Topic: RME ARC USB Strange behaviour

Hi,

I've had the new ARC USB for a week now and twice the remote has become unresponsive during use. It works again straight away if I unplug it and the re-plug it in but wanted to make sure there isn't a problem with my setup etc.

I'm on a 2009 Mac Pro using OSX 10.11.6 with a FF400 Version 3.32 v1.71 and the version of TMFX is 1.40. The remote is plugged into a powered 2.0 USB hub at the moment (in case it should be plugged directly into the Mac instead).

When the remote stops working, the 3 buttons at the bottom are dimly lit and flash together every now and then (maybe every 20-30 seconds at a guess) and the SNAP 1 button is fully lit. None of the buttons can then be switched on or off and the volume dial doesn't affect TM.

Any ideas if I need to change anything, or if this has happened to anyone else?

Many thanks
J

Re: RME ARC USB Strange behaviour

Download and use TM FX 1.42 from here:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25323

Maybe it helps.

Also in TM FX Settings, MIDI Tab, make sure the ARC USB is NOT selected as MIDI port.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias,

I've checked the TM FX Settings and the ARC isn't selected in the MIDI port options. I've downloaded the newer version of TM FX and I'll let you know how I get on. If it does happen again, I'll also try changing USB ports and using it with my laptop to see if the issue follows the remote.

Thanks again
J

Hi,

Just an update, since I downloaded and installed TM FX 1.42 the issue hasn't happened again. The remote has been working flawlessly with no problem.

Thanks again
J