Topic: MADIface channel assignments change on their own

My channel input and output assignments change by themselves (at all sample rates) in Cubase 5.01,Mac OSX.5.8, Drivers are v2.72, MADIface Firmware is Rev.11, Serial#2284916

I don't know if it's Cubase related or something on RMEs end but the same card and set up is stable in a Windows 7(32) machine.

I'm using an SSL AlphaLinkAX MADI as an a/d and the clock master on a the following MacBookPro

Model Name:    MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacBookPro3,1
  Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:    2.2 GHz
  Number Of Processors:    1
  Total Number Of Cores:    2
  L2 Cache:    4 MB
  Memory:    4 GB
  Bus Speed:    800 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:    MBP31.0070.B07
  SMC Version (system):    1.16f11

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Re: MADIface channel assignments change on their own

Can you be more specific? What exactly changes? Is it changing when you change the sample rate?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by flang2010 2010-07-20 00:22:46)

In Cubase 5 "VST Connections" window (under MacOS X5.8) the bus output assignments jump to channels which were not selected by any action on my part. After I select (control click on a bus), for example, bus Stereo out left to HDSPe MADI (PCI slot3) channel 23 and close the selection window, Stereo out left will reassign to channel 17 or channel 7 etc., after I close the selection window. In order to eliminate clumsy mouse technique as variable, I wrote and selected assignments via a bus assignment "preset" and the same thing happened.
The channel assigments do change in a predictable way when I go between 48kHz and 96kHz, but these unpredictable changes happen without a change in the sample rate at all four sample rates available on the Aplha.
Thanks, I hope this is clear enough.

Does not seem likely to be an RME issue. There are several Cubase patches since 5.01, why don't you try updating?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.