Topic: Pre-FX spectrum setting

Would it be possible to add a setting to make the spectrum display work with the pre-FX audio, similar to the setting for the horizontal volume meter? I know changes in the spectrum are not quite as extreme visually as for the volume meter, but a reasonable EQ correction for a headphone like the HD800 can easily hit +10 dB in bass and -5 dB in treble. That makes the spectrum look a lot bassier than it actually sounds.

Re: Pre-FX spectrum setting

Still the spectrum represents 100% what you send to the phones. For several reasons Pre-FX Analyzer is not something we like, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by KaiS 2021-12-27 15:01:27)

Doco wrote:

Would it be possible to add a setting to make the spectrum display work with the pre-FX audio, similar to the setting for the horizontal volume meter?

Iā€˜d even vote for the Analyzer to follow the Main Level Meter.
This would offer the biggest consistency and flexibility.

This is how it works on every studio metering unit I ever came across.

No special menu entry necessary IMO.

MC wrote:

Still the spectrum represents 100% what you send to the phones. For several reasons Pre-FX Analyzer is not something we like, sorry.

May I ask what those reasons are? To me as a user, both being able to see what the source sends to the DAC and what the DAC passes on the the power amp/headphones seem like valid uses of the spectrum.