Topic: Fireface800 Software Playback Channels and Adat

I'm using A fireface800 with Cubase 5.5 on an intel macbook. All drivers and firmware up to date. I also have a behringer 8 channel ADAT preamp attached.

I only see 8 playback channels from Cubase in totalmix. Should I be able to see more?

I would like to route a total of 16 channels from cubase via the fireface into a 16 channel analogue mixer using a combination of the analogue outputs and 8 ADAT outputs.

I can route audio from the playback channels to the adat outputs without a problem using the matrix. My main problem is that I only see 8 channels of playback in total mix! Cubase has no problem seeing the ADAT outputs through the (f4) in/out busses control panel and I know how to set up and route to buses. I just need to see at least 16 playback channels in Totalmix!

I've probably missed something veru obvious. Please help.

Re: Fireface800 Software Playback Channels and Adat

Where exactly do you see these channels and what do you see?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

In cubase I can see all fireface outputs including adat through device setup and through track routing options. In the fireface mixer I see only 8 faders in the middle row when I would expect to see the same amount as I do in the top and bottom rows. I'm pretty sure in previous driver versions I have seen more and I'm confident that when using the same interface on a pc with cubase 4 I have seen a full row of faders. What I actually see now is 8 faders then a huge grey space to the right of them. I can't take a screen shot right now will try to if needed later on

Have you checked the "Limit Bandwidth" option in the FF settigs dialog?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by S-E Hansson 2010-11-17 23:39:24)

Hi,

Check "Bandwidth Limit" in Fireface Settings dialog
and if using higher sample rate than 44.1, 48 kHz then
TotalMix will show less channels !

edit: Daniel was faster...

regards S-EH

Problem Solved! Thank you for the speedy answers! It was the bandwith limit.