Topic: Digiface USB + Focusrite Oktopre MKII

I recently bought the Digiface USB and am trying to set it up with my two Focusrite Oktopre MKII mic preamps.

I am getting no sound but the RME mixer software is picking up the inputs (green bars go up when I play a synth) from the Okto (synth-->Okto-->Digiface).

I have ADAT going out from Okto into Digiface and an ADAT going out from Digiface into the Oktopre. I'm using the outputs on the Oktopre to my monitors. I get the greenlight from the Digiface and the Oktopre does have the "locked" greenlight on too.

I've tried the manual and looking up videos, but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Digiface USB + Focusrite Oktopre MKII

There are many threads in this forum about clock synchronization, can you please have a look?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

There are many threads in this forum about clock synchronization, can you please have a look?

I don't think this is a synchronization issue since the lights are green on the Digiface and the Oktopre.

You would not hear the input signals by default. You have to use TotalMix FX routing - or a DAW app - to patch the inputs to any of the output channels of the RME unit.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

nshapkar wrote:
ramses wrote:

I don't think this is a synchronization issue since the lights are green on the Digiface and the Oktopre.

Just noticed that I didn't read closely enough. Yes, seems to be more like a routing issue.

Submix mode .. Select the HW output .. Move fader up of HW inputs and SW playbacks to create an individual submix of that particular HW output.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by nshapkar 2022-09-09 20:49:58)

ramses wrote:
nshapkar wrote:
ramses wrote:

Just noticed that I didn't read closely enough. Yes, seems to be more like a routing issue.

Submix mode .. Select the HW output .. Move fader up of HW inputs and SW playbacks to create an individual submix of that particular HW output.

Hope that does the trick. I'll try when I get home, thank you. Just to be sure, when you say routing do you mean the physical wiring, or the routing within the mixer software?

routing in TotalMix. Use function > matrix view

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

8 (edited by ramses 2022-09-10 08:50:13)

fieldstu wrote:

routing in TotalMix. Use function > matrix view

I think that submix mode is easier to use.

More information, please see also here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34394

I'm oldskool in approach smile

Excellent explanations in the link mentioned above.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC