Topic: FireFace UCXII Bootloader Error

Hi

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced a Failure in Bootloader RAM error detected 00FF00FF

This unit is like new and is lucky if it gets switched on twice a month.

Gutted as I'm now in the middle of a project.

Also gutted as I've never once had a failure in RME kit I've had in the past. But this isn't looking good.

Apple Mac can see the Fireface and Ive tried to re-flash it which it came back and said was successful. But the unit still freezes and can only be turned off by removing the power.

I also removed everything connected to the FireFace and tried to reboot but its totally unresponsive.

Anyones thoughts would be welcome.

Re: FireFace UCXII Bootloader Error

robertraekeenan wrote:

Hi

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced a Failure in Bootloader RAM error detected 00FF00FF

This unit is like new and is lucky if it gets switched on twice a month.

Gutted as I'm now in the middle of a project.

Also gutted as I've never once had a failure in RME kit I've had in the past. But this isn't looking good.

Apple Mac can see the Fireface and Ive tried to re-flash it which it came back and said was successful. But the unit still freezes and can only be turned off by removing the power.

I also removed everything connected to the FireFace and tried to reboot but its totally unresponsive.

Anyones thoughts would be welcome.

This is known to happen with some UCX II. Please see this thread:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34532

Hi Muffin

Thank you for the reply. It looks like there is an issue with some many failures. Can't believe how many people have this issue.

I'm pretty gutted as this is not a cheap interface. I really do expect greater things from RME. We shouldn't be experiencing these kind of issues from a product at this price point.

Thanks for sending the link

Contact the seller or your local RME distributor, they will help with an exchange of the unit. It's actually a very small number overall that have shown this problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff

I live in the UK and have contacted the seller I purchased the Fireface from. Hopefully its a quick turn over.

Thanks for the post.