Topic: Rme qs and hammerfall aes-32 setup

Hie!

I just bought an RME ADI-8 QS converter and HDSP AES-32 cards.

I`m kind of a medium, not quite a newbie on this area, but I have only used my Onyx400f for recording and mixing till now.

I use Tracktion3 software cause it`s the easiest and fastest for me when working with audio (I am also trained in protools, but since I play and record 60-70`s rock music, I dont need all the features in PT, just plug and play guitars, drums, basses.....)

I need help setting up my new system, so I dont make any fatal mistakes with my gear.....etc!

How do I connect the QS and the AES-32 to my computer\old interface and my reference monitors to get the best possible sound quality when mixing\recording and bouncing mixes to tape?

This is my gear: PC-intel duo 2x2.2Ghz 4gbram windows xp
                                  Universal Audio LA-610
                                  SSL Channel strip (one channel)
                                  Soundcraft Spirit m-8 series mixer
                                  Mackie Onyx400f soundcard
                                  RME ADI-8 QS and Hammerfall DSP AES-32 cards
                                  Tascam 8-channel reel to reel tape recorder (with sync?)

Thanks a lot to anyone helping me out-Thomas:)

Re: Rme qs and hammerfall aes-32 setup

Hi Thomas,

Connect the ADI-8 QS to the HDSP AES-32 with a 25 pin Tascam AES/EBU cable, like this.

Other than this, it's quite straightforward; outs go to ins, ins go to outs. The 400f is not much use any more, unless you want to use it stand alone as a mic preamp. Then you would just use the analog outs of the 400f.

If you're having trouble with something specific, please let me know.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.