Topic: ADI-2 Remote Pre-Release: Step 2, Windows (for ADI-2 DAC)

ADI-2 Series Remote – Windows public pre-release

Prologue
After the successful release of the ADI-2 Series Remote for macOS and iPadOS, see here for all details:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=37669

a first pre-release of the Windows version is now available. Although labelled beta it should be very final and not have any major issues. As with the macOS and iPadOS version currently only ADI-2 DAC is supported (all hardware versions), because that unit has the most users. Support for ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2/4 Pro SE is prepared and will follow as next steps.

How does it work?
The ADI-2 DAC needs a new firmware version. FPGA v80 adds a MIDI I/O port that uses SysEx messages to send and receive data and commands. Compatibility issues are not expected, but the unit's menu also includes a setting to disable the MIDI port (Remap Keys / Diagnosis, MIDI Control).

An updated DSP software v55 handles the communication with the app.

For this MIDI port to be available in Windows the latest driver version 0.9824 or higher must be installed (link below).

The ADI-2 Remote app (currently DAC only)
The app consists of several main pages: first one per output (Line Out, Phones Out, IEM Out), followed by the Toggle button, then a general Device page with all channel unrelated settings, and a PEQ Editor that can be used to edit, save or load PEQs without changing the currently active EQ (listen to music while you play with it…).

The app is interactive and fully synchronized. Change the volume on the unit or in the app – both will stay in sync. When toggle mode is active and Toggle is hit the current channel page will change accordingly. Same when plugging/unplugging phones when Mute vs.. is active. Etc. If no DAC is found the app enters Demo mode, so anyone interested can have a look. In fact it is possible to create or edit PEQs even while offline, and load and save these from/to disk.

The app itself has two Settings available directly from the app menu. One disables the automatic change of shown output page. The other one enables to load up to 20 PEQs simultaneously into the unit via a Setup file. This is a nice feature for copying device states quickly between units, but usually users want to have full control what to load and then only load one or the other PEQ to specific slots – that’s why this option is off by default.

Also please note that Setups can not be downloaded or stored in bulk. It is possible to load an existing Setup into the app, modify it, and store it back into the unit. But only a single one, so one after the other.

Still something missing?
Apart from support for 2 Pro and 2/4 Pro the app misses the Status Overview screen/info. This feature will be added later.

Help file included!
Although the app should be easy to use and self-explanatory - if something is unclear please read the included help (German and English).

System Requirements
The app uses the same graphics engine as DigiCheck NG, so the same system requirements apply: Windows 10 or higher, and a graphics card that supports Direct3D 12. This might exclude some older computers even when running Windows 10, for example with Intel integrated graphics HD4600 and HD4000. The DAC needs firmware 80/55 or higher, and the driver must be MADIface series 0.9824 or higher.

Downloads
Windows Firmware Update Tool (FUT): https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_win.zip

Windows MADIface series driver: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … _09824.zip

Windows app with installer, v0.95 beta: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … n_095b.zip

Set of example files with 18 PEQs as Setup and as single files, to load into the editor and/or app:
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … efiles.zip
Note: these 18 PEQs are also included in the app, they can be loaded from the menu.

Have fun and enjoy your summer holidays!

Edit: Update to v 0.95 beta is explained in post 39.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-2 Remote Pre-Release: Step 2, Windows (for ADI-2 DAC)

How to use carefully and with no data loss

This is a simple guide for users that fear to lose all their settings in the ADI-2 DAC when playing around with the ADI-2 Remote app. It won't happen if you follow these steps.

Step 1. Install the app, connect the ADI-2 DAC, start the app. The app will only read out the ADI-2 DAC's current state and NOT CHANGE ANYTHING on the device.

Step 2. Go to the menu, File - Save Setup as.... This stores the current state of the ADI-2 DAC into a Setup file that can be loaded later, so whatever you change with the remote app can be undone easily by loading this setup file from the same menu, File - Open Setup file.

Additional steps
If you have saved several Setups in the unit you can store all these into separate files as described above, after loading the respective Setup:
In the app go to the Device page, click Load, then click Setup 1. This is the same as loading Setup 1 from the unit's display menu. Now save the current state as file. Repeat the process with all user-defined Presets.

There currently is no 'global state including all Setups' save functionality, so this has to be done separately for all user Setups, one by one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for yet another great invention, Matthias!
This early, I have only a tiny minor remark:
You write above
"Step 2. Go to the menu, File - Load Setup as...."
and I guess you mean
"Step 2. Go to the menu, File - Save Setup as...."
Everything works fine on my Win11 laptop so far!

4 (edited by ramses 2023-07-20 17:41:46)

The app looks really impressive, I installed it to simply see it in action, although I have the Pro.
So I can't wait to see the Pro version coming out wink

Many thanks, Matthias and team for the efforts !! :-)

Question: does having a MIDI port on the device (by the new firmware) mean, that there is something like a general MIDI I/O interface. Would it be possible to control ADI-2 DAC/Pro by e.g. Cubase?

If this were possible, is the ASIO driver required for accessing the ADI-2 DAC/Pro?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

MC wrote:

System Requirements
The app uses the same graphics engine as DigiCheck NG, so the same system requirements apply: Windows 10 or higher, and a graphics card that supports Direct3D 12. This might exclude some older computers even when running Windows 10, for example with Intel intergated graphics HD4600 and HD4000.

I have Windows 7 and Intel HD Graphics 4600, so I´m left holding my dick on a double... what a grave news. sad sad

Would it be possible to later publish less demanding non-NG "vintage" version, like current DIGICheck 5, which would run on older systems? "Only" DIGICheck 5 -graphics quality level would be completely fine.

Is it me or do current requirements seem a little bit, hmmm... exaggerated to run one little control application?

MC wrote:

System Requirements
... Windows 10 or higher, and a graphics card that supports Direct3D 12. ...

MC wrote:

How to use carefully and with no data loss
Step 2. Go to the menu, File - Save Setup as.... This stores the current state of the ADI-2 DAC into a Setup file that can be loaded later, ...

A very small additional program ("app") - which provides only the functions "Load / Store Setup" (of the above quoted Step 2) and runs under Windows 7 - should still be offered!

Although my Dell notebooks are also used with Windows 7 / 10 (offline) in addition to Linux, I can not test further or make more useful suggestions here, because the Intel graphics Direct3D 12 is not supported.
That's it now with the app...

And thanks also for the set of example files with 18 PEQs.
I am using one of them right now and it makes my Sennheiser HD800S sound as new and better headphones.
I know this was possible before but this app makes it so much easier!

zyberguran wrote:

This early, I have only a tiny minor remark:
You write above
"Step 2. Go to the menu, File - Load Setup as...."
and I guess you mean
"Step 2. Go to the menu, File - Save Setup as...."

Indeed! Thanks for notifying, I fixed the text.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

weme wrote:

A very small additional program ("app") - which provides only the functions "Load / Store Setup" (of the above quoted Step 2) and runs under Windows 7 - should still be offered!

No one said this won't come. Also: as soon as we publish the MIDI commands anyone could do that.

But first we have to finish the existing app in all aspects. We are still finding small issues while improving it, and will most probably see some more when adding 2 and 2/4 Pro.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Fabulous to see this happening, holding out for Pro 2/4 compatibility! Any ETA on that?

https://musicwall.app/hermetech

Please please, make a version for pro. I do not mind if only dac functions get implemented in the beginning. I just need an interface to change eq presets. It is a torture to do currently, if you have many headphones.

Not at all. In EQ graphic screen step down to the parameter line so that it shows the Preset name, then simply scroll through them:

https://youtu.be/AkKwxlU6FNo

The release of the Win/Mac app gives better overview and quicker, more comfortable access, but fact is that all options are available directly at the unit, and in most cases easily and quickly accessible as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I added a crucial information to the opening post, that got totally lost (don't know why):

For the MIDI port to be available in Windows the latest driver version 0.9824 or higher must be installed. Sorry for that. With older drivers the app will stay on disconnected state.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Crashed on my Windows system:

I installed the program and the driver(s). Without the DAC connected to the PC, I launched the program. A small window appeared at the top left corner of the display screen. The program crashed. The software for my AMD Radeon HD 7700 series GPU said, "driver timeout." Windows said, "Returned 887A0005 at 207".

I have Windows 10 64-bit version 22H2 with DirectX 12, Direct3 DD 12.

Is this a bug, or is it necessary that the DAC be connected and powered on for the program to avoid a crash? If the latter, shouldn't the program merely report that no DAC was detected?

Feature Levels in Direct3D

The specification of the Direct3D 12 restriction could still be completed with the required Feature Level.
Query under Windows: CMD: dxdiag

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo … evel-intro

By querying the required Direct3D parameters in the setup programme of ADI-2 Remote, an installation with unsuitable graphics cards could be prevented (with an understandable error message) and thus reduce the support effort here.

It is still very quiet here ...

16 (edited by weme 2023-07-22 04:24:16)

There are good news:

Notebook Dell Latitude E6530 works with ADI-2 Remote:

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 [version 10.0.19042.631] - offline

Features from E6530:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3360M CPU @ 2.80GHz with HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA NVS 5200M (supports Direct3D-DDI 12 with Feature Level max. 11_0)
(Manufacture Date: 08/21/2012)

Setup Setting E6530:
Video / Optimus
- Enable Optimus [no] - This disables the HD Graphics 4000.

or even simpler:

Disabling the HD Graphics 4000 in the device manager.

Automatic dynamic Software-Switching does not work.
Manually starting of ADI-2 Remote with the NVIDIA NVS 5200M does not work.

weme wrote:

The specification of the Direct3D 12 restriction could still be completed with the required Feature Level.
Query under Windows: CMD: dxdiag

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo … evel-intro

By querying the required Direct3D parameters in the setup programme of ADI-2 Remote, an installation with unsuitable graphics cards could be prevented (with an understandable error message) and thus reduce the support effort here.

It is still very quiet here ...

Yes, there are so called feature levels. And as the Radeon HD 7700 series was released on February 15, 2012 it most probably does not support Direct3D v12 completely. See also here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_l … n_Direct3D

The 7700 is listed as 11.1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

18 (edited by weme 2023-07-22 04:25:11)

Except for the unusual scaling with window frames, everything is fine!

PHONES: Dim has no function
IEM: Dim has no function on VOL

PARAMETRIC EQ:
The alternative ways of changing the values (horizontal or vertical dragging with the mouse, mouse wheel, keyboard input) are great and there is even a reset by double-clicking!
When working very quickly with the mouse, it could be helpful to activate the button that is currently being edited: e.g. highlighting the button symbols or the value.

I cannot find an optimal solution for the (missing) hint texts G | F | Q.

Other ideas:

Display firmware FPGA + DSP + Driver-date in the application header after text "connected". *1)

Options / Preferences:
Lighten the colour of the application
Scaling of the graphic +-12 dB / +-24 dB

DEVICE:
Make space: Replace "HARDWARE" with "REMAP KEYS" - DISPLAY is also HARDWARE.

Because of the remote software, I could imagine an ADI-2 DAC / PRO version with an additional USB port at the front. The switchover (USB rear / - front) would be carried out by the ADI-2 in the setup.

*1)
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 [version 10.0.19042.631]
Drivers from Microsoft are installed for:
- Analogue (1+2) (RME ADI-2 DAC)
- SPDIF (RME ADI-2 DAC)
06.12.2019 - 10.0.19041.1
Text in header: "ADI-2 Remote: ADI-2 DAC Midi Port 1 - connected"
So without serial no. as I read somewhere.

weme wrote:

It helps acceptance if a software is executable on as many hardware platforms as possible.
Ideally, it should be possible to read in a table which feature level (here Direct3D 12) is required for graphics functions. The specification for the programming would be then a feature level, which may not be exceeded. Whether certain graphics functions with a high feature level could be replaced by a number of graphics functions with a low feature level is open to me: I don't know.

Since graphics card manufacturers may have made mistakes in implementation, a feature level would probably have to be set as low as possible.

weme wrote:

IEM: Dim has no function on VOL.

Both work when the output dimmed is the active one.

weme wrote:

Text in header: "ADI-2 Remote: ADI-2 DAC Midi Port 1 - connected"
So without serial no. as I read somewhere.

Serial numbers are only shown on the Mac.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

21 (edited by weme 2023-07-24 03:42:31)

MC wrote:
weme wrote:

IEM: Dim has no function on VOL.

Both work when the output dimmed is the active one.

My error:
The test was done with the parameter Mute Line | OFF:
For measuring/testing or listening with headphones I have a second ADI-2 DAC, the parameter Mute Line | OFF is standard for me.

The ADI-2 DAC darkens the parameters that are not effective.

Edit 2023-07-24 - help text F1:
"Inactive channels have a dark volume control and a darker EQ response plot."

Due to the possibility of human / device overload (see Security Notice) it would be better to use a colour like Amber, ... for the active volume control.

So far 2 bugs have been found:

- When storing a modified EQ Preset into the device, a dialog gives the options to save as file or store into the device. The field for the target preset number does not work when typing in a number, it will always use '1' then. It needs to be used via mouse (full list visible and select via click) or cursor keys.

- The menu item 'File - Load Factory - > EQ Examples' does not work, because the used file is missing in the installer and therefore also in the program's directory. You could fix this if you don't want to wait for the next beta. Download the file

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/eq_examples.zip

unzip it, and copy EQ Examples.adistp to C:\Program Files (x86)\RME\ADI-2 Remote. Needs admin rights to do so.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Serial numbers are only shown on the Mac.

As already described in the forum:
Under Windows, the serial number of the ADI-2 DAC / PRO is stored here:
Device Manager | Sound, video and game controllers | RME ADI-2 DAC | Properties | Details | Bus reported Device description.
Gerätemanager | Audio, Video und Gamecontroller | RME ADI-2 DAC | Eigenschaften | Details | Vom Bus gemeldete Gerätebeschreibung
-> ADI-2 DAC (nnnnnnnn)

It would be nice if the serial number was also displayed under Windows like on the MAC. Then the help text F1 would also be correct:
"If no device is detected, the app starts with a demo device ADI-2 DAC without a serial number and in "disconnected" state.".

Some suggestions:

Window:
By playing around, ADI-2 Remote as well as DigiCheck NG can be terminated with the smallest window size and thus also restarted. An automatic start with a small but better visible window size would be possible by interpreting:
ADI-2 Remote | rme.adi2remote.main.xml
DigiCheck NG | lastState.Analyser.xml

Zoom 100%:
Individual setting, e.g. by adding and then editing rme.adi2remote.main.xml

Because of the round knobs for the potentiometers, we get vertical margins when changing the window size. Maybe one day there will be a graphics function that changes the window size only proportionally.

Help:
For buyers but also for owners of an ADI-2 DAC / PRO, the comfortable access from the application (under "Help") to the manual - stored locally and/or via internet - might be useful.
With both variants, the manual versions may differ from the firmware version of the ADI-2 DAC. If ADI-2 Remote can read out the firmware (and then make it visible under "DEVICE"), the problem could be checked later on via the programme.

24 (edited by weme 2023-07-24 17:51:20)

ADI-2-Remote-Windows-users all seem to be on holiday ...

The parameter files *.adistp have a fixed size (43.4 kB). The files contain either the parameters of a setup and/or of EQ presets.

File | Open Setup File... | Load Factory | ...

With "Open Setup File..." the loading of setups and/or EQ presets can be selected. Here the user is completely free to decide what he wants to do: Load Setup (Factory) and/or load EQ presets. The content of the file *.adistp determines the functions:
If the selection at "Setup Data Select" ("Load Device Setup" / "Load all EQ Presets" *1) does not match the content of the file, nothing is done. The names of the files can be chosen freely.

At "Load Factory" -> "EQ Examples" a file "EQ Examples.adistp" is read in if this file is contained in the folder "\Program Files (x86)\RME\ADI-2 Remote".
From the programme's point of view this is OK, from the user's point of view this is illogical (Load Factory?).

Workaround
Renaming a parameter file like "Total Reset State ...adistp" (https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … efiles.zip) to "EQ Examples.adistp" does not work because only the function "Load all EQ Presets" [see above *1)] is implemented in the programme.

Sorry, I don't get what you want to say here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

26 (edited by weme 2023-07-25 19:30:07)

MC wrote:

Sorry, I don't get what you want to say here.

"Load Factory" should be a reset of the unit to the parameters described in the manual [CASE (1) / (2) see below]. The new functions such as Midi, ... and the firmware versions are still added in the manual.
My units were delivered with empty setups and EQs.

Conclusion:

Realised is:
"Load Factory" -> "EQ Examples"

Suggestion:
"Load Factory" [CASE (2)]
or
"Load Factory" -> "EQs and Current Settings" [CASE (1)] | "Factory (with all Setups)" [CASE (2)]

Details:

My units were delivered with empty setups and EQs. The function "Load Factory" -> "EQ Examples" does not set the EQs to this delivery state. That's why I wrote: "from the user's point of view this is illogical".

And then under "Load Factory" a function for resetting the setups is missing. Therefore my quick test written under "Workaround" to test the CASE (1) [see below].

If you plan - or perhaps have already written here - to deliver units with the "EQ Examples" in the future (which I would not do), then we do not have the same information base:
The "EQ Examples" can be loaded very easily via "Open Setup File". If then the "adi2_remote_samplefiles.zip" had a more detailed named folder structure as well as more detailed file names, that would certainly be a good help for the (new) "standard user".

Manual 04/2022. version 3.1, page 73 [CASE (n) was added by me]

Returning to Factory State

CASE (1) Hold encoder 1 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the unit. The start-up screen will
show Reset Done. All current settings are reset to factory default, user-stored Setups and EQ
Presets are not affected. The same action is performed by loading Factory via Setup Select.
Note: The reset will be incomplete when the unit is connected to USB while performing the reset.

CASE (2) When holding encoder 1, 2 and the VOL button pushed while turning on the unit, user-stored
Setups and EQ Presets are also reset.

The remote programme offers (via "Open Setup File...") the CASE (1). If CASE (2) is not directly realisable, the setups should be able to be reset by a programme loop, which a user can do step by step.

Conclusion (see above) ...

A total reset via the remote software is currently not possible, due to the explained limitation that it is not possible to transfer/write more than one Setup at a time. Doing this requires a firmware change where it is unclear if it will come or be possible at all.

The software is an ongoing development process, so the menu items might indeed change again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

28 (edited by weme 2023-07-26 14:49:41)

Only for information - the topic is finished for me:

The fact that the very useful "ADI-2 Remote (DAC)" in Vers. 1.0 for MAC/Windows cannot yet contain all possible (nice to have) things, and also does not have to contain them, is accepted by users!

In my comments under #26 I pointed out the "logic" for "Load Factory" as well as an alternative to "Factory (with all Setups)" [CASE (2)], which must be possible without changing the firmware:

What a user can do with the user interface of software

"It is possible to load an existing Setup into the app, modify it, and store it back into the unit. But only a single one, so one after the other."
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 74#p204174

can also be done automatically by the software - ("DEVICE: SETUPS Load | Save | Factory") linearly or normally programmed in a loop.
If alternatively to "DEVICE: SETUPS ... Factory" a suitable adistp file (stored in the ADI-2 Remote programme directory) would be used, the ADI-2 Remote programme would not need to be changed when changing firmware parameters - unless new parameters are introduced.

"File -> Save Setup as" or "EQ PRESETS -> Save"

An existing file is overwritten without any further message.

