Topic: Multiple Asio Direct Monitoring with RME HDSPe MADI and Cubase/Nuendo

Hi
Can someone please confirm that Multiple Asio Direct Monitoring with RME HDSPe MADI works with Nuendo 7?
I'm considering an upgrade for my studio and MADI seems to be the way to go because of the required cable length.
With my present MOTU setup (which has served me well for many years), I can only get one mix of Direct Monitoring
working at a time, but I need at least four simultaneously. Apparently the MOTU/Nuendo combo does not support MADM,
and I'm forced to use the MOTU Cuemix software which is time consuming and not very convenient.

I know Totlamix is available with the RME cards in question but I do not want to move between software, but instead keep it all in Nuendo for convenience if possible. So, if there is someone with first hand experience of a working RME HDSPe MADI (FX)/Nuendo (or Cubase) setup, please share your insights.

Thanx!
/Bauer

Re: Multiple Asio Direct Monitoring with RME HDSPe MADI and Cubase/Nuendo

I don't have Nuendo 7, but RME supports multiple ADM from the beginning (I am astonished to hear that there are others that don't...).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

If not Nuendo, what software have you used Multiple Asio Direct Monitoring with? How many simulatenous mixes?
Thanks,
Bauer

Our ASIO ADM engine is used in industrial and broadcast installations where multiple ADM is used to control the DSP mixer. ADM basically has the same limit as normal TotalMix mixing - half the numbers of existing outputs can be used as ADM controlled stereo outputs.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Good news, thank you!

I have a follow up question before deciding on at new system setup based on the HDSPe MADI FX.
Since I'm considering 2 x SPL Madison for the front end (32 ch in/out), I'm wondering about the best way to clock the entire setup. Many knowledgeable people claim that all converters perfom best when clocked internally, but with 2 interfaces only one can be the master. So, in this case maybe it would be better to have the MADI FX as the master? Is clocking over MADI reliable and performing well, or do I need a separate WC cable from the MADI FX? Or, am I better of clocking all 3 units (MADI FX + 2 x Madison) from an separate master clock?

All input appreciated

/Andreas

Any set up that is correct will do. So easiest way is the best and would be either,
madison 1 master - RME slave (madi) - madison 2 slave(madi)
RME master -both madisons slave (madi)
Madison 1 master - madison 2 slave (WC from madison 1)- RME slave (madi)

If the studio monitors are connected to the madison I would make that one master (so setup 1 or 3).
But again don't worry about it, just set and forget.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632