301 (edited by dany 2021-11-25 08:34:23)

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Hello,
This solution does not work for me, with macOS BigSur 11.6.1

- boot into recovery mode
- open Terminal
- run the kernel extension panic medic boot command by typing:
kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root /Volumes/YOUR_HD_DRIVE_NAME

Are you looking for a solution that works on macOS BigSur 11.6.1 ?
Regards

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

dany wrote:

Hello,
This solution does not work for me, with macOS BigSur 11.6.1

- boot into recovery mode
- open Terminal
- run the kernel extension panic medic boot command by typing:
kmutil trigger-panic-medic --volume-root /Volumes/YOUR_HD_DRIVE_NAME

Are you looking for a solution that works on macOS BigSur 11.6.1 ?
Regards

Hi Dany,
if you have the possibility to go back to Catalina until there is a new driver version that actually works on all situations then do it, because right now it seems like at RME they believe the problem is yours or Apple and not theirs so they will do nothing.

Those looking for purchasing a new RME sound card now know what they will face if something goes wrong and RME believes is Apple/your fault... you are on your own.

THIS MIGHT WORK FOR SOME:

I did a clean install of Big Sur 11.6.1 on an external SSD drive and installed the driver v3.27 using the trick published on YOUTUBE of a guy trying to install a 2014 drivers of an Apogee Firewire sound card in Big Sur!! and using those tricks at the moment it works, however as this external SSD is not that big (64GB) I can't install everything I have on my iMac to see if it holds.

I did step by step EXACTLY (very important!!) as this guy did so it might work for you after a clean install of your OS which is a huge task I can't afford to do right now with so many projects I am working on to be finished.

Check him out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJtsTes2eo

If you do try this and you succeed or fail, please help others commenting a bit your finds, thank you!

Cheers!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

waedi wrote:
azerosound wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro 16" with M1 Max chip. I also purchased an RME UCX II but after following the instructions to install the driver, changing security options, etc. I still get the warning from Apple “Fireface USB” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." Does anyone know how I can fix this?

This is often the case with many software, Reaper updates for example, at first attempt opening the program this interruption appears and I have to open the system preferences security settings and allow to open the program.
But only once.
The next time I start Reaper it opens without issue.

Also Totalmix and Fireface settings.

Hi Waedi,

It sounds simple in your words but is not, just take a look on how I documented doing step by step with pictures what you and RME say "will work" and it does NOT work.

Only way (probably, not so sure) will be a CLEAN INSTALL of the OS, which is not the way anyone could possibly want to do in order to install a driver update right!!? a real pain in the back!, and that is because at some point RME and Apple are not working together to sort this out properly and the easy way for RME is just doing nothing and to blame Apple.

So NO, that workaround doesn't work all the time and sometimes it looks like it works and then it crashes/stop working again so the driver v327 isn't fully working with Big Sur in all cases.

Cheers!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

kabelton wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the response, but like i said, this workaround does not change the problem, I approved it several times in the security setting, did serveral reinstalls... nothing helped.

When you say it's Apple's fault I hope you are contact with them and they know about that problem... sad


Thanks
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

So sorry to hear that you are like me in the same boat of looking for a solution.

Please take a look at what I posted to Dany to see if that works for you, is an Apogee trick but it might work for you, I am right now running my iMac back on Catalina so I just did it on a clean install on a external SSD but since you are trying stuff on your Big Sur it might work, dunno, you should clean your security settings again, sorry.

Good luck mate!

Cheers!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Hey man!

Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.

Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!

Thanks you!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

306 (edited by ramses 2021-11-25 17:56:08)

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

JRC4558D wrote:

Hey man!

Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.

Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!

Thanks you!

Such misunderstandings should be clarified in a personal e-mail.

I could imagine that after a certain workload, there is simply no other way to manage. It's better to be happy that you get competent support than to be served bullshit by some call centre agent with nice words, which in the end doesn't help you and only costs you time.

In any case, I very much appreciate the fact that one receives very competent support from RME here in the user forum, especially from Mr. Carstens, and that one receives additional very interesting information from him here that one does not learn anywhere else.

That's why I wouldn't complain too loudly. And what about? That he took the time to find you the thread where you can find more information / help ?

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro21H2, Cub10Pro, UFX+, XTC, 12Mic, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Quote: “Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.”


With respect, you only have to read the link to appreciate that all necessary words have already been written, and at very considerable length. Your solution, fully provided.

No reasonable person would expect every individual instance of an issue, to be specifically addressed to a singular individual, completely written, all over again and again and again and again and again and again.

Enjoy the link, it’s provided there to help you.


Quote: “Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!”


This is a trusted technical forum providing information and education.

It’s not the public relations department of a large company, a debating chamber for screwball audiophile, theoretical hypothesis, or even a good hang for recording enthusiasts.

Clearly, you have never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Carstens, who is an extremely amiable and incredibly helpful person, providing instant solutions to multitudinous problems every day, despite being incredibly busy personally.


I note the poster hails from the Netherlands where ironically it is a cherished national characteristic to appreciate getting directly to the point as fast as humanly possible.

I used to have to fly into Schiphol, spend the night in a five-star hotel, then travel to Hilversum where the TV Network Studios are located, to play the guitar and appear on Dutch T.V. Shows, years ago. 

Following a meeting with Dutch producer Freddie Hayaan, a close friend and colleague of mine, worked with him in the Netherlands. A great session player, he was asked to play at the Dutch version of the English Royal Variety Show. 

Following a highly successful show, and being friends with so many top musicians he had a bit too much to drink and eventually could hardly stand up. Then, he learnt he had to meet the Princess and what followed, was truly like something out of the Mr. Bean comedy where he meets Royalty.

Later he became the Head of Artist Recruitment and Development at EMI Netherlands (Bovema). He discovered the Dutch version of Cliff Richard, and put together an ace group of Dutch session musicians to make hit recordings with. The rhythm section featured Pierre van der Linden, Bert Ruiter and Jan Akkerman,

The three of them later added an organist and became the group Focus, who had a huge world-wide hit with “Sylvia”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznS7X9BOxs


Studios then were hit making factories, time was money, providing what was needed as quickly as possible, the mark of professionalism.

I wish every problem in the recording world, let alone life's greater problems, could be solved with such a simple link!

Thankfully, I trust the issue you have been grappling with, indeed can be.

And wish you every success with your recordings.

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

ramses wrote:

Such misunderstandings should be clarified in a personal e-mail.

I could imagine that after a certain workload, there is simply no other way to manage. It's better to be happy that you get competent support than to be served bullshit by some call centre agent with nice words, which in the end doesn't help you and only costs you time.

In any case, I very much appreciate the fact that one receives very competent support from RME here in the user forum, especially from Mr. Carstens, and that one receives additional very interesting information from him here that one does not learn anywhere else.

That's why I wouldn't complain too loudly. And what about? That he took the time to find you the thread where you can find more information / help ?

Hey Ramses,

Whatever you think man but he didn't "took the time to write an useful aswer" just copy/pasted a not solving a thing link that he just copy/pasted countless times when users have this same trouble once and again, and at the end it is his job as support, right?

Nevertheless I am having troubles with a RME product and to me it is important having support which I haven't bytheway but also to have some interaction with a person with manners as we ultimately are human beings not machines.

I am in forums of audio and electronics for several years and lately I am seeing a lot of this disrespectful way to speak to each other which I disagree with. I believe I have the right to express it equally as people have their right to write like that despite it is not polite.

Companies are always looking for ways to improve right? if you say nothing then nothing changes.

Lack of time doesn't mean you can even write a simple line, and it makes a huge difference.

Cheers.

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

309 (edited by JRC4558D 2021-11-25 20:46:42)

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

CrispyChips wrote:

Quote: “Why you do reply like this? with just a link and not a single word.”


With respect, you only have to read the link to appreciate that all necessary words have already been written, and at very considerable length. Your solution, fully provided.

No reasonable person would expect every individual instance of an issue, to be specifically addressed to a singular individual, completely written, all over again and again and again and again and again and again.

Enjoy the link, it’s provided there to help you.


Quote: “Nobody taught you any manners? you are the face of a company, please show some respect/empathy to your customers!”


This is a trusted technical forum providing information and education.

It’s not the public relations department of a large company, a debating chamber for screwball audiophile, theoretical hypothesis, or even a good hang for recording enthusiasts.

Clearly, you have never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Carstens, who is an extremely amiable and incredibly helpful person, providing instant solutions to multitudinous problems every day, despite being incredibly busy personally.


I note the poster hails from the Netherlands where ironically it is a cherished national characteristic to appreciate getting directly to the point as fast as humanly possible.

I used to have to fly into Schiphol, spend the night in a five-star hotel, then travel to Hilversum where the TV Network Studios are located, to play the guitar and appear on Dutch T.V. Shows, years ago. 

Following a meeting with Dutch producer Freddie Hayaan, a close friend and colleague of mine, worked with him in the Netherlands. A great session player, he was asked to play at the Dutch version of the English Royal Variety Show. 

Following a highly successful show, and being friends with so many top musicians he had a bit too much to drink and eventually could hardly stand up. Then, he learnt he had to meet the Princess and what followed, was truly like something out of the Mr. Bean comedy where he meets Royalty.

Later he became the Head of Artist Recruitment and Development at EMI Netherlands (Bovema). He discovered the Dutch version of Cliff Richard, and put together an ace group of Dutch session musicians to make hit recordings with. The rhythm section featured Pierre van der Linden, Bert Ruiter and Jan Akkerman,

The three of them later added an organist and became the group Focus, who had a huge world-wide hit with “Sylvia”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OznS7X9BOxs


Studios then were hit making factories, time was money, providing what was needed as quickly as possible, the mark of professionalism.

I wish every problem in the recording world, let alone life's greater problems, could be solved with such a simple link!

Thankfully, I trust the issue you have been grappling with, indeed can be.

And wish you every success with your recordings.

Hi man!

Wow what a story!

As I said to Ramses I just expressed myself, not to start a fight, just to make a point.

I didn't have an answer yet about that however what really concerns me is that mi RME Fireface UFX+ will not work if I just upgrade to Big Sur, I need to do a CLEAN INSTALL which is pretty inconvenient, specially if you are not 100% assured it will work once you have everthing installed which in my case is a lot. That being said, a polite answer makes things better.

Thanks for your whishes mate! I hope you too!

Cheers!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

310 (edited by seersound 2021-11-25 20:57:05)

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Ok ive had a breakthroug and its all sorted by the looks of it...

So for my UFX II,  I first inserted the USB A to C adapter cable into the mac without the interface attached and then I plug the interface in and Voila! works every-time!

Basic shit! I had a feeling the issue lay in the adapter and yeah...wish I had experimented with it like a week ago but great its working allright so far.

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Just purchased the New MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max.

"Fireface USB Driver can't be installed on this disk.
This driver package can not be installed on newer macOS."

RME?

312

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Windymind wrote:

Just purchased the New MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max.

"Fireface USB Driver can't be installed on this disk.
This driver package can not be installed on newer macOS."

RME?

I don't have a solution (nor an M1), but what RME interface, firmware version and driver version are we talking about here?

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

breun wrote:
Windymind wrote:

Just purchased the New MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max.

"Fireface USB Driver can't be installed on this disk.
This driver package can not be installed on newer macOS."

RME?

I don't have a solution (nor an M1), but what RME interface, firmware version and driver version are we talking about here?

From another thread: "I'm excited! I just got a RME FF 802. I have a MacBookPro running Catalina 10.15.7"

@Windymind: please be so kind and put this information into your forum signature, then this important information is visible to everybody should you forget to mention it, thanks.

BR
Ramses
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro21H2, Cub10Pro, UFX+, XTC, 12Mic, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT

314

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

So he runs 11.x or 12.x now and did not download the M1 driver package...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

315

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Has anyone else experienced this:
I'm on M1 13" Macbook, Big Sur 11.6.1, Logic 10.7.1 and RME Babyface with latest driver.

In Logic, if I change my Interface from internal to babyface I sometimes get no audio and no plugins work...I get no plugins displayed. Restarting Logic helps, but the same thing happens if I change the interface again.
Switching from Babyface to internal triggers the reload of audio core?, but the other way around it doesn't. Afterwards the no audio no plugin problem...

Same happened with Apogee Duet and Focusrite Red 4 Pre, but even worse. With Focusrite restarting Logic didn't help, I had to restart the laptop.
Any ideas?

316

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

You can try to bundle all your interfaces into one agregate device and let them all connected.

M1-Monterey, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver

317

Re: Mac USB driver for macOS 11 & Apple Silicon hardware

Thanks, sorry for not explaining correctly, but I don't use them together. I just noticed that there seems to be a problem with my audio interfaces and Logic which has not been there with my intel machine.