Topic: PCI vs PCI express

Is there any performance differences between RME HDSPe PCI Express Card for Multiface II and the regular HDSP PCI version?

I’m going to build a newer system and would like to get at least one more round with my Multifaceted II if possible. Of course PCI is a thing of the past so options are limited unless I get a HDSPe card then I believe I could still use my Multifaceted II

Is anyone using the RME HDSPe PCI express card with Multiface II and Windows 10? Any advice on this setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Re: PCI vs PCI express

I may not be answering your question, but I have just acquired a HDSPe pcie card with digiface - I believe comparable and exchangeable with multiface/multiface ii breakouts.

Works well for me on win10 - but I still have an older system with one pci slot, as I used a 9632 until recently. I bought the pcie for the same reason - future proofing in case of inevitable upgrades.

I have no clue how you want to use an ExpressCard with a 'new system'? Those don't have such. There are no performance differences, it's both PCIe. But there are reports that under latest Windows old notebooks loose the function/reliability of their ExpressCard slots.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is there confusion between laptop expresscards and desktop pci/pcie cards here? I assumed it was about the latter.