Topic: TotalMix FX 1.43 Beta 2 for Windows and Mac available

TotalMix FX 1.43 Beta 2 is now available.

Fixes:

- Mac: Wrong sample rate display with HDSPe MADIface in TM FX title bar

- ARC USB: re-plugging the ARC USB could cause a jump in volume

- ARC: Speaker B fader behavior in unlink mode

- Mac: write properties were required to read a Workspace file

- Mac: Added possible workaround for TM FX not opening, caused by a hanging MIDI request

For ARC USB:

- Added Recall Volume (Main Out)

- Added Play - Next File, Play - Previous File (DURec UFX+/UFX II)

Supports DURec Update for UFX+ and UFX II (requires firmware update as well, link below):

- Added new play modes: Repeat single, Repeat all, Single next (plays the current track and switches to the next one without playing it).

- Added new transport buttons: Previous file / Next file. With Pause active Previous/Next works without starting playback.

- The list of files on the medium is no longer blocked during record/playback. During playback this also allows to pre-select the next file to be played.

- The DURec Info dialog entry 'Remaining Time' now shows the same info as the unit as 'Remain (Rec.)' - the remaining time of the current recording (which is limited to 100 files), not the theoretical max record time of the medium.

Download:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … b2_win.zip

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/to … b2_mac.zip

As usual there is no installer. Simply exit TM FX and overwrite the existing file with the new one.

UFX+ and UFX II need a firmware update for the above DURec changes, see here:

UFX+ https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 27#p122327

UFX II https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 28#p122328

An updated Wave File Batch Processor is available, handling the new meta data as described in the updated manuals of UFX+ and UFX II. This beta version 1.2 is without installer, just copy the file into the existing app directory:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/rm … in_12b.zip

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/rm … ac_12b.zip

Don't forget to leave some feedback in this thread!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

2 (edited by ramses 2017-06-15 11:08:01)

Re: TotalMix FX 1.43 Beta 2 for Windows and Mac available

MC wrote:

[...]
UFX+ and UFX II need a firmware update for the above DURec changes, see here:
UFX+ https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 27#p122327
UFX II https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 28#p122328
[...]

There is no link to new firmware for UFX+ in the mentioned thread.

Otherwise, very cool features, many thanks upfront :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

cigame wrote:

unzipping tm fx for mac resulting in .exe file.

Don't hurry. Just get a Mac und check it yourself before releasing. ;-)

For me too...

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

There is no link because these firmware updates are released and available on the website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, I looked there, but under the wrong product (UFX) wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by ramses 2017-06-15 12:06:19)

The windows zip archive contains the mac version of TM and the mac ZIP the windows version of TM.

7 (edited by ramses 2017-06-15 17:26:44)

MC wrote:

Don't forget to leave some feedback in this thread!

Its great :-)

I can make good use of it as a field recorder for recording guitar alone or with a backing track.

I have the ARC USB connected to the PC and two UFX+ connected via USB3.

I assigned the following keys with the new record/play functions:
    05 - SNAP5  -  Play Start/Pause
    06 - SNAP6  -  Play - Next File
    07 - SNAP7  -  Play - Previous File
    08 - SNAP8  -  Record Start
    12 - EXT Inp - Record/Play Stop

TotalMix FX appears stable, 2 Octamic as AUX device still connected and working.

ramses wrote:

The windows zip archive contains the mac version of TM and the mac ZIP the windows version of TM.

Thanks, I fixed it. Now happy testing smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Blinking usually means double assignment. Make sure only one UFX+ is active for these buttons.

Most of the stuff above (your ideas and suggestions) you should post into a new thread, it is wrong here and makes this thread very confusing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by ramses 2017-06-15 17:27:01)

MC wrote:

Blinking usually means double assignment. Make sure only one UFX+ is active for these buttons.

Most of the stuff above (your ideas and suggestions) you should post into a new thread, it is wrong here and makes this thread very confusing.

Was not sure for what kind of feedback you were out ;-)

I will open another thread for suggestions after 1st hours of use...

Please see https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 52#p122352

I haven't got a chance to test this at the moment but I'm wondering.. does the remaining time feature mean that we can see hours/minutes/seconds remaining on the USB stick while recording in DURec ? from memory, we could only ever see GB remaining in DURec which made it impossible to know if you had enough space on the USB when recording something longer like a live gig...  it would be great if it showed a dynamic remaining time display in H/M/S based on USB capacity versus current sample rate and how many tracks are armed..

Remain (Rec) at the unit always worked like that. Now you can get the same info in TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

13 (edited by EvilDragon 2017-06-17 14:03:46)

I cannot seem to be able to run fut_mfusb.exe here on W10 in order to update firmware of my UFX+. Not sure why. I don't see a window popping up, I don't see a new process generated in Task Manager... I'm running that EXE as an administrator. Also tried running it from command line and PowerShell, nothing works. On the other hand, updating TMFX went without a hitch.

What gives?

A very happy RME UFX+ & ARC owner smile

14 (edited by fripholm 2017-06-17 17:00:08)

Do you happen to have the UFX+ connected to Thunderbolt? On mine it only works on USB - on TB no window is popping up either, not even an error message.

15 (edited by EvilDragon 2017-06-17 17:20:48)

Yes, it's connected via TB!

But I remember updating it once before, right after I purchased the unit. It was connected via TB as well and it worked fine!

EDIT: Got it, I needed to download from here: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fut_tb_win.zip

That makes more sense. My bad!

EDIT #2: But fut_tb_win says I'm fully up to date (TB 98 DSP 37 USB 40), so I guess this file wasn't updated with the latest firmware, then? MC?

Correct. The TB version will come later, as the main hardware fixes were for USB.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah, gotcha.

MC wrote:

For ARC USB:

- Added Recall Volume (Main Out)

This is kind-of a nitpick (nothing is really broken), but I thought you might like to know for the sake of consistency/clarity/correctness in the UI:

When "Recall Volume (Main Out)" is selected as a function, the "behaviour" dropdown to the right of this includes:

- Toggle
- Enable
- Disable
- Push

These all do the same thing, and I'm guessing it's not necessarily intentional/required to have these four options. Presumably, only something like "Load" (similar to Snapshots) is more appropriate?

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for adding this feature so quickly. smile

Regards.

When will you add some other zoom options? In my case 135% is too small, 200% is too large...

" When will you add some other zoom options? In my case 135% is too small, 200% is too large..."

EXACTLY !

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

Ah yes, now is maybe a good time for me to add my vote to the "more zoom options" feature request. smile

"Custom" would be the most flexible of course (80%-250%? I've no idea what a "reasonable" range is!), but it would at least be nice to see some more presets in the meantime.

Thanks!

Another +1, using TotalMix FX on 2560x1440 14" laptop makes zooming necessary.

Necessary? 135% works very nice on a 1440 display. Personally I even keep it at 100% on such a display.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

On 14"? I really love compact designs, but that's too small for me. :-)

I tend to find that windows where I can fill the screens completely , when the option is there to do so, help to remove fragments of wallpaper of varying contrasts by the larger image, create bigger operational controls, and in general (Not that it is difficult BUT) require less mouse proficiency control to access the smaller radio buttons or slides or make overshooting a target less of an issue. Man, I was digging deep for these debate points wink

So, like everyone else, opinions may vary.  I don't actually think I have any software that won't allow zooming

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961