those drivers running for some time in-house. But Corona and chip crisis prevented us from finalizing them for release so far.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

329 (edited by Bernard 2021-12-23 21:49:23)

A quick question... What is the latest version of the Babyface Pro FS "Flash Update" ? I see that there's a version with a recent release date on the downloads page, but it doesn't say what version it is. Thanks. SOLVED

Macbook Air M1, 16G Ram, 1TB SSD. Rme Babyface Pro FS. KRK Rockit 5. And a bunch of guitars.

?? Because it works for you does not mean there is no problem with this driver, I am not the only one having this issue.

superdrive wrote:

@kabelton

Mac USB driver 3.27 works perfectly on M1 with 11.6.2. (UFX+ and Babyface Pro FS)

So what you are experiencing is not the driver issue.

Also I have another computer with 12.1 (21C52) and the RME driver is rock solid. I personally found Monterey even more stable than Big Sur.

And yes, I am probably a professional. smile

331 (edited by abhayap 2021-12-23 18:35:02)

MC wrote:

Never heard of that before. That said yes, next year will see new Mac drivers that no longer require to enter recovery mode and reduce security. Apple has paved the way for that and we have those drivers running for some time in-house. But Corona and chip crisis prevented us from finalizing them for release so far.

That would be great. Thanks! Here is the error message when you go into system preferences:
https://ibb.co/DMJV2Kg

Is anyone able to provide Babyface Pro FS latency figures for M1 Max chips? Especially at 48khz 32 buffer size.

333 (edited by cyrano 2021-12-28 19:02:05)

abhayap wrote:

Here is the error message when you go into system preferences:

That might be because of some other confusion in your Apple account. I'm not sure why/when it happens, but I think having two of the same devices triggers it. Well, that and some hubs are what I've seen on impacted accounts.

The recommended solution was reinstalling Macos. Both users refused that as a solution and were happy to carry on without Apple Pay :-)

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

After trying all the tricks I found here, mostly shared by very generous people, I couldn’t get my MacMini M1 with Big Sur 11.6.2 working correctly with Firewire with my RME Fireface UCX using the latest drivers (3.41) and firmware (344/27/7).
The issues I found were that the RME appeared often disconnected from the Audio Midi setup, and I had to reconnect again all MIDI connections, and when working under MainStage the MIDI commands worked 1/2 the time.

I believe it is most probably that other M1 drives I may have installed (that came to help connecting my Boss SY-1000, or some plugin from Native Instruments) may have conflicted with the MIDI configuration

I never had any issues with my UCX until right now, and can’t deny that this is pretty frustrating as it required mega-hours to debug. The part that moves from pain to unbearable pain is the criminal way backups are now handled by Apple’s systems…. I discovered through all this that there is no easy way to go back to where things where since Big Sur was launched…. I just wanted to go back to 11.6 (instead of 11.6.2) and the hard drive/OS is “undowngradable”…….I tried all other combinations avoiding to erase my drive and they are none. I feel I am back in Windows 3.11, so thanks Tim for this renewed urge I have to throw this computer out the window…..

IF ever you hit this problem and you want your Mac to be back, you have to do this hacking steps. It took me a while to gather all the elements, but I hope this helps some of you. This is assuming you back your system once a while with a Time Machine:

1) Go to https://www.winytips.com/macos-11-downl … installer/ and download the OS you are looking for. It will link you to an Apple site where they keep most of these images available. For some ridiculous reason you will not find this in any apple support site, probably because they want to force you to install their latest Monterey OS at all costs
2) Run the package in your current Mac, it will install a “Install Big Sur” (or whatever the OS you have selected) in the Applications menu
3) Get yourself a larger-than-16-GB USB drive handy
4) Watch / follow this amazing tutorial to get your USB boot with the Big Sur installation https://youtu.be/TDUYiMIT4jM. Towards the end, your option would be to actually erase your Macintosh HD drive and install the older OS on it. Just in case, get a usb keyboard as I had difficulties getting my bluetooth drive to connect. Mouse had no issues
5) During the fresh OS startup, connect your time machine backup and select a date from when you had things running the way you wanted.

I am currently during this installation, will report later if all goes back to normal, but here is where I am so far. I hope this helps.

Why torturing yourself try to do some impossible things ?
Can M1 Macs run macOS Catalina or older?
Sadly, the answer to this question is no. While Big Sur is able to run on both Intel and M1 chips, none of the previous versions of macOS are compatible with Apple's new processors.

And furthermore firewire is out of the game for long time.
Having an USB-interface and a modern computer with USB connection, why not connect USB ?

Well, I have forever trusted firewire 1000 times more than USB, but perhaps that’s because I am getting old. Had too many issues with USB to the point I was liberated by Firewire. ….. I already had a functional system working perfectly well with firewire (yes with the two adapters to connect to USB-C, is all USB anyway, I know).

I did not want to go to Catalina. I just wanted to roll back the OS to the previous version and/or get back to an earlier version of my system… that was an easy thing to do in earlier Mac versions, and the original promise of the Time Machine. This weird process just to go roll back an update is new to me.

I should spend time simplifying this setup perhaps…..

Ah I see. FW was a successor over USB that time but today USB is solid.
You don't need to spend any time to optimize your system. just install the USB driver and use it.
You will be happy !

gustavo wrote:

I already had a functional system working perfectly well with firewire (yes with the two adapters to connect to USB-C, is all USB anyway, I know).

I guess you use a FireWire-to-Thunderbolt 2 adapter and a Thunderbolt 2-to-3 adapter? Thunderbolt 3 uses a USB-C connector, but otherwise there is no USB protocol going on in that chain.

breun wrote:
gustavo wrote:

I already had a functional system working perfectly well with firewire (yes with the two adapters to connect to USB-C, is all USB anyway, I know).

I guess you use a FireWire-to-Thunderbolt 2 adapter and a Thunderbolt 2-to-3 adapter? Thunderbolt 3 uses a USB-C connector, but otherwise there is no USB protocol going on in that chain.

Yes, I have these adapters, and couldn’t know protocol-wise what was really going on so thank you for the clarification; now thinking more clearly, if it was running USB protocols it would defeat the whole purpose of even having a FW option. I was ultra tired yesterday.
The thing is I brought my M1 mac to the original 11.6 and it works perfectly, as a charm….. I have to suspect there is something going on in the updates that is creating all this mayhem as - apparently I am not the only one with these sort of issues as per the many entries in this forum - the OS may have changed something that makes MIDI over FW highly unstable.

The most complicated thing yesterday, believe or not, was to connect the f%*(& mouse as the refreshed version had trouble finding it…. All help in the whole internet explains how to disconnect and reconnect your Bluetooth mouse “using a mouse!!!!!”.

340 (edited by abhayap 2022-01-15 00:47:58)

cyrano wrote:
abhayap wrote:

Here is the error message when you go into system preferences:

That might be because of some other confusion in your Apple account. I'm not sure why/when it happens, but I think having two of the same devices triggers it. Well, that and some hubs are what I've seen on impacted accounts.

The recommended solution was reinstalling Macos. Both users refused that as a solution and were happy to carry on without Apple Pay :-)

When I turn the security back to the default/recommended settings Apple Pay works again. So I have to choose between Apple Pay working on my Mac and using my RME. I would prefer both to be working as I find both of them very useful.

Hi MC

I just got a new MB Pro 2021 M1 Max Monterey as an upgrade to my Catalina Intel Mac and followed ALL the tips in the threads including panic reset, adding the authorized source, etc. but unfortunately the UFX+ is not recognised in my new system. Needless to say this is a huge issue.

Where do you stand on providing a driver solution?

I bought RME knowing how good the driver support is, but now I am a bit worried given Monterey and M1 aren't exactly new ... and one shouldn't need to do adventerous command line things to use a product.

Many thanks for letting the me (us) know.
Paul

Any update on this?

I run UAD hardware without issues on my M1 Max Monterey - pls. get this driver mess sorted. For such a high-end interface it should be install and run!

Pls. provide an update by when this will be working again.

Thank you
Paul

Today I installed the most recent USB driver on my 14" MacBook Pro M1Pro. After installing I plugged the running Fireface UCX and it wasn't detected. I then turned the fireface off and turned it on again while connected - and then it was detected. I tested it a couple of times and the fireface is only detected when it is turned on while connected. Also, I can't run it on bus power, only with power supply.

On my older Intel MacBook I can connect and disconnect the running fireface and it is detected. Also I can run it with bus power without power supply - is this different with the new apple computers?

Nuendo 12.0.40, RME Madiface XT, MacMini 2018, 3.2ghz 6 core i7, 32gb ram, Monterey 12.5.

344 (edited by breun 2022-01-22 01:15:18)

decurion99 wrote:

Any update on this?

I run UAD hardware without issues on my M1 Max Monterey - pls. get this driver mess sorted. For such a high-end interface it should be install and run!

Pls. provide an update by when this will be working again.

Thank you
Paul

I don't have an M1 or UFX+ myself, but the RME driver download page provides a driver for the UFX+ for macOS 11/12 on M1, so apparently this is a supported setup. I recommend contacting RME Support if you encounter issues with your particular setup.

I spoke to support they were able to solve it via Teamviewer. Fantastic, thanks RME.

Is it possible to go back to full security on a Macboock AIr M1 Monterey after installing the drivers and verified that they work?
I have both Fireface 800 and UCX working, but after going back to full security Totelmix will not start.
I have verified by this:
/usr/sbin/spctl kext-consent list
Allowed Team Identifiers:
67AK2U2X7M

No, that is not possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

348 (edited by mtz 2022-02-09 12:28:12)

Hi there, I have a problem with my Fireface UC on a MBP M1 2021 with Monterey. It worked nicely for weeks and months but suddenly I do not get audio in and out.

It seems the Fireface is recognized by the system, at least the interface is both shown in apps and and the system volume controls, but when I switch output to the Fireface some apps just mute, others even crash. It is also shown in the system_profiler on command line. Strangely enough it is called "Fireface UC Win (12345678)" but I cannont remember the "Win" being part in the Interface name from the many years i had been successfully using the interface.

I tried reinstalling the driver with all the security measures and all the hints on this forum. I did the trigger-panic-medic - reset. The kext seems loaded, the Team Identifier is set.

Do you have any other ideas? I badly need the interface for my work. Do not want to buy another one.

Thanks and greetings to all of you,

mtz

349 (edited by mtz 2022-02-09 14:07:14)

Well, it worked out much more easily than i ever thought. The UC was in PC mode, I had to switch it back to Apple-Mode. Thanks to the mail-support! It literally took 2 seconds solving a problem that costed hours and hours. Sometimes life is much less complicated that you think. Maybe RME can consider advertising this basic information about the different modes more prominently here..

Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS5-_kpizTE

I have an RME fireface 802 USB on a windows PC in my studio. RME of course runs great, no issues except the PC is very old and I have migrated to an M1 macbook pro laptop 16 inch which is running the newest version of Monterey.

I don't want the MBpro always connected to my studio so I just want to have a USB to USBc adapter on the end of the RME cable and plug in when needed. Pretty typical I think.

Not sure how stable this solution is though since I see posts in here where things are not working well. Is there a walk thru for this? I see there is a flash update available and then drivers as well. It would be huge to get this working nice and smoothly and not need to get a new interface.