1 (edited by stevenschau 2015-12-22 16:18:12)

Topic: Frustrating Problem with 9632 Installation

Hey Friends,

I'm writing to you because I can't see what is wrong or what I did wrong. I worked through the Manual of my new HDSP 9632. So I first plugged the Soundcard into my PCI-Bus. After this, the HDSP was recognized by the PC successfully and I installed the new driver for version 4.12. Everything went fine so I restarted my PC and after Booting successfully it shows that the Soundcard was installed successfully (all I/O-Channesl were shown in the "Sound Devices" Window). The Card itself is also shown as "working with the newest drivers" in Devices Manager...

So... after setting up ("Settings") the HDSP to make ANALOG 1/2 Channels as an output I switched to my PC Sound Devices and selected the Channel as standard sound output to make the parallel STEREO Headphone Output work (because I wanted to listen via Headphones).

But.... I CANT get any sound signal. this drives me nuts after all these days. If I "test" the Soundcard (Richtclick-> Test) nothing happens - no sound and no changing soundlevel. If I start music (Windows Media Player and VLC) nothing happens either.

I already updated my BIOS. But it didn't change anything. I don't know what to do. The RME Support I contacted couldn't help me. Maybe you guys have a hint what I can do to fix this ? I would be so thankful....

Have some relaxing Christmas days!

btw. Iam using Windows Vista 64bit. Having a AMI - Motherboard from 2011

Re: Frustrating Problem with 9632 Installation

If you want to access the card from Windows, then you need to create WDM devices 1st.

Hammerfall DSP Settings -> WDM Devices, push button configure.

If it is similar to the RayDAT, then you select here which of your PCI cards interfaces shall get WDM devices created for Windows (so everything which is not ASIO aware, the usual Windows sound system).

What you potentially forgot is to look one beginner Video to understand the concept of Totalmix. Its less a normal mixing console, its something kind of optimized for headphone mixes.

Easiest is to select "Submix Mode" in totalmix.
Assign AN1/2 to be "Main Out".
Klick to "Main" in the control room section of TM.
Then you need to unmute those  channels, which shall send their signal to this Monitor out.
You might also need to adjust the level with the faders.

So click on an output and then adjust for this particular output all Hardware Inputs and Software Playback channels.

If an application under Windows creates sound, then it will show up in the Software Playback channels in TM.

So you need to adjust this for each of the outputs.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by stevenschau 2015-12-22 18:54:29)

Hey ramses,

thank you for your help! I did every step you mentioned. (I was setting up the WDM Device AN 1/2 as a Speaker for Windows the last time too)

There is still no signal. I attached an image, where I have music playing with VLC in background but nothing happens in TM...
Do you or do the other readers have any idea why it is still not working? It makes me crazy....

P.S.The Audio Main Output in Windows "Sound" is also set for AN 1/2...
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151222/9nayc82b.jpg

Your picture shows the outdated TotalMix, not the TotalMix FX which is part of the the 4.12 driver. You installed an older RME driver, it seems. Maybe even more is screwed up then...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME