Topic: Should I Update?

I just purchased my FF 800 a few days ago and installed the drivers etc from the included disc onto my new Mac Pro . The version number of the drivers that came with it is 2.62.
I've been on this forum looking at the threads and post, and some users that updated to 2.66 on a Mac Pro aren't very happy with the results. I also see a lot of the users have Logic as their main DAW, and maybe this combination of FF 800 drivers, Snow Leopard OS, and Logic just isn't working smooth right now . My main DAW was Pro Tools LE, but now on my new Mac Pro I record and mix in Propellerhead's Record as my main recording workstation. I don't know if that'll make a difference but I was curious to know if I should update to 2.66 or just stay where I'm at until all these issues get resolved. I do realize that 2.66 has quite a few bug fixes that may be necessary to get the best out of the FF 800, but to tell you the truth, I don't want any headaches. Please help.

Thanks

Re: Should I Update?

Leave comments please!ed:

Can admin or a moderator help me out?

Bump!

Just hang in a tiny bit longer...

FF400 v1.69/v2.71 (bus powered) | MacPro 2009/8-core/12 GB/TI | 10.6.3 (32) | Logic 9.1.1 (64)

Hi Logico,

Thanks for being the brave one and leaving a post! You say to hang in there for a tiny bit. Fill me in?

I leave this to RME cool Just stay tuned, it might be worthwhile...

FF400 v1.69/v2.71 (bus powered) | MacPro 2009/8-core/12 GB/TI | 10.6.3 (32) | Logic 9.1.1 (64)

Thanks! I try to be patient:-)

You could try the latest driver, 2.71: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fireface_x86.zip

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Beatmaker E.I. wrote:

Thanks! I try to be patient:-)

See, told ya :-)