30 (edited by michal.d59 2023-08-03 11:46:34)

For me, the application is great. And comfortable. I "dried" the bass perfectly :-) Thank you very much.

I installed the ADI-2 Remote yesterday. Everything was working, but when I tried using the Laptop as a source, as usual, the driver started working very bad. Foobar started to no recognize the madiface driver; the Qobuz app did the same, not recognizing the driver and showing the message: "the device is being used by another device" or "the device cannot be recognized".
To fix the problem I uninstalled the Remote App and I had to uninstall the driver packages, one by one, and reinstall them from the beginning: 0.9734, 0.9747, 0.9817. At the moment the driver seems working fine. For the moment I haven't re-installed the latest driver yet, the 0.9824.
The system is:
Core i7 2670 QM, 14gb ram
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
ADI-2 firmware: 80-55 (the latest)

Any idea?

The remote will not work with 0.9817, it needs the latest 0.9824. And there have been zero reports so far from the Remote disturbing the driver or audio. operation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Wie komme ich auf DSP Version 55?
Der Treiber ist aktuell (09824) und fut.exe behauptet "uptodate", aber DSP Vers. 51 wird angezeigt, auch nach erneutem Update-Versuch.
Remote-Software meldet: no response bei angeschlossenem und vom System erkannten ADI2 DAC Fs (AKM-Version).

Gruß
Uwe

Einfach die aktuelle FUT-Version vom Web herunterladen, die in der Beschreibung auch 55 listet. Link ist auch im ersten Post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The remote will not work with 0.9817, it needs the latest 0.9824. And there have been zero reports so far from the Remote disturbing the driver or audio. operation.

I was using the 0.9824 version when I installed the ADI Remote app

MC wrote:

Einfach die aktuelle FUT-Version vom Web herunterladen, die in der Beschreibung auch 55 listet. Link ist auch im ersten Post.

Besten Dank!Hat funktioniert. RME-Support ist einfach super.

Gruß
Uwe

I find this at a forum:

MC wrote: Here are two settings for Slow and NOS to linearise the treble response at 44.1 kHz sample rate:

NOS B5 G +3.0 F 14.3k Q 0.6 Shelf

In PEQ file NOS Comp 44.1.adieqpr there is a different data:
NOS BG G +3.0 F 16.5k Q 0.9 Shelf

Which one is correct ?

Thank you in advance
D.Matacin

The values here https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=26952 are intended and will be fixed later in the EQ examples.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We interrupted our summer holidays for a day to fix some issues with beta 0.93. Beta 0.95 is now available, see first post, with these changes:

- Program now starts with 100% window size on first start/first installation

- When the window size is manually minimized below a reasonable size and exit, on next start the window will be enlarged to a default minimum size

- File -> Save Setup as and EQ PRESETS -> Save issue a warning when overwriting existing files

- The installer includes the EQ Example file and places a link to the program on the desktop

- Storing a modified EQ Preset into the device: the dialog has been improved in two ways: entering a name is no longer overwritten when selecting a preset number later, and the preset number can be typed in instead of selecting it from the dropdown menus.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This is a really great addition.  Thank you for working so hard on continuously improving an already excellent product.  Enjoy your holiday smile

Since my second ADI-2 DAC needs to go on holiday as well (In the cupboard with a very interesting Topping D10s above it - I hope the two get along), I informally report here only about the demo mode:

Anyone who wants to quickly compare different software releases:
1. Install SetupAdi2Remote.msi, copy Adi2Remote.exe into a meaningful directory, rename it (e.g. Adi2Remote-V093.exe) and start it.
2. As under 1. with a different version, ff
It should work as long as the structure of the rme.adi2remote.main.xml file is not changed. But before reporting errors, however, "install properly".

The following is not new but it is interesting:

Uninstalling of ADI-2 Remote does not delete all folder/files created by the programme (but so does other software):
.:\ProgramData\ADI2Remote\rme.adi2remote.main.xml (this has some consequences, see below)
.:\Users\...\AppData\Local\ADI2Remote (currently empty)

Installation of ADI-2 Remote (Ver. 0.95b) creates this folder structure:
under .:\Program Files (x86)\
RME\ADI-2 Remote | (also: RME\DigiCheck NG) | (also: RME\DIGICheck5)
(Btw: (...x86\): ADI2Remote and DigiCheckNG are 64-bit programmes)

And we get these structures, when ADI-2 Remote is started for the first time:
under .:\ProgramData
ADI2Remote | (also: DigiCheckNG) | (also: DIGICheck5)
under .:\Users\...\AppData\Local\
ADI2Remote | (also: DigiCheckNG)
-> Folder RME is missing

Now all directories/files created by ADI-2 Remote were manually deleted, ADI-2 Remote Ver. 0.95b was reinstalled:

The text ("Please make sure that ADI-2 firmware ..." after first starting is only displayed if the folder .:\ProgramData\ADI2Remote was previously deleted (see above).

The missing file adi2_remote_samplefiles.zip could be installed as well.

Help -> ADI-2 Remote Help F1
The search function does not work - because there is no index.

"Toggle" button
Text "Switch page to active channel" could be replaced e.g. by "Function Toggle: Switch page to active channel".
would have to be changed under
- Help -> ADI-2 Remote Help F1
- Options -> Preferences...

weme wrote:

I don't understand. The new installer does install the EQ Examples file, so nothing is missing. Or 'could' be installed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

43 (edited by weme 2023-08-11 11:37:09)

MC wrote:
weme wrote:

I don't understand. The new installer does install the EQ Examples file, so nothing is missing. Or 'could' be installed.

As written in #41 I can only test in demo mode for some time.

In my opinion, these files for resets are missing:
Total Reset State plus 18 PEQ.adistp
Total Reset State except Setups.adistp

adi2dac_remote_win_095b.zip (SetupAdi2Remote.msi) installed under .:\Program Files (x86)\RME\ADI-2 Remote:
*.exe
*.chm
EQ Examples.adistp

adi2_remote_samplefiles.zip contains:
Folder ADI-2 Remote with
  (18 PEQ.adistp: which are probably included in EQ Examples.adistp)
Folder PEQ Files with 18 *.adieqpr
(which are probably included 1:1 in EQ Examples.adistp)

just login to say THANK YOU! I dreamed with this app since I got my RME ADI 2 DAC in 2019

weme wrote:

In my opinion, these files for resets are missing:

I already explained that a Total Reset is currently not possible without a bigger firmware change. Such an option would be misleading and therefore did not find its way into the app. The sample files are now outdated and will be reworked.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey All

This has been a dream come true for me, being able to make the adjustments on my PC takes the unit to another level as far as usability is concerned.

Not sure if I should start another thread, but being that the eq settings are propriety ie: .adistp it would be great if

a) People could share the profiles they've created for their cans

b) If Oratory1990's RME eq's could be imported/converted somehow into a .adistp file

Cheers and Beers

I think, therefore I am!

Good morning.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the application doesn't work, it gives me the following error:
Please make sure that ADI-2 firmware and driver are newest version FPGA/DSP 80/55 or never, madiface driver 0.9824 or newer.
I have the driver version updated to 0.9824 and the SW version 55.
It is a windows 11 installation.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you very much in advance and great job.

yoesma1940 wrote:

Good morning.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the application doesn't work, it gives me the following error:
Please make sure that ADI-2 firmware and driver are newest version FPGA/DSP 80/55 or never, madiface driver 0.9824 or newer.
What am I doing wrong?

Are you installing the correct app as well in addition to the firmware update?

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … n_095b.zip

I think, therefore I am!

johnhallkenney wrote:
yoesma1940 wrote:

Good morning.
What am I doing wrong?

Are you installing the correct app as well in addition to the firmware update?

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … n_095b.zip

Yes of course, I have the latest version of everything, so I'm surprised that it doesn't work for me.
thank you.

The application does not know why, but it does not detect that it has the latest firmware and sw. installed, and won't start.