1 (edited by ramses 2019-09-02 09:27:29)

Topic: Best Wordclock cabling between RayDAT WCM Module, UFX, OctoPre

Hi

I am about to buy a RayDAT with WCM module additionally to my current setup
I need advice in terms of best Wordclock cabling and best technical results (WC jitter, etc)

In this PDF you see 3 different cabling scenarios
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/961 … ctoPre.pdf
"Option A" - two RG-75 cables originating from the RayDAT WCM WC out ports
"Option B" - in series without T-connector
"Option C" - in series with T-connector

My questions:
1) are all 3 cablings (option A-C) technically valid (pls look, whether termination is proper at all devices)
2) do you agree that "option B" is probably the best solution

I personally like "option B" because:
- I only require one additional RG-75 cable (3m in length between RayDAT and the rack with UFX and OctoPre)
- I do not require a T-Connector, so one part less which might become broken ...

Thanks a lot

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Best Wordclock cabling between RayDAT WCM Module, UFX, OctoPre

In the RME WCM manual I read that RMEs "Steady Clock" technology excludes any potential disadvantages that WC may bring along.

When I want to make use of the full potential of Steady Clock in terms of signal quality and less jitter etc ...

Shall I use WC then in my setup with only 3 devices ? Or is this unnecessary overhead ?

Does WC would bring advantages in terms of audio quality because of even less clock Jitter ?

Or is WC only advises in other scenarios and I could achieve exactly the same quality by using clock sync via ADAT between those devices ?

OctoPre Preamp and UFX (used as a pre-amp) would finally be connected to the RayDAT via ADAT.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13