Topic: TotalMix FX Public Beta 1.80 Beta 5 for Windows and Mac available

Because the latest internal beta of our next TM FX release (1.80) includes an already requested fix for Mac users we make it available now, here. Update: and Windows as well.

Overview Beta 1. For news of Beta 2 see post #3, Beta 3 post #4, Beta 4 post #7, Beta 5 post #13.

Fix: Using the ARC USB to close/open the TM FX window had unexpected side effects under Ventura.

Fix: Open mixer settings, select OSC tab, close dialog, open ARC settings - no reaction

Improved: Crash detection, to ensure the last saved state is loaded after a crash (usually worked under Mac, improved scheme needed mainly for Windows).

Added: the ARC USB can now control the makeup gain of the mic channel's Dynamics section.

Added: all encoder functions are now also available as 'Push' mode (only active as long as the button is pressed).

Version 1.80 also has extended OSC support. The updated OSC table is an extra download. Changes:

- new in Page 1: CUE control as channel dependent function, control of link speaker B, and the direct selection of a channel in Page 2 as a start offset of Page 1.

- new in 'none paged' page: added setOffsetInBank and loadQuickWorkspace (these are no new functions)

The OSC table zip includes a new touchOSC template that showcases all functions.

Downloads:

Removed.

Installation

Mac: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the app into the Applications folder, overwriting the old file.

Windows: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the new version into Windows\System32, overwriting the old file.

Latest addition: TotalMix Remote 1.30 Beta 1

Mac: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx … _130b1.zip

Win: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx … _130b1.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: TotalMix FX Public Beta 1.80 Beta 5 for Windows and Mac available

Updated first post with Windows version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

New in Beta 2:

- In the Channel Layout dialog it is now possible to assign different colors per channel. 'Colors' here refers to the channel name, usually white font, which can be changed in color and additionally gets underlined in that color.

- Options, Offline Device Setup: select the RME audio interface (or multiple) that you want to have available even when the unit is not switched on or connected. This is much more than a simple 'demo mode' - it allows you to edit mixer states offline and load them when the unit is attached. Etc. For this reason on the Mac you can also assign the respective serial number.

- When in PFL mode the global Solo button will switch off all active PFLs

- Adds the ref level 'Boost' to inputs 3/4 of the Babyface Pro, with 9 dB more gain for low level guitars etc. Note: this feature requires not only this specific TM FX, but also firmware 203. Under Windows the driver version must be 1.226 or higher. Edit: 1.226 is not yet available. New Mac drivers are also required which are not yet available.

Fixes in Beta 2:

- Digiface Ravenna: MADI channels were shown as Ravenna channels when Names option was active

- Key focus is now locked when in background after start. Until now TotalMix could react unintentionally on key entries (like W) even with no window visible, which could then cause havoc (like switching QuickWorkspaces).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

New in Beta 3:

- Added support for 75 dB mic gain for the Digiface AES.

- Fixed several smaller issues in the Mac version due to the latest changes in beta 2.

- The new Boost ref level is now compatible to older workspaces (in beta 2 a wrong ref level would be set when loading an old workspace)

Additional information:

- Windows USB driver 1.225 had to be withdrawn as changes to the system directories required by MS caused ASIO to no longer work. We have to examine and fix that before it will be available again.

- Mac users have to wait for an updated driver to use the Boost feature. Using firmware 203 and TM FX 1.80 the option is shown and can be set, but does not yet do anything.

For downloads see first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello MC,

what great new features and improvements. Thank you!

- Options, Offline Device Setup: select the RME audio interface (or multiple) that you want to have available even when the unit is not switched on or connected. This is much more than a simple 'demo mode' - it allows you to edit mixer states offline and load them when the unit is attached. Etc. For this reason on the Mac you can also assign the respective serial number.

how cool is that?
Now i can try out how the other RME products behave in TMFX and what differences they have, without owning them.
Or you can share workspaces between friends, which own other devices, and help each other or compare the setups.

- In the Channel Layout dialog it is now possible to assign different colors per channel. 'Colors' here refers to the channel name, usually white font, which can be changed in color and additionally gets underlined in that color.

The colors are another great feature. gives a much better structure and fast overview, espacially if you handle all channels. Top!

A question: It seems that the colors also readable via OSC? The OSC Template seems to have this. But I did not see it in the osctable xls. And i did not see such OSC Messages. Maybe i missed something?
If not  - would be also a nice feature...

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

The colors are excellent! ThnX!

www.analoguemastering.com

Here comes the final release candidate, TM FX Beta 4. Changes:

- Mac version now supports the new Boost for Babyface Pro channels 3/4

- Win version includes fixes for correct order of HDSPe cards with DK firmware (also needs soon to be released new HDSPe driver)

- Win/Mac: switching the Digiface Ravenna from USB 2 to USB 3 did not show the additional channels without reboot

Download links in first post.

The TM FX Remote Win and Mac  has been updated to that same state, release candidate is version 1.30 Beta 1, link in first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello MC,

just figured out that since first beta of v1.80 the TotalMix App does not send Left Level Data via OSC.

On Page1 i get no Left levels in TouchOSC.

Or did i miss something?

“Do It For Her”

Same here. Thanks for the info, just in time!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What is the minimal MaOS version for this? I'm still on Catalina. Thx!

Can use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Same here. Thanks for the info, just in time!

That is the sense of publishing betas before official releases.

Neither: maybe it could be possible to send the color information via osc in future?
The colors give really a big benefit to get a direct visual orientation (espacially if you work with multiple interfaces and need the view of all channels in the layout/workflow).
So it would be really awesome to transfer the colours via osc… sure - not constantly. But according to the channel names…

Would give the benefit to osc users also.

Btw: i tried to figure out, where the color information is stored. I looked into the saved workspace files, but i could not find it.
Maybe you have a hint?
My idea is to modify the osc-template via lua scripts to read the the workspace file an set the colors accordingly.
Sure. Not really proof if colors change frequently during a session.
But the colors (in my scenario) are set once an do not change often.

“Do It For Her”

Beta 5 is up with a fix for the missing level meter data in OSC mode.

The new color feature is found in the workspace in Hide State:

<val e="Hide State 00" v="-1.00,......"/>

00 is the channel number.  -1 means white visible, +2 grey hidden, and so on.

Adding the colors to OSC on page 2 should be no big issue, but will not be done so shortly before release -> later version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you. Sure - in further Versions would be a nice Feature...

Found two other small issues yesterday (on v1.80b4):

- When i open the network Remote Settings, the list of my configured Users seems blank. I have first to push the Add Button and Cancel  the New User Dialog Box. Afterwards, the old users, reappear in the List.

- My Totalmix FX crashes when I enable/disable twice my (Outbound) Firewall. its the free LuLu Firewall. Although Total Mix is in the allowed Rules. No Matter if OSC or Network Remote in TMFX is enabled or not. But this may be a LuLu Problem or due to my system Configuration. Will investigate this further.

Will check this in beta 5 until tomorrow.

“Do It For Her”

15 (edited by maggie33 2023-03-01 23:47:53)

- My Totalmix FX crashes when I enable/disable twice my (Outbound) Firewall. its the free LuLu Firewall. Although Total Mix is in the allowed Rules. No Matter if OSC or Network Remote in TMFX is enabled or not. But this may be a LuLu Problem or due to my system Configuration. Will investigate this further.

Today, i figured out: The Totalmix FX (on Host) crashes only, if a TM FX Remote Session ist connected to the Host.
In my case, i connected TotalmixFX Remote v.130b1 from Windows to TotalmixFX v.180b5 on my Mac -> crashes if i switch the Firewall on/off.

If TM FX Remote is NOT active on Windows -> no Crash

“Do It For Her”

Will iPad apps be updated with Boost option?

MC wrote:

New in Beta 3:

- Added support for 75 dB mic gain for the Digiface AES.

- Fixed several smaller issues in the Mac version due to the latest changes in beta 2.

- The new Boost ref level is now compatible to older workspaces (in beta 2 a wrong ref level would be set when loading an old workspace)

Additional information:

- Windows USB driver 1.225 had to be withdrawn as changes to the system directories required by MS caused ASIO to no longer work. We have to examine and fix that before it will be available again.

- Mac users have to wait for an updated driver to use the Boost feature. Using firmware 203 and TM FX 1.80 the option is shown and can be set, but does not yet do anything.

For downloads see first post.

ronmac wrote:

Does this thread title not say enough? 
(TotalMix FX Public Beta 1.80 Beta 5 for Windows and Mac available)

“Do It For Her”

ronmac wrote:

Of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I assume nothing, and simply asked for confirmation.

maggie33 wrote:
ronmac wrote:

Does this thread title not say enough? 
(TotalMix FX Public Beta 1.80 Beta 5 for Windows and Mac available)

sorry

“Do It For Her”

No worries, maggie33.

My concern was that not all functions are available on certain products (I use a BF Pro) when using the TotalMix FX on iPad, and I wasn't sure if the Boost feature would also be omitted due to "technical reasons".

TotalMix FX for iPad runs on iPad2 or newer, and all iOS versions from 8.0 up, using only few resources. As under Windows and Mac OS X it does not process audio, but acts as remote control for the calculations performed in the hardware. The app is fully compatible even when storing/loading Workspaces. Except for MIDI/OSC and TCP/IP remote control all features of the desktop version are included.

The functionality of the Babyface, Babyface Pro and MADIface Pro is slightly limited due to technical reasons. The effects Reverb and Echo are not available. All other features are present and useable with iPad operation. The MADIface Pro supports 24 channels playback/record, 4 analog and 20 from MADI.

I love my BF Pro as it currently is, and the possibility of future enhancements is always a bonus, and greatly appreciated.

Just looked at the Specs of a Babyface Pro... Didn't really realize the product until now. Very interesting. Thanks!

“Do It For Her”

TMFX reverts to the prior released version when I copy the beta into C:\Windows\System32\, overwriting the released version and then reboot. How do I make the beta persist?
My System is Win 11 22H2 Bid 22621.1344 and Madiface 0.9808 rev 54 on Fireface UFX+

UFX+; MADIfaceUSB; Startech active USB3 cable; Sonnet Allegro Pro adapter; Win11x64

If you overwrote the old binary then beta persists.
If the old version came back then you didn't overwrite the file.
Most likely because TM FX was still active, then it can't be overwritten.
Quit TM FX then copy over.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks Fixed!

UFX+; MADIfaceUSB; Startech active USB3 cable; Sonnet Allegro Pro adapter; Win11x64

MC, do you have any idea when the final version of TotalMix 1.80 will be released?

Next week.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Cool, thanks!

Bit confused: has the firmware update for MacOS enabling the boost function been released already?

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

Will the Boost also be available for the MADIface Pro?

Thanks

Bertrand Allaume

32 (edited by n3vinal3x 2023-03-16 20:25:54)

Hi,

Has the TM 1.80 and driver 3.29 been released for MAC OS ? I am using Babyface Pro FS.
Only seeing a firmware update 203 on the rme website but no driver update. Is this coming soon ?
However, the release note says Firmware update 318 is meant for BabyfacePro FS, but only 203 is showing up.
Any clarity on this would be appreciated. thanks smile

Haven't seen it in the downloads section. Also I'm looking for PC updates to the driver. As MC previewed, the 1.80 version of TMFX is supposed to be released this week. Still waiting.

TM FX 1.80 is ready and now available in these drivers:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … c_328a.zip

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … _3222a.zip

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … _3222a.zip

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … _09812.zip

Note that these are pre-releases without documentation. I will add that tomorrow and then release them on our website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC, can I extract TM FX 1.80 from one of the Mac archives above and use it with my current Thunderbolt driver for UFX+ (v1.21)? I'm using TM FX 1.78 at the moment.

Sure. Or download here:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_win_180.zip

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tmfx_mac_180.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I will add that tomorrow and then release them on our website.

Looking forward to the new drivers with documentation being released soon!!!

Drivers are up and have readme now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Congrats!!! Is this for Windows as well? I've only seen the drivers from last month. Hopefully I'm not missing anything. Thanks!

Can confirm: Install went flawlessly via https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usbdk_mac_407.zip for my FF802 on Mac M1.
Totalmix Version 1.80 macOS (3) is included in the /Apllications Folder and works fine.

“Do It For Her”

davidlaijiajun wrote:
MC wrote:

Congrats!!! Is this for Windows as well? I've only seen the drivers from last month. Hopefully I'm not missing anything. Thanks!

I replied to myself - the upper list. More drivers will be updated next week.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Thank you! Looking forward!!!

hey good people,

just curious about what the difference is between macOS 11/12 USB Series DriverKit Driver and macOS 11/12 USB Series Kernel Extension Driver versions are ? Which of these versions would be suitable for my use ?
I am on Mac OS 12.3.1, using Babyface Pro Fs on a Mac mini M1.

MC wrote:

Looking forward to the release of the drivers for Windows coming soon!

Couple quick questions. Im on Apple M1

- I see the newest driver version is 3.28"A" and it looks like Im on 3.28. Is the kernel extension driver "A" required for these updates?

- Do you have to go through the same additional steps to install like I did initially? ie: boot into recovery mode, etc?

- uninstall old drivers necessary?

MacBook Pro Max M1 Ventura 13.4.1
32GB Ram, 2TB HD
UCX II via OWC Thunderbolt dock.
DAW - Logic

chrysalis99 wrote:

- I see the newest driver version is 3.28"A" and it looks like Im on 3.28. Is the kernel extension driver "A" required for these updates?

- Do you have to go through the same additional steps to install like I did initially? ie: boot into recovery mode, etc?

Can anyone answer these question for me please? I’d like to have the newest features of TotalMix but being on Apple silicon the updates scare me a bit. Everything is running great right now with my UCXII. Anyone?

MacBook Pro Max M1 Ventura 13.4.1
32GB Ram, 2TB HD
UCX II via OWC Thunderbolt dock.
DAW - Logic

chrysalis99 wrote:
chrysalis99 wrote:

Isn't it ist always a good idea to have the newest drivers?

depends on your osx system version (but i think you are higher than 11, if you are on M1). depends if you want to use the driverkit version 407 (running in userspace, aka system environment) or stay on kext drivers (running in kernel layer)

no

Can anyone answer these question for me please? I’d like to have the newest features of TotalMix but being on Apple silicon the updates scare me a bit. Everything is running great right now with my UCXII. Anyone?

eyerything is mentioned in your dl area:
https://www.rme-audio.de/de_fireface-ucx-ii.html

It seems that you are on kext version 328 - should work.

1)Try to update your units's firmware first, if not already done:
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac.zip
Look inside the rtf readme the package!
After this, you should have this firmware on your unit:
Fireface UCX II: USB 42, DSP 26, Class Compliant 21

2) If it works, i would recommend to switch to the driverkit version 407. It's apples recommendation and i think it makes really sense. it is mainly a security aspect.
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usbdk_mac_407.zip
Look inside the rtf readme the package!

---snip---
During driver installation, the user must enter his password 3 (!) times:

- Permission for the installer to use the Finder for the installation (click Ok, enter password)

- Permission to install a system extension (click Continue, enter password)

- Permission to unblock the RME system extension. Important: do not click OK, but click "Open System Settings", then allow the RME Extension in there (and enter password again).

Now reboot!

---snap---

After this, you should have the latest TMFX 180 on your system and be up to date.

PS: Don't worry, it is nearly impossible to damage something to a inrepairable state.

“Do It For Her”