1 (edited by Notherman 2023-10-05 09:35:15)

Topic: UFX III Frequent audio glitches on newest Driver and Firmware

As the topic says, I'm experiencing annoying audio glitches every five to ten minutes or so with my UFX III. I'm on an M1 Pro MacBook Pro with macOS Sonoma, running the Fireface directly into the computer over USB. The Fireface driver is 4.08 and firmware is 20. I was having these same issues on an earlier driver version and Monterey, but was hoping that Apple's core audio fixes for Sonoma would've helped. Looks like they didn't, but the sound of them has changed. It's hard to explain, but it's different from before. Yes, I've deleted the old kernel extension. I'm inclined to downgrading the driver if that would have any effect, but at least my computer doesn't kernel panic any more when turning off the Fireface without quitting Fireface settings and totalmix any more, which is an improvement.

EDIT: You're fee to point a finger at me and rudely say that I shouldn't be on Sonoma, but at least tell me that Sonoma support is on it's way soon. Pro Tools is quite much more stable on Somona even though it isn't officially supported yet, so I'd love to stick around.

FireFace UFX III
MacBook Pro M1 Pro (Sonoma)

Re: UFX III Frequent audio glitches on newest Driver and Firmware

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 63#p208363

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I am experiencing the same glitches with my UFX III in Sonoma on my M1 Max. I've updated to 4.09 / v20, and the same issues are present.

I connected my UFX III to my CalDigit hub and things actually seemed to get a little better for a while. I saw that a new flash update was available on 10/15/23. After updating, the glitches started again.

Any ideas why this is happening?

4 (edited by ramses 2023-10-19 16:18:55)

Did you try all USB ports when you connected directly to the computer
and *nothing else* connected to other USB ports?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Did you try all USB ports when you connected directly to the computer
and *nothing else* connected to other USB ports?

Yes I have. Audio is still glitching with only the UFX III plugged in and nothing else.

If you're not using MADI, did you try it in USB 2.0 mode? It often helps.

hselters wrote:

If you're not using MADI, did you try it in USB 2.0 mode? It often helps.

Yes, I’ve tried it with a USB 2 cable. I’m still getting dropouts.

ramses wrote:

Now we troubleshoot the same issue in two threads, oh dear wink

This one which you "hijacked" for you ;-) and then the new one which you additionally opened.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 07#p209707

Can we agree on deleting everything here and to use only your other thread where you also made a nice overview of your hardware?

Sure.