Topic: RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition setup with Audient ID22

Hey guys, just going to pull the trigger with the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition and i would like to setup it with my Audient ID22

The goal is to be able to record my hardware machines to Audient / Daw Ableton live,  then listen the audio by the RME Adi2 interface.
So ,the Neumanns kh 120 monitors to RME ADI outs but not sure how to connect the Audient/ RME here with this configuration

Does anybody have a similar setup that can give a help ?

Peace out

Re: RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition setup with Audient ID22

Toslink cable from Audient to ADI-2.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

ID 22---Optical Out------------TOSLINK--------------->ADAT IN---ADI-2 Pro FS---AN1/2--->Monitor
        \---Optical IN<------------TOSLINK---------------ADAT OUT----/             \----AN3/4--->Phones

Clock Master                                                                           Clock Slave

See my blog for the setup of the ADI-2 Pro:

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Manny thanks for the help guys
Unfortunatly it didnt arrive yet. Hope it next week

I replied to your other thread and aren't really sure why you'd want the ADI-2 Pro.  Audient gear is really good... I've got several of their mic pres in our studio facility.  Any differences in D/A conversion between the two is likely to be un-noticeable.

ericseaberg wrote:

I replied to your other thread and aren't really sure why you'd want the ADI-2 Pro.  Audient gear is really good... I've got several of their mic pres in our studio facility.  Any differences in D/A conversion between the two is likely to be un-noticeable.

Manny thanks for your answer !

Well , mainly because i thought that it would give me much better listening from my setup.
Also im planning to do some mastering in the future

Just received the Rme Adi 2 pro black and im delightfull with it, superb sound quality !!

Now have some hardware and wanna print to Ableton Live.
My current setup is the Adi 2 pro + Audient ID22 and are connected by toshlik.

Audient is slaved to ADI and hardware comes in Audient 1/2 INS but cannot rec it in Ableton, what am i missing here ?

Does anyone has same hardware that can give a help please ?

How are you feeding Ableton? I assume you're NOT using the USB on the Audient, but USB on the ADI2?  This would be setup (on a Mac) in Audio/MIDI setup. You'd pass the SPDIF from the Audient through ADI2 using USB as your record option. Have you setup the ADI2 as multi-channel or simply stereo?

ericseaberg wrote:

How are you feeding Ableton? I assume you're NOT using the USB on the Audient, but USB on the ADI2?  This would be setup (on a Mac) in Audio/MIDI setup. You'd pass the SPDIF from the Audient through ADI2 using USB as your record option. Have you setup the ADI2 as multi-channel or simply stereo?

I assume you're NOT using the USB on the Audient,
Ups, i am. It was my setup before Adi arrived.
Ok, so i should disconnect usb Audient to Mac ?