Topic: Some questions about MADIface XT and MADI.
MADIface XT - Mono Signal is recognized like a stereo.
Hello, I am a student majoring in the keyboard that used MADIface XT for the first time yesterday.
Originally, I find the information directly and solve problems directly, but the MADI products I recently purchased were too difficult to use, so I visited the forum.
I have a lot of questions because I still have a lot to ask.
Coaxial MADI (MADI 3) on the MADIface XT (32-channel) converter is connected with a 75 ohm BNC cable.
(MADIface XT Out -> ANDIAMO XT IN/MADIface XT In -> ANDIAMO XT)
1. MADIface XT was set to 44.1 kHz, and no other settings were touched.
Originally, synthesizer L/R must be entered into TotalMix's input 129/130 to be correct. Input 129/130 enters the same mono signal L on both sides and 131/132 enters the same mono signal R on both sides.
2. I have several synthesizers, and I wanted to record them in multi-track, so I bought the MADIface XT.
Is my use correct?
3. I have a hardware effector unit PCM91 from Lexicon.
Route the synthesizer input 1/2,3/4 from TotalMix to AES/EBU Out on the MADIface XT, and connect PCM91. Is it possible to use PCM91's AES/EBU out like SEND/RETURN if I connect it to the AES/EBU input of MADIface XT and then set AES/EBU to Main in TotalMix?
Please advise me if there is a more efficient way.
3-1. I've got a lot of other analog effectors, and I've been trying to figure out how to use a lot of output and input from the MADIface XT, and I'm thinking of connecting all of them in parallel.
[Example: Input 1/2 (Synth)-Output 1/2 (effector)-Input 3/4 (Effector)]
I'm thinking of using a lot of output and input in this way. Can I use it like this?
4.How do you usually use a lot of output? If you create a 22.2 surround monitoring environment with a studio monitor and provide individual CUE to all performers, isn't there really a lot of output left?
5. All the instruments that I usually use are LINE LEVEL-capable instruments (e.g. synthesizers). So, I entered the CONVERTER without going through MIC PREAMP. Is there a problem if I use them?
6. I heard that there is a function called MIDI Over MADI.
If I can use MIDI, I'd like to connect a few more of my keys and adjust various synthesizers with the master keyboard, is that possible?
7. The main MADI to ANALOG converters are often 32 channels, so wouldn't they be able to use all 64 channels, the maximum bandwidth of MADI?
7-1.MADI used something that looked like DAISY CHAIN in the picture. So, can we use multiple channels just by going from MADIface XT OUT to Converter IN, from Converter OUT to another converter?
I'm sorry I posted too many questions. If there's a problem, I'll delete it right away.