Topic: Fireface800 broken FW800 port.

Hello, I?m in big trouble... I have a broken FW800 port in my FF800. What should I do?. The unit has 2 years. I?m in Spain.

Is it a common problem? I didn?t connect it a lot ... like 25 30 times... I begun to have problems loosing sound and suspected because I saw a red light... desconected and saw the port weird.. a little loose ...tried to put it back to it?s proper position and it dissapeared inside... Not very well constructed if you ask me... A little screw holding the port will solve most of these problems, and being a port designed to be connected and disconected on the fly should be a little better. FW400 seems more solid, but I?m in a MacBook Pro and using FW800 drives...

Please, I?m in a hurry.

regards

Re: Fireface800 broken FW800 port.

...maybe my post is not clear... I need the procedure to have it repaired ASAP.  I can open it myself and see what happened, but don?t want to run in trouble with RME repairs. smile

regards

G

Hi,

You should contact your RME distributor for service.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support.php? … rope#spain

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi gpiccolini,

I am having the same problem just like you mentioned above, did you get your problem fixed? If yes, how much do they charged and what did they do? The FW800 port fall off ( both of them ), and now I can only use my FW400 port. I am wondering if there are any difference between the 800 and 400 port in terms of music production.
Any help will be appreciated.

parquix

Hi.
I didn?t get it fixed.  I had to ship it to Barcelona (I?m in Madrid) and pay for both shipments plus they didn?t want to give me an estimation nor on money or time... It has another FW800 port... It works. I forgot about it, but didn?t liked the service to be honest.
good luck