Topic: Hidden settings tab in Win 7

Hi,
I have a problem with the settings tab under the windows 7. After the installation 4.04 driver I can not open the settings window even if it is possible to open the TotalMix window. This is quite disturbing as I can not change any setting even the clock or buffer size. The driver seems to work and is installed fine.
Does anyone have met the similar situation?

Re: Hidden settings tab in Win 7

More details, please. What does " I can not open the settings window" refer to exactly?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Current driver version is 4.06.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,
There is an icon in right-bottom corner of desktop where used to - and is - located the shortcut to settings panel - the main window of RME card settings. Today I can not open this panel nor right nor left click and as I know it is the only way to get to this settings.
It happens also with 4.06 version even after the deinstalation and installation the new driver.

What RME product and which firmware?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

RayDat. Latest firmware.

You updated from which driver?

Start Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-ESC) and kill hdsp32.exe. It should vanish then from the notification area. Got to Windows\System32 and start it again. Can you open it now?

You use TotalMix or TotalMix FX?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I did kill the hdsp32.exe and loaded it again. The same result. Icon in notification area, no response for the click.
I use TotalMix Fx ver. 1.04

1.04 is part of driver 4.04. That means the update to 4.06 did not work?

Can you put the card into a different PCIe slot?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

As I mentioned I've tried 4.04 and 4.06 both. I am not sure if we are going in right direction: what the software has in common with the PCI slot?  It sticks there for few years and everything was ok.

Can you go back to the previous driver to check that the hardware is still fully working?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Oh, and you should check the hdsp32.exe found in system32, date and version, if it is really the right one or an older 3.x.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hardware is working anyway. -I mean the card and the driver - I just can't change the settings - like the buffer size, sampling frequency etc.
the hdsp32.exe is 4.0.4.0 so the right one.

Update: I found that the ASIO driver is working ok but in windows system (sound) I see only ADAT (9-16) input and output - spdif or other channels.

Can you tell me where is the settings file/directory for TotalMix and DSP settings in Windows directory? - I try to do a total fresh installation.