Topic: Quadmic Ubuntu Studio

Hi everybody,

I'm new in this forum and in ubuntu studio. I've got a RME 400 and just buyed a quadmic. I've connected the two, line out of the quadmic and line in 5 in the RME 400. Nothing happen. The RME 400 works but the quadmic do nothing even if there is power supply.
Is this possible to connect quadmic and fireface 400? Do i have to put the fireface 400 on bus position? Do i have to use only a trs balanced jack for this kind of connection? Do i have to change something in the ffado mixer?
Thank you for your reply.
Best regards
Xav

Re: Quadmic Ubuntu Studio

Hello,

Should be quite simple and straightforward to connect the QuadMic line out to the Fireface line in, you should use TRS balanced but a TS unbalanced cable will work as well. Does your mic require phantom power? If so, push the 48V switch on the QuadMic front panel.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. In fact it was supid, the power supply cable wasn't pushed enough!
The trouble i 've got now is to assign the lines in 48v of the quadmic in ardour. The quadmic lines do not appear in patchage and others.

Salutations

Xavier

They should appear as  capture 5 (Line in 5) in the jackports. Don't look for a quadmic in ardour or jack, it is plugged analog so no way, that your computer knows what you plugged in.