Topic: Using Two ARC with a RME UFX II and Setting Global Shortcuts

Hi everyone,

I am currently using an RME UFX II for my setup. Due to my work routine, I often have to move back and forth between the control room and the recording room. To streamline this process, I am considering using two ARC controllers to manage the UFX II. Is this a feasible setup?

If this isn't possible, I'd like to inquire about an alternative solution. Specifically, I'm interested in setting up global shortcuts for TotalMix. I'm looking for a way to directly invoke Snapshot even when the TotalMix window isn't active. So far, I've only found non-global shortcut settings like F4...F8 in "ARC & Key Command Settings..."

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Using Two ARC with a RME UFX II and Setting Global Shortcuts

maxiaovo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am currently using an RME UFX II for my setup. Due to my work routine, I often have to move back and forth between the control room and the recording room. To streamline this process, I am considering using two ARC controllers to manage the UFX II. Is this a feasible setup?

If this isn't possible, I'd like to inquire about an alternative solution. Specifically, I'm interested in setting up global shortcuts for TotalMix. I'm looking for a way to directly invoke Snapshot even when the TotalMix window isn't active. So far, I've only found non-global shortcut settings like F4...F8 in "ARC & Key Command Settings..."

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I use, in conjunction with an ARC USB, an Elgato Streamdeck to invoke some of these functions. ie Snapshots etc.

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

Re: Using Two ARC with a RME UFX II and Setting Global Shortcuts

The settings for the ARC USB are stored on the computer - not in the ARC nor the interface. If you use two computers there will be no issue. If you also move the computer no issue as well, because the ARC USB settings are stored in the TM FX Workspace. So save and load what you need.

Note: you can not use two ARC USB at the same time on one computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME