1 (edited by tobs 2016-09-15 08:46:13)

Topic: SOLVED hdspe 407 driver does not work with OSX 10.11.6 & Logic 10.2.4

I've just installed the latest hdspe 407 driver version in clean installed El Capitan 10.11.6.
Now Logic 10.2.4  can't receive Midi messages from my master keyboard (Digiface shows the incoming messages via Led but they do not reach Logic Pro X). If I go to the Mac OSX Audio MIDIi Setup, the MIDI Setup window will not open its content and takes Total Mix out of work as well (both programs are not responding anymore)
The hdspe 407 version works fine with Logic 10.2.0 in Mavericks on my other ssd

I have two HDSPe PCI cards installed but only one Digiface connected to one card at the moment. Therefore OSX Audio MIDIi Setup states a Multiface for the PCI card that has nothing connected (I have a second Digiface that I could connect if an "empty" card has something to do with the issue I have)

If not instantly fixable I like to go back to the hdspe 406 version and try it with Logic 10.2.4 in El Capitan 10.11.6.
How do I uninstall the current 407 driver if I like to go back to 406 -or will the 406 version just override the current 407 version?

Thanks in advance

Re: SOLVED hdspe 407 driver does not work with OSX 10.11.6 & Logic 10.2.4

Isn't that the known AvidCoreAudioPlugin effect, stopping the latest TM FX from working? But that would not be a 'clean install' then.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24083

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by tobs 2016-09-14 08:23:08)

MC wrote:

Isn't that the known AvidCoreAudioPlugin effect, stopping the latest TM FX from working? But that would not be a 'clean install' then.

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24083

Thanks for the reply
I'm not aware of this and I have also not installed any Avid product. Therefore I should not have the AvidCoreAudioPlugin in the HAL folder right (I had a look anyway and could not find this Avid PlugIn)?

My installation procedure:
El Capitan Install > RME 4.07 driver install (audio for the Mac itself is working fine via RME Hdspe card and Digiface)> Logic 10.2.4 install = problems as described when using Logic

Just to find a quick solution. Would it be possible for me to install the former 4.06 driver over the actual 4.07 driver?

Thanks

Sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Sure.

Thanks
I've just solved the problem. Everything works as it should
In short. With two HDSPe cards installed both digiface devices need to be connected to the cards after the execution of a whole new OSX installation and when setting  the OSX AUDIO MIDI SetUp. As mentioned earlier the HDSPe card without a Digiface connected got interpreted as Multiface. It seems that stirred the trouble. After having both Digifaces connected everything works

Good to know. Thanks for clearing this up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME