Topic: totalyser full metering

hello there..

im trying to analyze my tracks in totalyser but it only gives me the full/total visual output if i crank my master channel in totalmix to zero, which then of course, my track comes Blasting through my speakers.

for sure im not set up properly, anybody has an idea?

currently i have 'loopback' selected on my master channel.
AN 1/2 hardware input on zero.
master channel on a volume level pleasant to work with, in this case lets say -39 / -30.

muchos thanxos in advantos!

buy the ticket take the ride..

Re: totalyser full metering

You need to select your mixbus in digicheck, not your monitoring bus
If both are the same, you need to setup tmfx differently

www.analoguemastering.com

3 (edited by Jayzteroid 2017-09-19 06:40:27)

If your tracks are coming from DAW you can do the analyzing by selecting the playback option instead of the input in the Input device setup Source dropdown.
You don't need loopback while using Totalyser unless you have some processing going on in the TotalMix FX.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Jayzteroid wrote:

If your tracks are coming from DAW you can do the analyzing by selecting the playback option instead of the input in the Input device setup Source dropdown.
You don't need loopback while using Totalyser unless you have some processing going on in the TotalMix FX.

Championi!

again im not  getting the results wanted, totalmix is probably still too intelligent for me.

is there a simple way to Always have totalyser reading my (master) main out?
no matter daw input or line/mic input etc.

so always reading main (assigned main out AN 1/2).

i can see the software is absolutely great but you need to know the ins & outs of this piece of wizardry

6 (edited by ramses 2018-02-13 21:18:08)

floyd pepper wrote:

again im not  getting the results wanted, totalmix is probably still too intelligent for me.

Save Setup, Save Workspace, Workspace Quick Select

On Win7 I can even pin the most often opened setup when right clicking to the DigiCheck Window pinned to the taskbar
and get all my 5 Digicheck Windows as I want .. with same Window Position, Driver Selection, Playback Channel selection.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

7 (edited by floyd pepper 2018-02-13 23:37:57)

ramses wrote:
floyd pepper wrote:

On Win7 I can even pin the most often opened setup when right clicking to the DigiCheck Window pinned to the taskbar
and get all my 5 Digicheck Windows as I want .. with same Window Position, Driver Selection, Playback Channel selection.

i wish that did it for me but no..
all i want is main channels out analyzation, shouldn't be that hard.

really bugged out by this

floyd pepper wrote:

im trying to analyze my tracks in totalyser but it only gives me the full/total visual output if i crank my master channel in totalmix to zero, which then of course, my track come's Blasting through my speakers.

Totalyser has a setting (via F2) called Top L.(evel) Auto, that should fix this.

floyd pepper wrote:

currently i have 'loopback' selected on my master channel. AN 1/2 hardware input on zero.

Then Totalyzer is not set to see the inputs Analog 1/2. Loopback works pre-fader!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by ramses 2018-02-14 08:42:46)

floyd pepper wrote:
ramses wrote:
floyd pepper wrote:

I am missing a detailed / understandable description about your procedure which finally fails for you.

I am using DigiCheck now since several releases and I had no problem so far, it does what it should
and I can open it with all required screens as once.

v5.91:

1- pin the DC program symbol to the taskbar for even easier use
2- open all the DC windows that you require (FILE -> New DC Window)
3- for each of the DC windows, which you opened, you need to press F3 for input device setup
  - choose proper RME ASIO driver, device, channel (i.e. Analog1 for L, Analog2 for R), Source Playback
4- Save the setup to a folder of your choice, I choosed my documents folder and subfolders: RME/Digichcheck
5- When saving the setup take care that you save it as .dc3 file.
    For strange reasons "filename.dcw" is preselected change it manually to "filename.dc3"
    Otherwise you might overwrite your saved workspace settings, and store settings therein if boith have the same name.
6- Then save your Workspace to a "filename.dcw" file
7- Open the workspace
8- Now you can close all windows by rightclicking the DC Window in the taskbar comfortably ("close all windows")
9- Now you can pin and open your workspace selection by rightclicking DC icon in the taskbar again
    And all windows open with the properly selected driver, device, channel and settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/heay7rkecn4m2gl/DigiCheck-001-Win7-RightclickSelection.jpg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryelkgazzwc28vf/DigiCheck-002-Win7-DC591-opened.jpg?dl=1

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Is this a Mac or PC? Can't seem to find that info. Send me a mail with Teamviewer access data and I'll have a look (rme.to/tv).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ramses wrote:
floyd pepper wrote:
ramses wrote:

I am missing a detailed / understandable description about your procedure which finally fails for you.

I am using DigiCheck now since several releases and I had no problem so far, it does what it should
and I can open it with all required screens as once.

v5.91:

1- pin the DC program symbol to the taskbar for even easier use
2- open all the DC windows that you require (FILE -> New DC Window)
3- for each of the DC windows, which you opened, you need to press F3 for input device setup
  - choose proper RME ASIO driver, device, channel (i.e. Analog1 for L, Analog2 for R), Source Playback
4- Save the setup to a folder of your choice, I choosed my documents folder and subfolders: RME/Digichcheck
5- When saving the setup take care that you save it as .dc3 file.
    For strange reasons "filename.dcw" is preselected change it manually to "filename.dc3"
    Otherwise you might overwrite your saved workspace settings, and store settings therein if boith have the same name.
6- Then save your Workspace to a "filename.dcw" file
7- Open the workspace
8- Now you can close all windows by rightclicking the DC Window in the taskbar comfortably ("close all windows")
9- Now you can pin and open your workspace selection by rightclicking DC icon in the taskbar again
    And all windows open with the properly selected driver, device, channel and settings.

thanks a lot for your help!

i had all those actions already set up, exactly how you mentioned.
still i fail to have output.

let me try to explain..
my daw output shows in totalyzer, but my outboard gear (mpc/synth to channel strip to ufx) doesn't show up in totalyzer although i can hear and see them on the main out.
my channel strip output is connected to the ufx input 1/2.
im on a pc

all seems to be working now, ive changed my output channels in my daw.

thanks again for the helpout shoutouts

congrats !

14 (edited by gregerlindberg 2018-05-28 10:08:49)

Now this is late to the party. But i to is trying to get the output not dependent on the volyme from Babyface pro.
But i cant find a way to do so. Working on Macbook pro 2017.
No way for me to change the input setup other then what is.. And nothing to be done really.
Been trying it for a while now with no luck.. Anyone got some ideas?

edit: I can only get it to work on AN 1/2 And not on main on totalmix.
If that would have worked i could at least have set the headphone-channel to max to get Digimix to give me correct readings..