Topic: ADI-2 Remote Pre-Release: Step 3 – support for the whole ADI-2 series

ADI-2 Series Remote – Mac & Windows full series support, v 1.3

Prologue
After the successful release of the ADI-2 Series Remote for macOS, Windows and iPadOS for the ADI-2 DAC, see here for all details:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=37669
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=205246

we’re ready to go public with Windows and Mac version 1.3 beta 2 (Updated to release, see below) - which supports all ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 Pro and the ADI-2/4 Pro SE, with all and any functionality. This includes full support for DSD modes and hardware differences like Direct DSD, and many small fixes and improvements since the last public version. Dual Volume mode is also supported, but a bit more flexible than on the unit itself, by the option Link on every output page.

Important
All ADI-2 units need a firmware update to support all functions correctly.
Windows only: when a driver is used then the latest driver version 0.9827 or higher must be installed (link below). If used with UAC-2 OS support no driver is required, other than for the firmware update process itself.

The ADI-2 Remote app
The app consists of several main pages: first line input (for 2 Pro and 2/4 Pro), then one per output (Line Out, Phones Out, IEM Out etc), then a general Device page with all channel unrelated settings, and a PEQ Editor that can be used to edit, save or load PEQs without changing the currently active EQ (listen to music while you play with it…).

The app is interactive and fully synchronized. Change the volume on the unit or in the app – both will stay in sync. When toggle mode is active and Toggle is clicked the current channel page will change accordingly. Same when plugging/unplugging phones when Mute vs. xx is active. Etc. If no device is found the app enters Demo mode with ADI-2/4 Pro shown, so anyone interested can have a look. In fact it is possible to create or edit PEQs even while offline, with the PEQ Editor, and load and save these from/to disk.

The app itself has two Settings available directly from the app menu. One disables the automatic change of shown output page. The other one enables to load up to 20 PEQs simultaneously into the unit via a Setup file. This is a nice feature for copying device states quickly between units, but usually users want to have full control what to load and then only load one or the other PEQ to specific slots – that’s why this option is off by default.

Also please note that Setups can not be downloaded or stored in bulk. It is possible to load an existing Setup into the app, modify it, and store it back into the unit. But only a single one, so one after the other.

Still something missing?
The app misses the Status Overview screen/info. This feature will be added later.
There should be no major bugs or problems using beta 2. But one hint: in rare cases the new MIDI port is switched off after the firmware update, although it should be ON by default. If the app remains disconnected, check this port setting on the device and correct it.

Help file included!
Although the app should be easy to use and self-explanatory - if something is unclear please read the included help (German and English).

System Requirements
The app uses the same graphics engine as DigiCheck NG, so the same system requirements apply: Windows 10 or higher, and a graphics card that supports Direct3D 12. This might exclude some older computers, even when running Windows 10, for example with Intel integrated graphics HD4600 and HD4000.

Current (and  required) Firmware versions:
ADI-2 DAC: USB=81, DSP=59
ADI-2 Pro: USB=267, DSP=122
ADI-2/4 Pro SE (Hw Rev 6): USB=72, DSP=36
ADI-2/4 Pro SE (Hw Rev.7): USB=209, DSP=36

In case of a Windows driver make sure it is version 0.9827 or higher.

Downloads Windows
Windows Firmware Update Tool (FUT): https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_win.zip
Windows app with installer, v1.3: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2remote_win.zip
Windows MADIface series driver: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … _09827.zip

Downloads Mac
Mac Firmware Update Tool (FUT): https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_mac.zip
Mac app with installer, v1.3: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2remote_mac.zip

One more thing – for vinyl fans: the Remap Keys of the 2/4 Pro SE now include RIAA Gain up and down (includes on/off), and RIAA Mono Bass as options.

Now - have fun!

Update: Changes in 1.3 Beta 3, 09/19/2023

- Loading Setups from file works again, for all three ADI-2 versions
- Quit warning message for last changes in PEQ Editor added to Windows version
- Added Phones connector detection for extended automatic page change functionality
- Toggle mode Line/digital with PH3/4 active: EQ curve was shown as non-active
- Improved Windows icons (a bit)
- Fine-tuned mouse wheel scrolling
- Fine-tuned volume dBr display in the lower range
- Added device independent global EQ Preset load. When loading a Setup file and unchecking ‘Load Device Setup’, all 20 PEQ files will be loaded into the PEQ Editor, no matter which of the three ADI-2 versions is currently used. Also when ‘Preferences – Store file-loaded EQ-Presets into device’ is checked the 20 PEQs will be transferred and stored into the unit directly, in one action.

