1 (edited by guillaumed 2018-10-02 15:32:16)

Topic: Fireface UC input signal blinking without anything plugged in

Hi

I have a static mic plugged in input 1, with 48v engaged. The signal LED for this input flashes as it should on audio signal input, but the signal LED for input 3 - which has nothing plugged in - also flashes in perfect sync with input 1 IF (and only if) input 3 is set to "instrument". An audio signal input is also detected in TotalMix.

Audio is actually recorded in a track routed to input3 in this configuration, and sounds like a very bit reduced version of the source audio.

I reckon this is a bug?

Thank you

Guillaume

Re: Fireface UC input signal blinking without anything plugged in

No, it's normal. As soon as you plug something into input 3 the crosstalk is gone.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

"Normal", really? OK... I would have expected this not to happen on a 800+ euro interface but hey...

Can I plug in something like a stereo jack headphones adapter? or does it have to be an actual jack connected to an instrument?

You need to plug in a real load. Or a short-circuited TS-plug. Or just forget it because you won't record an empty input...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK. I guess I'll just unselect the "instrument" option on 3. Even when not recording anything from input 3, I get some really weird noise in the headphones when recording from input 1 in this configuration.