101 (edited by ramses 2023-10-07 22:32:40)

Re: ADI-2 Remote Pre-Release: Step 3 – support for the whole ADI-2 series

Issue: you can select a PEQ preset for Phones 1/2, but the EQ curve is not being displayed on ADI-2 Remote.

Bug or feature? Or am I doing smth wrong.
I tried different settings for Toggle Ph/Line and Mute Line vs Phone.
But this doesn't change, that the PEQ curve for 1/2 is not being shown.

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, FW v120, MADIface driver 0.9827, ADI-2 Remote 1.3, Win11 22H2

Settings:
- Basic Mode: AD/DA
- Dual Phones: Enable
- Balanced Ph Mode: OFF
- Toggle Ph./Line: OFF
- Mute Line vs Phone 1/2 and 3/4: ON + ON

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jvdstr3p45ve7p9trzu6d/2023-10-07-23_25_13-ADI-2-Remote-Issue-PEQ-courve-for-Ph12-not-updated-1-of-2.jpg?rlkey=kwiog2mtvy6lv6cned26w3k0o&dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1ypvs1w6tfdpmq2l6qviv/2023-10-07-23_25_13-ADI-2-Remote-Issue-PEQ-courve-for-Ph12-not-updated-2-of-2.jpg?rlkey=2gssae19q66poq0bovp6d9h39&dl=1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That is normal for the ADI-2 Pro as it has a limited Ph1/2 output. It works when this channel is active. On the ADI-2/4 Pro SE it also works when inactive.

Now what astonishes me is that you can click on the EQ Preset field and get the list. This is intentionally blocked and as expected doesn't work on my system. Is that really the current 1.3 release version (exe date 25.09.)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

103 (edited by northdown 2023-10-09 12:00:26)

Hi, would anyone know if the ADI-2 remote is compatible with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6?
I've updated the firmware but when I try to open the app it is permanently 'loading' and remains as a grey window (see image attached).

The Remote app works great on my desktop machine with Mojave though ideally my ADI-2 DAC would be connected to an older mac mini running on 10.13.6 that I use as a music server. Any help or advice welcome...thanks.

https://tinypic.host/images/2023/10/09/Screenshot-2023-10-09-at-11.39.40b140f348a631c83d.png

104 (edited by ramses 2023-10-08 12:10:34)

MC wrote:

That is normal for the ADI-2 Pro as it has a limited Ph1/2 output. It works when this channel is active. On the ADI-2/4 Pro SE it also works when inactive.

Now what astonishes me is that you can click on the EQ Preset field and get the list. This is intentionally blocked and as expected doesn't work on my system. Is that really the current 1.3 release version (exe date 25.09.)?

At first it was blocked indeed, later with different settings it suddenly worked.

The version is 1.3 (Help->About).

MD5-Hash von C:\Program Files (x86)\RME\ADI-2 Remote\Adi2Remote.exe:
9341a6d0402f77fafa5d6f046bcf6526

In the screenshot below you can see the EQ settings of the just loaded PEQ preset and the version information:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tyniy2d7h0p4elox6348t/2023-10-08-ADI-2-Remote-v1.3-About-version.jpg?rlkey=ljfojz667ujog7lh3gwcjdduc&dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fqn2kv764ctgkypnobh30/2023-10-08-ADI-2-Remote-device-settings-preset-2-PEQ-Dropdown-active-for-Phones-12.jpg?rlkey=u7fj85m658j4a7o6qoxacur0j&dl=1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

105 (edited by ramses 2023-10-08 12:54:30)

It's reproducible, I e-mailed you with the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE config file. The firmware version is 120.

When two phones are connected to the front inputs, the PEQ curve for 1/2 can be selected and the sound changes properly.
It seems that only the PEQ curve and the knobs are not being updated.

I wonder why this functionality should be blocked.
The PEQ settings for both phone outputs work properly and independent of each other.

It's also a useful feature for me, when I want to narrow the sound of two different connected headphones, which both have PEQ settings.

In the 1st step, I would like to narrow the Aeon 2 closed back to the sound of the "LCD-3 without PEQ settings".
In the next step, I intend to narrow the sound of the Aeon to the LCD-3 with PEQ settings (modified Harman curve).

For this task, it is very useful being able to manage PEQ settings with the ADI-2 Remote for both headphone outputs.

With both PH outputs used I can select a preset and it is loaded, both audible and visible. So right now I don't see the effect.

> At first it was blocked indeed, later with different settings it suddenly worked.

That migth be the reason - something specific is needed to screw it.

Edit: Graphics refresh missing on Ramses system. We're trying to find out why.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,
I installed the ADI-2 remote on my mac mini M2 pro (mac os Ventura) and it's work perfectly but the app on my Ipad10 not working (offline all the time) - midi is on. I use V1.31 on IOS17.03
Any idea ?

Mac Mini M2 Pro + 32GB Ram + MacOSX Ventura + RME ADI-2 Pro FS + UAD Apollo X6 + Logic Pro X

Did you connect the ADI-2 to your iPad via USB? And does it play music?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah no sorry, I thought it would also work if the ipad was connected to my mac.

Mac Mini M2 Pro + 32GB Ram + MacOSX Ventura + RME ADI-2 Pro FS + UAD Apollo X6 + Logic Pro X

First post has been updated with the latest firmware versions:

ADI-2 DAC: USB=81, DSP=59
ADI-2 Pro: USB=267, DSP=122
ADI-2/4 Pro SE (Hw Rev 6): USB=72, DSP=36
ADI-2/4 Pro SE (Hw Rev.7): USB=209, DSP=36

Change: the FPGA firmware has been updated with a fix for the MIDI port. It now shows only one such port under Linux (instead of two), and that single port now also works without driver under Windows 10 and 11! Anyone not using the MADIface series driver under Windows can now still use the ADI-2 Remote.

Please note that for the firmware update one has to install that driver, but could now remove it later on.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Very useful feature, many thanks !

112 (edited by Schleichhörnchen 2023-10-16 21:14:30)

MC wrote:

ADI-2 Pro: USB=267, DSP=122

First time it didn't went smoothly. I didn't restart yet. It is a first generation model, the anniversary edition.
https://abload.de/img/rmeadiusb267errorrccbb.jpg

I clicked on update again and this time it showed no errors. Recycled the device and everything is working. Any advice what to do when such thing happens?

113 (edited by hobib_ali 2023-10-20 18:33:51)

is there a step by step tutorial?

I need to flash my ADI-2 DAC fs
I need to update the firmware
Then I have to install the remote

All seems quite confusing, various links for various stuff but i dont want to  mess up, but id love the remote so i can control the dac via my PC

edit:

also theres 3 download links, do i need all of them?

Windows Firmware Update Tool (FUT): https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_win.zip
Windows app with installer, v1.3: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2remote_win.zip
Windows MADIface series driver: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … _09827.zip

You have a manual ... its all in there
1st you need windows asio driver (MADIface driver)
Then you can flash device using the fut (flash update utility).
Once you meet the firmware and driver requirements of ADI-2remote, you can install and use this software.
Three easy steps and its documents in the manual in terms of general instructions how to flash the device.
And the ADI-2 Remote is application installation, not more, not less.

ramses wrote:

You have a manual ... its all in there
1st you need windows asio driver (MADIface driver)
Then you can flash device using the fut (flash update utility).
Once you meet the firmware and driver requirements of ADI-2remote, you can install and use this software.
Three easy steps and its documents in the manual in terms of general instructions how to flash the device.
And the ADI-2 Remote is application installation, not more, not less.

sorry im just a bit confused

so 1st i do Windows MADIface as this is the latest driver

then I install Windows Firmware Update Tool, this updates of flashes the bios on the dac

then lastly i install the Windows app with installer, v1.3  which is the ADI-DAC fs Windows remote

am i correct?

thanks

hobib_ali wrote:

then I install Windows Firmware Update Tool, this updates of flashes the bios on the dac

then lastly i install the Windows app with installer, v1.3  which is the ADI-DAC fs Windows remote

am i correct?

Yes!

Ralf
(ADI-2 Pro FS with ThinkPad Yoga L13, Dynaudio Focus 600 XD or Focal Clear — and a lot of Jazz)

rawac wrote:
hobib_ali wrote:

am i correct?

Yes!

I did it, i must say this UI is way more user friendly than pressing the buttons on the unit, way more control and easy to configure the settings

I did try to create a few EQ profiles, i hit the store button but the different settings do not transfer to the device, maybe im doing somthing wrong

but seems really cool so far, need to get familiar i suppose.

Feature request: Frequency values in PEQ graph. While it's fairly easy to intuit that the bolder lines are 100, 1k, 10k after thinking about it for a bit, having the frequencies clearly marked would be a nice, simple improvement.

Bug: sometimes, changing the label for a PEQ preset doesn't "take" -- the dialog box also seems to be right justified for some reason, which is a bit unintuitive. Can it be left-justified. Just picking around the edges of a great piece of software... I just got the ADI-2 DAC and this was released concurrently... what great timing!

119 (edited by eobet 2023-10-27 10:26:09)

I've used this on my ADI-2 Pro now for a while and it works great.

Unlike the interface on the physical product, it's really intuitive!

One thing I haven't been able to figure out though, is how to only listen to a single band in the EQ. Is that possible?

EDIT: Wow, if you use the Windows key to input an emoji, it kills the rest of the post!

May I ask a stupid question?

I understand that one's computer must be connected to the ADI-2 via USB, in order for the app to work.  So far so good. I tested it and it works!  Wonderful and thank you RME Team !

Now my question: does this mean that if the USB input of the ADI-2 is occupied by the connection to another input (in my case an RPi4 running as Roon end-point), then it is not possible to use the App?

Or it is possible to connect two USB cables to the ADI-2 USB input? e.g., by buying some special dongle?

Thank you!

121 (edited by KaiS 2023-10-29 01:16:33)

Theodore8 wrote:

I understand that one's computer must be connected to the ADI-2 via USB, in order for the app to work.  … does this mean that if the USB input of the ADI-2 is occupied by the connection to another input,… then it is not possible to use the App?

True.

Theodore8 wrote:

Or it is possible to connect two USB cables to the ADI-2 USB input? e.g., by buying some special dongle?

No, USB signals can’t be “mixed” this way.

An USB client/slave can have one host/master only.

@KAiS thank you so much for answering my query!

Now I understand that I cannot use the remote if the ADI-2's USB input is occupied.  Thank you @KaiS!

However, because I would like to use the remote, I am thinking of converting my Roon End Point to outputing to SPDIF/RCA instead of USB.

But in this case, I have been led to believe that I would lose the wonderful benefits of the ADI-2 FS clock accuracy, since the "master clock" would now be the Roon End Point's clock and not the ADI-2 clock.

Is that correct? 

If so, is there a setting in the ADI-2 that would allow the ADI-2 FS clock to be the "master" ?

Apologies for the newbie questions, but you have been so helpful, that I am taking advantage !  smile

124 (edited by KaiS 2023-10-30 08:25:19)

Theodore8 wrote:

… because I would like to use the remote, I am thinking of converting my Roon End Point to outputing to SPDIF/RCA instead of USB.

But in this case, I have been led to believe that I would lose the wonderful benefits of the ADI-2 FS clock accuracy, since the "master clock" would now be the Roon End Point's clock and not the ADI-2 clock. …

ADI-2‘s FS-Clock smoothes out all clock irregularities no matter what interface is used.

(I’m not sure SPDIF works while USB Remote App controls ADI-2 - give it a try, it’s a one minute test.)

EDIT:
I just checked, it works.
Remote App can control ADI-2 through USB while listening to an AES, SPDIF or Optical source.
Tested with ADI-2/4 Pro SE set to “DAC-Mode”.

125 (edited by Sleepless 2023-10-30 07:52:11)

As a new user to RME and the ADI-2 DAC FS, I just want to say that this software is amazing. I'm not sure I would have bought one earlier as I need EQ and it would have taken a long time to get it set up with the knobs and buttons but having seen that this is available, I bought one and had it dialed in within a couple of hours. I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a program in 45 years of experience with computers.

My only comments are that IMHO the balance control should be saved with the presets rather than settiings (I have mentioned this to support) and that it might be better named as 'Control' or something as we also have a remote control and the two are very different. Absolutely no complaints otherwise, Remote has made this device an absolute pleasure to use.

Sure it works. Just use a basic mode that disregards USB audio control, like AD/DA or DAC. With the ADI-2 DAC simply select the correct input (SPDIF).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

For developers the MIDI protocol is available here: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2 … otocol.zip

May I ask a question about the protocol?

I Intend to use an external hardware knob to control the main volume via SysEx messages. From the documentation I cannot identify a way to send an incremental volume change (let's say +0.5db): when I send the command, the device (ADI-2 DAC) automatically changes the absolute volume to +0.5db, instead of increasing the current volume by 0.5db. Is there any way or example, how to achieve the latter?

Anyway, thanks for sharing an amazing app and Midi details with the community!

I have an RME ADI-2 DAC FS and I am more than pleased with it, but disliked the controls. So I am now trying to install the remote on my Windows 10 laptop. Yesterday I first installed the driver, and then the flash memory update. Finally I tried to install the actual remote app. After a few tries I thought I had it installed but when I click on the ADI-2 Remote logo on my screen the app does not launch and instead I get what seem to be error messages: first I am told to ensure that I have the right firmware, and the right driver,, and next I get a screen: returned 887A0004 at 4
What am I doing wrong?

RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Quad 606-2 power amp, Quad 2805 speakers, B&W PV1d sub with Antimode 8033 Cinema

@willem,

Check what gfxcard your laptop has:

”The app uses the same graphics engine as DigiCheck NG, so the same system requirements apply: Windows 10 or higher, and a graphics card that supports Direct3D 12. This might exclude some older computers, even when running Windows 10, for example with Intel integrated graphics HD4600 and HD4000.”

Thanks: Intel Graphics HD4000. In short, I may have to search for a longer usb cable to connect one of the more modern desktops in the family.

RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Quad 606-2 power amp, Quad 2805 speakers, B&W PV1d sub with Antimode 8033 Cinema

Intel HD Graphics 4000 works
Deactivate the graphics driver so that Window 10 uses the basic driver for the graphics. Then Remote or DigiCheck NG should work.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 03#p205303

Thanks, I will give it a shot tomorrow.

@weme,

Ref your referenced post, seems like your laptop has dual gfxcards:

” Features from E6530:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3360M CPU @ 2.80GHz with HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA NVS 5200M (supports Direct3D-DDI 12 with Feature Level max. 11_0) ”

I’ve got a 10 year old Dell laptop with dual gfxcards, by activating the Nvidia card ADI-2 Remote works, not so with Intel gfx card.

@willem,
Check if your laptop also has dual gfxcards.

RME, MC,

Last night was the first time in months that I had the chance to try the Windows Remote app with my 2 ADI-2 Pro FS R BE devices.

Whilst I know that it adds no actual changes in functionality or performance, it is a very large improvement in usability, thank you for this.

David.

RPi4 | RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE | Senn HD600 | Sugden Masterclass AA | Teddy Pardo i80d | Naim SBL

MC.
Please add network remote over local remote.
PC/MAC connected via USB to ADi2. To the Local remote App add server-client architecture.
Network remote client on the PAD(Ipad) connected to local network work remotely with ADI2.
ADI2 DAC users will do standing applause!
ADI2 Pro users go to do RME Oscar award company on the world.

I would like to have an additional option LOCK which LOCKS all except volume control (LOCK-V could be the fieldname)
So adi-2 pro without remote control would habe a great remote volume control without setting some values by mistake

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs

Matthais, thank you for these new features and updates!! Great work!

Windows 11 / Nuendo 12 / UFX+ / M-1610 Pro / ADI-2 Pro FS R / Sonnet USB 3.0 PCIe

I just installed :
The latest drivers for the ADI-2 Pro FS R black (267/122)
The latest MADI .9827
Then installed the ADI-2 remote

After restarts, power cycles etc. I still get the following err. and then the ADI-2 remote crashes:
Returned 887A0005 at 207

Do you have the debug / error codes listed somewhere for reference?

The systems is Win10 with Intel HD4400, but directx 12 / 3D shows up as supported

It's clearly (!) stated in post 1 that your graphics card does not support Direct3D 12.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No it is just referencing some - I looked it up and unfortunately found an older reference stating it would be supported. 
Clearly Starting with driver 15.40.44.5107, that is not the case anymore.

This is dissapoinitng as the GUI on the unit is such a miserable design I really was looking forward to the remote.
Some clear debug info and error descriptions instead of pop ups where the codes cannot be copied as text would still help the product to come across more professional.

norgaard wrote:

Clearly Starting with driver 15.40.44.5107, that is not the case anymore.

It never was.

142 (edited by my_name 2023-12-02 15:54:56)

The app is brilliant.  Nothing less. In a relatively new Mac (M2) everything installed and worked like a charm (I downloaded the software packages last week). Adjusting settings (and the EQ, in particular) to suit preferences is now very easy from the computer and has the potential of significantly improving your listening experience. I hope there's an app for iPhone in the works (I thought iPad and Iphones were the same in terms of OS so I'm intrigued why there's no app for mobiles yet).

my_name wrote:

… (I thought iPad and iPhones were the same in terms of OS so ...

It‘s no more.

It‘s the other way round - iPad could/can run iPhones apps, with the same or a 2x scaled GUI.

There are a lot of apps that run on both, not all of them fully optimized.
It’s an extra effort for the developers.

KaiS wrote:
my_name wrote:

… (I thought iPad and iPhones were the same in terms of OS so ...

It‘s no more.

It‘s the other way round - iPad could/can run iPhones apps, with the same or a 2x scaled GUI.

There are a lot of apps that run on both, not all of them fully optimized.
It’s an extra effort for the developers.

Well, perhaps the'll think about it...

Mac App V. 1.3: VERY NICE to have this software! Thanks a lot!

But I would like the GUI to allow a little more contrast and/or brightness. My Apple Thunderbolt display is always at 100% brightness when using this app and yet my old eyes wanted more of it.
Thanks for reading.

Mac Mini 2018, Apple Thunderbolt Display, macOS Monterey, ADI-2 DAC V.1, Hifiman Arya V.1

146 (edited by grievousangel 2023-12-05 23:46:10)

I installed the Remote App on my Mac Studio. Appears to work as it should!

Other suggestions?

Thanks, Billy

GrievousAngel
Live Sound & Recording Studio Owner
Severely influenced by Rock'n Roll!
ADI-2 Pro FS

147 (edited by KH310 User 2023-12-07 06:31:33)

I'm unable to select a sample rate in the UI, is this normal? My device is set to 44.1 even though amazon music reports the stream is 96

Edit: I was able to change the sample rate using "C:\Windows\System32\madifaceusb.exe"
Is changing sample rates from ADI-2 Remote planned for a future release?
Also would like to see the ability to lock the in app controls on a specific output while leaving the on device and IR remote operations working. Is this possible? It seems easy to mis-click and make a mistake if the UI is left unlocked, but then I can't change the music volume with the remote anymore.

KH310 User wrote:

I'm unable to select a sample rate in the UI, is this normal? My device is set to 44.1 even though amazon music reports the stream is 96

Edit: I was able to change the sample rate using "C:\Windows\System32\madifaceusb.exe"

When USB is connected, the host always dominates the sample rate, so it cannot be changed inside ADI-2.
The ADI-2 Remote app per se is changing settings on the device only, not in the host’s system.

KaiS wrote:
KH310 User wrote:

When USB is connected, the host always dominates the sample rate, so it cannot be changed inside ADI-2.
The ADI-2 Remote app per se is changing settings on the device only, not in the host’s system.

Got it, yeah it was weird that Amazon music wasn't trying to set the sample rate on the device. I think it would be useful to add a tooltip beside the displayed sample rate in app to direct users to use the madifaceusb.exe app to change sample rate if they wanted to override it.

Viennacalling wrote:

I would like to have an additional option LOCK which LOCKS all except volume control (LOCK-V could be the fieldname)
So adi-2 pro without remote control would habe a great remote volume control without setting some values by mistake

I am always hitting the balance by correcting the volume remote

Is there any trick to fix the balance?

Adi-2 Pro, Adi-2 Dac Fs