Topic: HDSP 9652 Win XP post SP3 32bit new driver / firmware wont install

having same issue here with new driver. card previously ran fine, did a fresh install o/s, see new driver and now this.

card works fine with old drivers.

I am running win xp post-sp3 32bit all updates, i tried updating java , flash etc to see if could run.. but the flash update doesnt run.

I'm assuming its the new drivers won't interface with the card properly until firmware is updated.

Same issue I see new mixer icon in system tray but wont open mixer when double click or right click - mixer ...

I first installed the slightly older driver still on the download page, then 'updated driver' to the new one, it installs the same as JeffM with windows warning etc.

Windows after installing says ' must reboot before using' so I did this and it hung for 30 minutes on windows load up!
I force shutdown with power button 5 seconds, restart, 'start windows normally', same thing again!
I shutdown again restart start windows last known good configuration and i'm back. I updated the driver again just now and said 'no' to restart.

I try the firmware update again but still no luck..

I'll restart in a minute and hopefully can get back to windows

I didnt know there was win 7 64 bit driver for 9652, so if this fails I will try putting it into my windows 7 64 bit ultimate machine. But I just did a fresh install my older PC because I thought you didnt have 64bit driver, so I used older machine P4 ht for fresh o/s install and max 3GB ram just for RME usage.

But I would much rather use a better CPU with it.

Re: HDSP 9652 Win XP post SP3 32bit new driver / firmware wont install

An update- the card DEFINITELY works, I just uninstalled and used driver 2.11 (what i've been using since I got the card). It works fine again.

So the problem is, you update to the new driver, the driver won't work without the firmware. The mixer wont open etc. If you try to install the firmware, that doesn't work either!

One new thing to note - when I tried installing the 9652 again clean with 3.85 or whatever latest is, after reboot, windows asks 'are you sure you want to run this file?' 'ask every time you run this file', for mixer and the settings icon. With 2.11, 'digi96.exe' runs without this query.

Also, after installing the new driver, uninstalling the device prior had no removed the 3.85 mixer and overlay icons, so they all started together with now working digi96.exe. So for now before deleting these files, I just click 'cancel' when security warning comes up asking if you want to run the files.

It would be great if you could get the firmware fixed, i'd love to use this card in my new desktop build.. I just spent months seperating the uses of my computers so that this old machine would be recording & production only.. when in past I always use my BEST machine for this, and lesser machines for surfing, games etc.

This was a mistake, not an RME issue. You have a DIGI 96/52 and you tried to install drivers for the HDSP 9652 card.

v2.11 was the last driver made for the old, long discontinued DIGI cards. You can uninstall the HDSP stuff using the Add/remove programs feature in control panel.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

4 (edited by lastninja 2010-11-28 07:19:51)

argh so I still cant use this card for 64 bit Win 7 new build machine with more than 3GB ram???

I only bought this card second hand a couple of years ago and just getting my head around now that I have some time.

I think it is very bad support that you won't provide an updated driver for hammerfall 9652.

I don't have $2000 AUD for a fireface 800 nor do I need it considering my laptop only has USB. I would like one but I wanted one when I bought my RME hammerfall 9652.. and of course could not afford it.

What is the lowest/cheapest model I should be able to find 2nd hand that will work with 64 bit o/s such as windows 7 ?

HDSP 9652. And it was available a 'couple of years ago' too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME