Topic: TotalMix keyboard shortcuts for switching snapshots etc?

Are there any keyboard shortcuts for switching snapshots and toggling basic control room functions (talkback, etc)?

Re: TotalMix keyboard shortcuts for switching snapshots etc?

TotalMix FX, Options, ARC and Key Command Settings. Further TM FX hotkeys are described in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

TotalMix FX, Options, ARC and Key Command Settings. Further TM FX hotkeys are described in the manual.

Cool thanks. Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I don't have my UFX with me ATM (it's been in China since February because of Covid-19 and I still don't know when I'll be able to go back to get it so I'm probably getting a new one and sell the old one later), otherwise I would have checked through the Totalmix FX menus.

I checked the manual earlier and couldn't find the relevant info, but just now I did, it say:

ARC & Key Commands. Opens a window to configure the programmable buttons of the Standard, Advanced and Advanced Remote USB, and of the computer’s keyboard keys F4 to F8.

There are only five hard-coded hotkeys available for users to configure? That's a bit disappointing considering there are, for example, 8 snapshots (not 5) and many other functions that users might want to be able to trigger/toggle from their keyboard. I guess I guess I'll stick to using MIDI instead.

Did you miss chapter 25.9, Hotkeys and Usage? There are some more hotkeys in there.

BTW, I wish you good luck for going back to China soon. I was separated from my family since March and am currently in local quarantine in Bangkok. Hope to see them soon. These are crazy times for most of us.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Did you miss chapter 25.9, Hotkeys and Usage? There are some more hotkeys in there.

Sure, I did notice that section but those shortcuts are hard-coded and didn't do what I wanted. I understand TotalMix was designed to be controlled by MIDI for some good reasons (e.g. the window doesn't need to be focused), so I'll probably end up buying one of those nice and small Novation controllers and use that.

MC wrote:

BTW, I wish you good luck for going back to China soon. I was separated from my family since March and am currently in local quarantine in Bangkok. Hope to see them soon. These are crazy times for most of us.

Likewise! Luckily Spain is my home, and that's where I'm now smile I had worked in China for nearly ten years until February. I returned to Spain to see my parents for a few weeks, like I used to do once every year, and then I was unable to return. Basically I've been forced to start a new life in Spain, and that's OK because I kinda missed home. I'm still renting my apartment in China (luckily it's not expensive) and need to go back just to tie up loose ends, wire my savings over to Spain, rescue a few valuables (including my UFX and my Babyface Pro of course) and leave permanently. Crazy times indeed.

6 (edited by ywshuo 2021-03-01 04:57:53)

TotallMix shortcuts only works when its window is in focus.

Use Keyboard Maestro to send the MIDI to TotalMix with your desired shortcuts. That way you can control TotalMix even it's in background.

Set "Keyboard Maestro" as input ports in Option -> setting -> MIDI, and send note-off signal on note 54-61 for snapshot 1-8.