1 (edited by Moshiko 2010-12-17 00:47:00)

Topic: Missing Channels in DigiCheck with UFX

Hi,
Two small bugs I found in DigiCheck (last version - 5.32) with FF UFX (USB):

1. When "ASIO" is selected, channels ADAT 15-16 are missing in the "Input Device Setup" dialog.
Also, when Totalyser is selected, "Hardware Level" option is disabled - why is that?*)
UPDATE: These channels are missing only when UFX is connected via USB. When connected via FW, they appear.

Workaround:
Switch to "2-Bar Level Meter", select "Hardware Level" and "ADAT 15/16" channels, and then switch back to "Totalyser" - it's working smile

2. Some windows are not affected by colors settings from the "System Settings" dialog. *)

Thanks.

*) EDIT: According to the manual, that's how the "Hardware" option and colors settings suppose to work.

Re: Missing Channels in DigiCheck with UFX

Latest driver/firmware?

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Everything has latest version:
DC - 5.32
UFX Driver - 0.964
Firmware: 342 / 110 / 336

Here is a screenshot of DC showing the problem:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9012/84096126.jpg

Thanks.

Moshiko wrote:

Also, when Totalyser is selected, "Hardware Level" option is disabled - why is that?

That's a limitation of the Totalyzer, not a bug!

Dandruff wrote:

That's a limitation of the Totalyzer, not a bug!

But as I wrote above, if I switch to "2-Bar Level Meter", select some 2 channels , and then switch back to "Totalyser" - it's working on that channels. So, is it really a limitation?

Maybe that's  a display bug then. Hardware metering is not possible with the analyser, totalszer, bit statistics (as written in the manual).

7 (edited by Moshiko 2010-12-16 21:48:33)

Dandruff wrote:

Maybe that's  a display bug then. Hardware metering is not possible with the analyser, totalszer, bit statistics (as written in the manual).

You are right: The manual says "... the option Hardware is only available for the Level Meters".
About the unaffected colors, the manual also says: "This setting does not affect Spectral Analyser and Vector Audio Scope".
So apparently these are not bugs but features... :-)

But still, there is a bug that ADAT 15-16 channels are missing in the dialog when "ASIO" is selected.
I can select these channels only if I switch to Hardware (on another function that supports it) and then switch back to Totalyser.
Anyone from RME Support can approve that?

UPDATE:
While testing latency diffrences between USB and FW, I found out that the ADAT 15-16 channels are missing only when UFX is connected via USB.  When UFX is connected via FW, they appear as expected.

Hope that helps.

Here is a quick fix for you (and any other UFX user):

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/di … win533.zip

This is only the updated exe, no installer. New complete version coming later.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks a lot Mattias, it's fixed now :-)

BTW, yesterday I was checking the INF files of both USB and FW driver installations,
and saw that these channels are missing also in the fireface.inf file (FW driver),
under the [firefaceUX.AddReg] group:
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%GUID.FFUXF%,Name,,"ADAT 2 (7+8)"
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%GUID.FFUXF%,Display,1,00,00,00,00

Just to let you know. It seems like you didn't add these lines unintentionally.

Thanks again and have a great weekend smile

:-O :roll fryingpan

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

lol

Fixed version 3.034 is on the web. The reason that this stayed undiscovered is that most people install the USB driver as well. There the entries exist and work also for the FW installation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks again Matthias :-)