So far no further firmware changes were necessary (since beta 2).

Update: Changes in 1.3 Release, 09/25/2023

- ADI-2 Pro Ph1/2 EQ: needs firmware update to DSP121, as the reported issue turned out to be a firmware issue, and also comes with a second (fixed) issue of not loading the PH1/2 EQ reliably on start of the app. DSP121 is already available via the official FUT downloads.
- Made the app more reliable on plug and replug
- Improved background/foreground behaviour
- Completely new icon set for Mac and Win
- Fixed and improved several details in handling PEQ loading, Setups and Link function
- Link active is now saved over app restarts. Note: the respective volume values are not saved.
- optimizations regarding setup load on devices with different EQ-Presets
- the last number of the last device-saved EQ-Preset is default in the save dialog (same behaviour as on the unit)
- Removed 1 second wait time for app-steered switching of EQ Presets. This feature needs DSP firmware updates: DAC 59, 2 Pro 122, 2/4 Pro 36 (not yet released).
- Fixed bug that USB 1/2 and USB 3/4 were missing in the menu
- Resizing the app window under Windows now maintains correct h/v ratio
- Full support for multichannel mode
- Optimized Setup Load Factory button operation

iPad app 1.3 was reworked with all the above fixes and improvements and is available in the Apple App Store.

For developers the MIDI protocol is available here: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … otocol.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-2 Remote Pre-Release: Step 3 – support for the whole ADI-2 series

The ADI-2/4 Pro Line Input page

https://www.archiv.rme-audio.de/images/adi24_lineinm.png

The ADI-2 Pro Line Out page

https://www.archiv.rme-audio.de/images/adi2pro_lineout.png

The ADI-2 Pro Device page

https://www.archiv.rme-audio.de/images/adi2pro_device.png

More pics and explanations here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 75#p204175

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Many thanks for this orb :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You're welcome. Thanks for testing!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Fantastic, I have been eagerly awaiting this!

So far everything seems to work perfectly with my ADI-2 Pro FS.
I can't test the Remote App properly at the moment, but here's a tiny nitpick on Win11: the icon text looks quite pixelated when pinned to the taskbar, especially compared to Digicheck NG. Nothing dramatic, but maybe worth a look?

https://i.imgur.com/JMhYHRX.png

Thanks a lot for this addition nonetheless. It was the only thing I missed from my previous interface!

splitting_ears wrote:

on Win11: the icon text looks quite pixelated when pinned to the taskbar, especially compared to Digicheck NG. Nothing dramatic, but maybe worth a look?
https://i.imgur.com/JMhYHRX.png

Same here.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank You very much.

Finally! The software is working great on Windows 10, but there are two improvements I'd like to see:

1) The ability to minimize/close the window to the system tray/notification area (it looks like this was meant to be implemented, judging by the two separate "Close Window" and "Quit ADI-2 Remote" File menu items);
2) The ability to use the mouse wheel when the window is out of focus (according to the OS setting "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them").

Thank you!

Thank you!
Been patiently waiting.
I promise, I did not mean all those things i was saying when you put the pro version last. It was my frustration coming out :-)

Remote installer did not want to open a few times but finally opened and installed correctly. So cool to access all the function on Windows! Way easier and more convenient. A home run by RME.

11 (edited by Babaluma 2023-09-16 08:07:46)

MC wrote:

One more thing – for vinyl fans: the Remap Keys of the 2/4 Pro SE now include RIAA Gain up and down (includes on/off), and RIAA Mono Bass as options.

Brilliant, my final feature request for the 2/4 added, thank you!

[EDIT] Is there a way to reprogram the physical remote from the new app, or do we still need to go menu diving on the unit? A "Remote" tab in the app would be much appreciated.

https://musicwall.app/hermetech

12 (edited by misko 2023-09-15 19:16:23)

Thanks!
No brainer, just works. BTW: ADI-2 Pro first generation, fully supported after these years (11/2016). I´m impressed - again.

Michal

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

Installed the software just jet.

1. Installed driver 0.9827

2. Restartet Windows

3. Installed Firmware 266 / 120

4. Restartet ADI-2 Pro FS

5. Installed SetupAdi2Remote

6. Started ADI-2 Remote

7. It worked!

8. Started foobar 2000 (V2.0 [x64])

9. Selected Output: ASIO : ASIO MADIface USB

10. No Play possible sad sad sad

11. Restarted Win 10 PC and ADI-2 Pro FS

12. Now everything works

13. Marvelous cool smile smile

Thank you, RME and MC, for this wonderful supplement.

Ralf
(ADI-2 Pro FS with ThinkPad Yoga L13, Dynaudio Focus 600 XD or Focal Clear — and a lot of Jazz)

This is really necessary for me I am pleased with this software, I don't understand most of it but now I can mess about with it and learn that way.

Thanks RME and MC Really pleased about this. cool

MC wrote:

ADI-2 Series Remote – Mac & Windows full series support, v 1.3 beta 2

Windows only: the latest driver version 0.9827 or higher must be installed (link below).
For Windows the driver 0.9827 or higher is required.

Does not correspond with the help texts (D/EN) and also not with the note after the first start of ADI-2 Remote.

Test with
ADI-2 Remote Vers. 1.3b2
ADI-2 DAC: FPGA 80, DSP 58
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.631]
Driver V 0.9827 / V 0.9824

Texts in the Programme header
ADI-2 Remote: ADI-2 DAC Midi Port 1 - connected (ADI-2 Remote Vers. 0.95b)
ADI-2 Remote: ADI-2 DAC - connected (ADI-2 Remote Vers. 1.3b2)
No difference with driver V 0.9827 or V 0.9824

File -> Open Setup File...
SavedSetup-with-Vers-095b.adistp or SavedSetup-with-Vers-1.3b2.adistp
-> Error message: "No setup data for connected device found"
if
Load Device Setup [y] | Load all EQ Presets [y]
no message if:
Load Device Setup [y] | Load all EQ Presets [n]
Load Device Setup [n] | Load all EQ Presets [n]

(Old - possibly not reported so far) - Exit ADI-2 Remote
with
"X" | File -> Close Window | File -> Quit ADI-2 Remote
If at least one EQ has been changed, there is only an error message "The following EQ presets are ..." if "X" was pressed.

weme wrote:

File -> Open Setup File...
SavedSetup-with-Vers-095b.adistp or SavedSetup-with-Vers-1.3b2.adistp
-> Error message: "No setup data for connected device found"

Thanks. That doesn't work anymore for all units, must have been a last minute change which then got overlooked.

weme wrote:

(Old - possibly not reported so far) - Exit ADI-2 Remote
with
"X" | File -> Close Window | File -> Quit ADI-2 Remote
If at least one EQ has been changed, there is only an error message "The following EQ presets are ..." if "X" was pressed.

Correct. The app supports multiple windows, but the request/info on close should come in any case.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

17 (edited by igordp 2023-09-16 13:14:21)

The news is awesome. The device is great.
But I need a bit help. Cause ADI-2 Remote - disconnected.
I've updated firmware of my ADI-2/4 Pro SE.
And the FUT tool shows next:

Firmware    | Current Revision | New Revision
USB         | 207              | 206
DSP         | 35               | 35
Fallback USB| 71

Programming Status: Up-to-date

Is it correct that I have Current Revision 207 on my device?

I've rebooted MacBook and reconnected power cable to ADI-2. I think this should be enough to make a restart.
Checked Options/Device Mode - MIDI Control is ON.
macOS Sonoma beta 14.0 (23A339)
ADI-2 Remote Version 1.3 beta 2 (1)

The device works properly but Remote can't connect to it.
Thank you.

Great stuff, as ever!
What is the minimum Mac OS version supported?

ADI-2 DAC FS
ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

Great! Been waiting for this.

Is it yet possible to send MIDI directly to the ADI-Pro for control? Is there a MIDI Implementation list?

igordp wrote:

Cause ADI-2 Remote - disconnected.
I've updated firmware of my ADI-2/4 Pro SE.
And the FUT tool shows next:

Firmware    | Current Revision | New Revision
USB         | 207              | 206
DSP         | 35               | 35
Fallback USB| 71

Programming Status: Up-to-date

Is it correct that I have Current Revision 207 on my device?

Sorry, not correct. Please check the 'Flash all' button to get back to 206. 206 and 207 are identical, but 207 does not have the MIDI port necessary here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

brianjnyc wrote:

Great! Been waiting for this.

Is it yet possible to send MIDI directly to the ADI-Pro for control? Is there a MIDI Implementation list?

As I wrote several times the MIDI protocol will be published when finished. Right now we still have a few small issues and are discussing further firmware changes. A release now would only cause confusion with the later - final - version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Works great on a Mac (Big Sur) with 2/4 Pro SE. Lots to explore and try. I love it -- this is so much better than fiddling with the encoder knobs! wink

Many thanks for the app!! really cool!! Works great (except for import/export) with ADI-2 Pro and Windows 11. Makes everything a lot easier.

24 (edited by supermad 2023-09-17 17:18:44)

It is possible control power on/off with the remote app?

MC wrote:

As I wrote several times the MIDI protocol will be published when finished. Right now we still have a few small issues and are discussing further firmware changes. A release now would only cause confusion with the later - final - version.

Got it, thanks!

Thnx for a great product, which is now twice as great! I couldnt praise this high enough so keeping it simple. <3 RME <3

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

supermad wrote:

It is possible control power on/off with the remote app?

Technically impossible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Please check the 'Flash all' button to get back to 206. 206 and 207 are identical, but 207 does not have the MIDI port necessary here.

Yes it works. Thank you!
New things to explore this evening smile

30 (edited by weme 2023-09-19 10:03:25)

Demo Modus (If no device: shows ADI-2/4 Pro SE)
If no device is detected -> ADI-2/4 Pro SE
The RME ADI-2 Remote 1.3 User Guide still lists ADI-2 DAC.
Without much effort, the desired demo mode could be added under options. This would be useful for people interested in the ADI-2 DAC-/-PRO series or for preparation when waiting for the delivery of an ADI-2 DAC-/-PRO unit.

File -> Open Setup File... (loading of file types)
The loading of file types should be extended:
"ADI-2 Remote Setup *.adistp" (is realised)
"ADI-2 Remote EQ *.adieqpr" (missing)
"All" (Standard: is realised)
Maybe ADI-2 Remote could also remember the last file type.

EQ PRESETS / SETUPS (Limiting the input length of names)
The length of the names is limited to 14 characters only after confirmation with OK.

Set your EQs to factory
This might also be useful for users of the ADI-2 PRO series, as they cannot work with the previous Vers. 0.95b of ADI-2 Remote and the current Vers. 1.3b2 does not support loading parameter files.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru … st-1719988

Changing the key parameters of parameter files (*.adistp / *.adieqpr)
With ADI-2 Remote version 1.3b2, the key parameters used to describe the contents of parameter files have been added:
Factory
ADI-2DAC
ADI-24PROSE
ADI-2PRO
Parameter files containing only EQs are now described with Factory (<Factory> ... </Factory> - until vers. 0.95b <ADI-2DAC> ... </ADI-2DAC>).

31 (edited by wgb25 2023-09-19 14:32:49)

Hello,

Does the remote control also work with the RME Adi on a network, so without a direct link to the PC with the remote control application?

Thank you

Alain

No, only via USB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

1.3 Beta 3 is now available, see updated links in first post.

- Loading Setups from file works again, for all three ADI-2 versions
- Quit warning message for last changes in PEQ Editor added to Windows version
- Added Phones connector detection for extended automatic page change functionality
- Improved Windows icons (a bit)
- Fine-tuned mouse wheel scrolling
- Fine-tuned volume dBr display in the lower range

- Added device independent global EQ Preset load. When loading a Setup file and unchecking ‘Load Device Setup’, all 20 PEQ files will be loaded into the PEQ Editor, no matter which of the three ADI-2 versions is currently used. Also when ‘Preferences – Store file-loaded EQ-Presets into device’ is checked the 20 PEQs will be transferred and stored into the unit directly, in one action.

So far no further firmware changes were necessary (since beta 2), so no updated FUTs for beta 3.

The release of the iPad app 1.3 is delayed until we found the reason for a communication breakdown with iPadOS 17 after sleep.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

34 (edited by thoma.fournier 2023-09-20 08:45:16)

Hi,
First thank you very much for the ADI Remote software! it's an awesome addition to the already awesome ADI2.

I have one small problem to report with ADI REMOTE wich is that when i load an EQ preset in the PH 12 section then the EQ curve is not displayed correctly (but the EQ is correctly applied). The EQ is always displayed correctly on the ADI2 screen when i switch EQ presets.
The problem does not occur with PH 34, or EQ PRESET EDITOR where the curve is correctly displayed and applied.
I use 1.3b3 but the problem was also in b2. My ADI2 is on the latest firmware available.

Hope it can help
Have a good day all

Thomas

Will be fixed, thanks for notifying.

Edit: ADI-2 Pro Ph1/2 EQ: needs firmware update to DSP121, as the reported issue turned out to be a firmware issue, and also comes with a second (fixed) issue of not loading the PH1/2 EQ reliably on start of the app.

The new firmware will be available shortly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

I attempted to download the remote app "ADI-2 Series Remote for macOS 2023-09-15 adi2remote_mac_13b2.zip" but hitting the link (= https://rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2remote_mac_13b2.zip) resulted in "Error 404 – Not Found". I guess it's a minor issue to be fixed.

So far my RME ADI-2 DAC FS simply rocks!!!

Regards,
Manol

manolvalchev wrote:

... I attempted to download the remote app "ADI-2 Series Remote for macOS 2023-09-15 adi2remote_mac_13b2.zip" but hitting the link ... resulted in "Error 404 – Not Found". ...

yesterday MC wrote:

It's now https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … n_13b3.zip

Ralf
(ADI-2 Pro FS with ThinkPad Yoga L13, Dynaudio Focus 600 XD or Focal Clear — and a lot of Jazz)

38 (edited by weme 2023-09-20 16:11:30)

Great: It seems that the first final version of ADI-2 Remote has vers. 1.4:

EQ PRESET EDITOR -> Clear (leading spaces)
(ADI-2 DAC)
1. Clear: Writes the names of the EQs (1-20) with two leading spaces.
2. Store: ADI-2 DAC shows the name with spaces
3. Exit ADI-2 Remote
4. Restarted ADI-2 Remote
    -> ADI-2 Remote shows name without spaces
    -> ADI-2 DAC shows name with spaces

Setup file (Manipulation)
Key parameters for the ADI-2 DAC/PRO series: ADI-2DAC | ADI-2PRO | ADI-24PROSE | Factory
Manipulation of these key parameters must not cause an error in an unit.

EQ PRESETS -> Load/Save (*.adieqpr) and Open/Save Setup File (*.adistp) (directories)
These functions remember the same directories.

File -> Load Factory -> EQ Examples (Reading the "EQ Examples.adistp")
As already written here, I cannot understand the function:
The ADI-2 DAC/PRO series is shipped with empty EQs.
Without further notes, "EQ Examples.adistp" overwrites the EQs in an unit with examples. Furthermore, the combination of examples is questionable because some EQs are not immediately understood by some users. For example, those who do not use headphones ...
But for testing, the "EQ Examples.adistp" have been helpful. Especially because the conception of the parameter files (thanks to RME) allows to create own parameter files very easily.

A possible final version:

• File Load Factory -> EQ Examples
    replace with
    File Load Factory *
    or replace with
    File Load Factory | EQs (empty) | Device Reset *

* With a note in the online help that a device reset may be added.

Additions to the installation routine of ADI-2 Remote **:

• Storage of EQ sample files (*.adieqpr):
    The files have more understandable names and/or are structured according to folders. In addition, the EQ sample files could contain a fixed assignment to EQ memory 20 if such a file is loaded unnecessarily via File -> Open Setup File.

DA-Filter-Correction_NOS Comp 44.1_EQ20.adieqpr
Headphones_Sennheiser_HD650_EQ20.adieqpr
\DA-Filter-Correction
NOS Comp 44.1_EQ20.adieqpr
\Headphones\Sennheiser
HD650_EQ20.adieqpr

To **
The best at the end:
Of course, a user can create his own structure in the simplest way possible!

###

Addition: If you want to know everything - you have to read everything - including me ...

MC wrote:

Here are explanations on these example PEQs:

1. Nomen est omen, but not for anyone
2. Sub-bass boost for my favourite in-ear. Intentionally with Peak filter to reduce boost of the lowest, inaudible frequencies
3. Oratory1990 proposal for Sennheiser HD650
4. My own compensation for Audeze's LCD-X
5. My own compensation for Sennheiser HD800S
6. Oratory1990 proposal for HEDD Heddphone
7 to 10: small compensations for DAC filters as published earlier in this forum
11: Turns an illegal digital square into a bandlimited, valid square that still looks like a square
12: As the name says, different curves for left and right channel
13/14: Taken from the ADI's manual. For details read there.
15: Very effective rumble filter for turntables as added to the 2/4 Pro
16/17: Using a subwoofer the sub could need some mid/treble reduction, while the satellites need bass to be removed. This example combined provides a proper crossover, but each one also works independently.
18: Hearing test. By changing the frequency of band 5 in real-time this hi-cut lets you find out at what point you hear a difference in music playback. If you don't hear anything changed down to 12 kHz - don't worry, you are not alone...This one is called FM Tuner as FM radio (German UKW) is typically limited to around 15 kHz audio bandwidth. Just for fun the famous MPX filter is added as 19 kHz notch in Band 4.
19/20: Intentionally left empty. These are useful to store modified PEQs, or when changing the order (copy the slot to be overwritten to an empty slot first to not loose its content)
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 75#p204175

Hi,
I tried every beta, but still get an error
"Returned 887A0004 at 4" when I start  Adi-2 Remote
Adi-2 DAC FS , Drivers updated to the latests, Direct x 12 is present, and graphic card drivers up to date, Win 10 22H2

Anyone has the same errors?

Christophe

Warning, English is not my natural language.

40 (edited by WillB 2023-09-20 20:06:53)

Driver and firmware updated, Remote Beta 1.3 installed.

After attempting to start the software I get the following error message:
"Returned 887A0005 at 207"
Blank software windows closes. Expected.

Switched from default Intel graphics HD4600. (just as Matthias stated above, it won't work with this graphics card)...

...told system (dual graphics available) to use the Nvidia Quadro K2100M graphics with this program.
Works.

weme wrote:

Great: It seems that the first final version of ADI-2 Remote has vers. 1.4:

No, that will be 1.3.

weme wrote:

Key parameters for the ADI-2 DAC/PRO series: ADI-2DAC | ADI-2PRO | ADI-24PROSE | Factory

Can you please give more details? This statement is not understandable as it is now, sorry.

weme wrote:

As already written here, I cannot understand the function:
The ADI-2 DAC/PRO series is shipped with empty EQs.
Without further notes, "EQ Examples.adistp" overwrites the EQs in an unit with examples.

No, it does not. The EQ Presets are loaded into the 'offline' PEQ Editor only, not into the device. For that to happen you must manually check the option in Settings (Preferences).

Thanks for all the feedback, we're really close to release now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ninjasan wrote:

Adi-2 DAC FS , Drivers updated to the latests, Direct x 12 is present, and graphic card drivers up to date, Win 10 22H2

Your graphics card model?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

rawac wrote:
manolvalchev wrote:

... I attempted to download the remote app "ADI-2 Series Remote for macOS 2023-09-15 adi2remote_mac_13b2.zip" but hitting the link ... resulted in "Error 404 – Not Found". ...

yesterday MC wrote:

It's now https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … n_13b3.zip

The link is now fixed in the Downloads page of the RME website (https://rme-audio.de/downloads.html) which was my primary reason for posting here. Thanks!

44 (edited by weme 2023-10-24 17:56:24)

MC wrote:
weme wrote:

Can you please give more details? This statement is not understandable as it is now, sorry.

If in a setup file the key parameter for the unit (ADI-2DAC | ADI-2PRO | ADI-24PROSE) is changed and then this file is loaded into the unit.
E.G.:  (<ADI-24PROSE> ... </ADI-24PROSE>) changed to  (<ADI-2DAC> ... </ADI-2DAC>) will be loaded into an ADI-2 DAC.

MC wrote:
weme wrote:

No, it does not. The EQ Presets are loaded into the 'offline' PEQ Editor only, not into the device. For that to happen you must manually check the option in Settings (Preferences).

Yes ... but the remaining 95% of my comments are still usable.

MC wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback, we're really close to release now.

I only simply felt the need to spend some of my remaining life time on something constructive for "RME", to speed up the delivery of the final version of ADI-2 Remote. Even if some of my comments were not helpful because I did not know your concept or because I had overlooked something.

MC wrote:
ninjasan wrote:

Your graphics card model?

Hi thank you for your answer,
The graphic card is a nVidia 130m

Warning, English is not my natural language.

That one is from 2009. Quote: Even though it supports DirectX 11, the feature level is only 10_0, which can be problematic with many DirectX 11 & DirectX 12 titles.

So does not support DirectX12 nor the Direct3D 12 required here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Wow, thanks. After 5 years of owning anniversary edition, this comes as a pleasant reminder, that it was a good choice. Long live RME.

48 (edited by Pervasive_Silicon 2023-09-22 13:10:59)

Great tool which works fine connecting my PC with my ADI-2 Pro FSR BE.
However connecting my iPad Pro 11 (iPadOS 16.6.1) via USB-C with the ADI-2 (DSP121) doesn‘t work.
ADI-2 Remote (v 1.2) does not recognize my ADI-2 but I can play music from my iPad to the ADI-2.
Any ideas?

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

You need version 1.3. Soon available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Great, I thought version 1.3 will only fix a specific problem with iPadOS 17.

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE