Topic: ADI-2 Pro / AE Firmware Update 174 DSP 86
We are still not finished (so to say) with the ADI-2 Pro / AE. Here comes firmware update FPGA 174 / DSP 86, with several useful changes:
- Newly programmed DAC subclock module. It fixes a random full-scale right channel click at the analog outputs when changing the sample rate over more than one range (for example from 192 kHz quad speed to 44.1 kHz single speed).
- Reworked several reset and initialization schemes in various modes and sample rates to avoid unexpected clicks and noise burst issues.
- Playing a PCM file at 176.4 kHz followed by a DSD64 file where both files have audio from start to end (usually special test files, not music...) could cause a 250 ms noise burst during transition.
- Fixed a low volume double click (0.5 s) when changing sample rates caused by unintentional disabling/enabling of the digital DC offset correction (DAC PCM mode only)
- In modes DSD and DSD Direct, the Phase Invert options are no longer disabled (did anyone ever try the Phase Reversal Trick on DSD?)
- The automatic DSD DoP detection (present as hardware modules at all digital inputs, USB playback and in front of the DAC chips) can now be disabled. This option turned out to be necessary when using the ADI-2 Pro as measurement front-end and generating extreme high frequencies , but is nothing to worry about if one is just listening to music. Default: SETUP - Options - Device Mode - DSD Detection - ON.
Firmware download is here: