Topic: Wrong Sample Rate after adding Ferrofish Pulse 16 to Fireface 802

I've added a Ferrofish Pulse 16 to my setup using ADAT. They are clocking over ADAT.

I also have a Pioneer DJ mixer plugged in to the AES digital in to the RME Fireface. I used this to record vinyl through the Pioneer mixer. Since adding the Ferrofish the recordings are slow, presumably recording at the wrong sample rate. The Audacity settings look OK.

The confusing thing is even if I turn the power off the Ferrofish I'm still having the same problem! Is there a way around this without unplugging the ADAT cables everytime I want to record from the Pioneer through AES?

Thanks, G.

Re: Wrong Sample Rate after adding Ferrofish Pulse 16 to Fireface 802

Please provide more details.... Which sample rate does the 802 show? What are the settings for both ADAT devices?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Wrong Sample Rate after adding Ferrofish Pulse 16 to Fireface 802

RME Support wrote:

Please provide more details.... Which sample rate does the 802 show? What are the settings for both ADAT devices?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Fixed it! I hadn't changed the Fireface settings back by using the tray icon. So Audacity and the Pioneer mixer were using different sample rate to the Fireface. Works perfectly now. For some reason I was thinking it'd pick it up automatically if there was no ADAT clock. My fault. Thanks, G.