Topic: Non destructive Solo in place - is it possible?

I am mixing my live mix during a recording with TotalmixFX. Is it possible to Solo input channels to my monitors without soloing them on the main mix?
Let's say I have my main mix to 1-2.
I am listening to this with Phones1, which are routed to 3-4 and mirror the output 1-2.
Solo destroys my main mix.
I can switch to PFL and send PFL to Phones1, that works.
But if I want to listen to single microphones with the correct panning and fader this is not possible.

Did I miss something?
Of course this question only arises, because TotalmixFX is getting better and better, and I love the new mirror feature!

Georg

Re: Non destructive Solo in place - is it possible?

What you can do is removing the sync between the two outputs by using Copy instead of Mirror at a certain point. Otherwise there is no way to let Solo do work differently, and PFL is indeed the exact solution intended for this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Non destructive Solo in place - is it possible?

Thanks Mathias,
Yes copy would work, but only as long as I do not change my mix. And I do it constantly.
Maybe you could think about implementing a non destructive solo bus somewhere in the future. All we would need is an option to define main/phones as our Solo bus.
As far as I can see the design is already there in TotalmixFX, all we would need is a different solo behaviour.

Thanks for considering.
Georg