Topic: Pre-FX spectrum setting

Would it be possible to add a setting to make the spectrum display work with the pre-FX audio, similar to the setting for the horizontal volume meter? I know changes in the spectrum are not quite as extreme visually as for the volume meter, but a reasonable EQ correction for a headphone like the HD800 can easily hit +10 dB in bass and -5 dB in treble. That makes the spectrum look a lot bassier than it actually sounds.

Re: Pre-FX spectrum setting

Still the spectrum represents 100% what you send to the phones. For several reasons Pre-FX Analyzer is not something we like, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by KaiS 2021-12-27 15:01:27)

Doco wrote:

Would it be possible to add a setting to make the spectrum display work with the pre-FX audio, similar to the setting for the horizontal volume meter?

I‘d even vote for the Analyzer to follow the Main Level Meter.
This would offer the biggest consistency and flexibility.

This is how it works on every studio metering unit I ever came across.

No special menu entry necessary IMO.

MC wrote:

Still the spectrum represents 100% what you send to the phones. For several reasons Pre-FX Analyzer is not something we like, sorry.

May I ask what those reasons are? To me as a user, both being able to see what the source sends to the DAC and what the DAC passes on the the power amp/headphones seem like valid uses of the spectrum.