Topic: RME 9652 PCI mono to stereo Loopback?

Hello I recently asked in the forum how to convert a mono microphone signal to a stereo signal using my RME802 and got the advice to use loopback. That works nice. So I thought I could use the same thing my RME 9652, but there is no Loopback for it beacuse it is not an FX version of the 9652 card. I got the 802 because  I like RME for the excellent driver support and features that you have added to totalmix in the past, can you please add one more for me? Add the Loopback or a "mono to stereo" input button for 9652 in totalmix? That would really make it a whole lot better for podcasting.

Re: RME 9652 PCI mono to stereo Loopback?

If not used otherwise, just create a physical loopback with the SPDIF I/O (RCA cable) or one of the ADATs (Toslink).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

If not used otherwise, just create a physical loopback with the SPDIF I/O (RCA cable) or one of the ADATs (Toslink).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

A bit more complicated, but if it will work I can try it here. Can you describe how to do that? Do you simply mean to attach an ADAT cable from say ADATout 32 to ADATin 3?

Yes, or RCA to RCA on the breakout for SPDIF.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by naturligasteg 2016-07-22 09:39:35)

Ok, at first I did not understand what you meant by the RCA connectors, but now I realize that you mean the serial breakout. After all these years not ever using that port I doubt I can find the breakout cable any more. The box is long gone and if I have that cable it is somewhere with  all hundreds of other miscellaneous cables. Can I make it work with a ADAT ins and outs instead?

Yes, as Daniel already said.

One TosLink cable from in to out ADAT ports will give you 8 loopback channels @48 kHz, or 4 @ 96 kHz.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...