1 (edited by thedukewestern 2024-04-20 15:27:32)

Topic: Windows to Mac transition

Hello!  Ive used a fireface ufx2 for 4 years with my windows computer, and recently installed a mac studio, and am transitioning production duties to this system.  I REALLY LOVED how flexible I was able to get totalmix to function inside of the windows platform via the WDM Functions, but dont really understand (yet) core audio.  Most of my questions circle around the streaming and video conferencing scenarios:

Via the Fireface USB SETTINGS ->WDM functions in windows, I was able to use my AES output as my loopback bus, differentiating it from my stereo feed to the monitors here.   This was convenient because I could simply choose "AES" as my input source in Zoom, and Google Chrome (sessionwire) etc.   I could also make my headphone outputs available to these services as well.   Is there anything like this available in MAC?   

when I open Audio Midi Settings in Mac, the "configure Device" is greyed out on every audio device?  I feel like I "Should" be able to tell the computer to be able to look at some of the I/O on my interface in a similar manner to what I did in windows?  On Mac, do the consumer level programs only look at channels 1 and two? Thanks for reading =-)

Re: Windows to Mac transition

thedukewestern wrote:

On Mac, do the consumer level programs only look at channels 1 and two? Thanks for reading =-)

Hi
Sadly yes, that’s a downside of core audio.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

3 (edited by maggie33 2024-04-21 08:54:54)

Is there anything like this available in MAC?

In Audio Midi Setup in Output Settings, you can assign other Channels for Stereo/Surround than 1/2.  Or you can play around with the aggregated devices Option.

I dont get, what you exactly mean with „greyed out“? The volume sliders?

Its definetly possible to map the standard Stereo outs for consumer apps to custom outputs on your rme device without any 3rd party sw.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

I explored details here, as its a similar thread:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 88#p218588

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard