Topic: Babyface/d:fine, no sound

My OS is Linux Mint 16
I have recently purchased the Babyface and a DPA d:fine microphone. 

Microphone is attached to the breakout XLR 3-prong via an adapter.

I start the Babyface in class-compliant mode (holding the 2 buttons while plugging in USB power) and my system recognizes the sound card. . .but there is no input sound from the microphone.

Any help would be appreciated

Kind Regards,

-MycoMage

Re: Babyface/d:fine, no sound

Is there something burningly obvious that I'm missing?  I am not well-versed in recording tech yet

I called tech support for DPA, the gentleman there said it was most likely because the soundcard (Babyface) was not giving any power to the d:fine

As I am connected mic->adapter (http://www.avlgear.com/dad6001-dpa-dad6 … r-adapter/) ->breakout-cable -> Babyface -> laptop, what would be the method to give >= 5V to the microphone?

Called tech support for CCI Solutions. . .a pleasant gentleman by the name of Shane explained some things to me re: 48V phantom power.

There is no orange light at the bottom of the display indicating 48v is on, and the TotalMix FX program is not available on linux

QUESTION:  Will buying the optional power supply provide the 48V phantom power, since I do not have a way to access TotalMix FX, or is there another way to toggle the 48V on/off?

From the manual:

48V Phantom power on/off
Use Select key and select “In” 
Push the Encoder to select the desired channel (left, right, both)
Push and hold the encoder until the orange 48V LED(s) turn on/off.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

A thousand thanks, issue is resolved