1 (edited by foldaway 2014-12-16 19:16:03)

Topic: (SOLVED) HDSPe PCIe card firmware update not working

Hi,

I have a Multiface 2 + HDSPe PCIe card.  I have installed the latest 4.04 drivers & am trying to update the firmware on the HDSPe PCIe card.

Using the latest Flash Update Tool (v2.33), it shows the Hardware revision : HDSP PCIe. Rev 18 & Programming Status : Not updated.

On 1st Update attempt it stalled on 'erasing' for a few seconds then said complete.  However after powerdown & restart the hardware revision was still rev 18.

The 2nd time it showed 'erasing' then 'programming' all the way to 100% & appeared to complete successfully.  After powering down completely & restarting, the hardware revision is still : Rev 18! 

I have tried this multiple times without success.  I have tried running as administrator & running without antivirus active but this did not help.

Any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks,
Rich

ps. System: OS = 64bit Win 8.1 Pro; MB = MSI X79A-GD45+; CPU =  i7 4930K

UPDATE:

Got it to work!
1: Run the FW update as administrator with the multiface IO unplugged during update
2: After powering down, I switched the slot the HSDPe PCI card was in to a PCIe x1 slot (was in x16 slot)

Re: (SOLVED) HDSPe PCIe card firmware update not working

Just wanted to say thank you. Had exactly the same problem, both in a HDSPe PCIe and a HDSPe expresscard and I spent a LONG time trying to solve it until I saw this post.

Everything done in Windows 8.1

For the HDSPe PCIe, the solution posted by Foldaway worked like charm:

1: Run the FW update as administrator with the multiface IO unplugged during update
2: After powering down, I switched the slot the HSDPe PCI card was into any other compatible slot

For the HDSPe expresscard, the solution was more tricky:

1: Run the FW update as administrator with the multiface IO unplugged during update as soon as your laptop starts up. I don't know why, once the Hamerfall and Totalmix were loadad, my computer was not able to perform the update without failing. So for me it was critical to execute the updater just after the OS loaded.

2: After powering down, remove physically the card from the express card slot. Turn off your computer, turn it on, and then turn it off again. Re insert the card without connecting the multiface and power up the computer.