1 (edited by bbeater9 2023-04-18 03:40:38)

Topic: Can I use ASIO without installing the madiface driver on adi-2fs dac?

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=37183

The disconnection phenomenon during the music play that I inquired about last time is still continuing. Eventually, I gave up installing the madiface driver and compromised to automatically recognize and write adi-2 fs dac in windows 11. However, native playback of DSD files is not possible for problems that occur in this case. Because I can't write ASIO, is there a way to write ASIO from adi-2 without a madiface driver? Not virtual programs like asio4all.

And to summarize the disconnection phenomenon during music playback, pop noise occurs as music played during certain movements in foobar2000 and other music players stops. Certain actions here occur when you open a new tab, click hyperlinks, click bookmark bars, and then move your mouse pointer to open a list of other bookmark bars in a browser that uses the chromium web engine, such as Chrome and edge. Surprisingly, this problem does not occur in Firefox, so in an extreme way, you may not suffer if you surf the web only with Firefox after installing madiface, but I don't think this is a fundamental solution.

For chrome, you can adjust for some features in chrome://flags/, where enabling the zero-copy rasterizer entry alleviates the crack that occurs when you open a new tab, but does not resolve the problem in the bookmark bar. There was nothing else to try because the edge didn't have the ability to adjust like Chrome.

I have other usb dacs (Kadas Tone2 pro, Fiio K7), which requires installation of a driver other than adi-2 fs dac to use ASIO, but the same problem did not occur at all due to driver installation in that equipment. The key point is that it is a problem that only occurs when the madiface driver is installed on adi-2fs dac. As I mentioned, I gave up installing the madiface driver.

I've updated the driver version and all the other driver versions installed on my PC, and I've done everything I can physically do, such as changing USB ports, not using hubs, and replacing cables, but the problem hasn't been solved at all, and I've finally found peace of mind by not installing the madiface driver.

Re: Can I use ASIO without installing the madiface driver on adi-2fs dac?

Speaking of driver for a driverless device, do you mean the FUT ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

This refers to the state in which adi-2 fs dac is automatically caught when connected to a PC without a madiface driver. I can still play music in this state, but I knew that performance is limited to 384khz. If you do not install the madiface driver, adi-2 fs dac appears in Windows in the form "ADI-2 DAC (serial number)" but when you install the madiface driver, it appears with a different name beginning with the word "analog".

waedi wrote:

Speaking of driver for a driverless device, do you mean the FUT ?

Can you provide a link to that Madi driver ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

https://www.rme-audio.de/adi-2-dac.html

I used the driver on the rme homepage. It's version 09812.

Sounds you need to increase the latency to create a bigger buffer, that should get rid of the "pops".

Also I found that uninstalling the drivers for other sound devices helped smooth out problems with the RME driver.

You mean ADI-2 DAC FS? The madiface driver is the ASIO driver for this interface, without this driver you will have no ASIO support.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13