1 (edited by allensavage1222 2019-01-12 19:05:20)

Topic: Why did adi-2 pro suffer high crosstalk at high frequency?

When I tried to test my adi-2 pro fs, I found its crosstalk raised until it hit -90db at 20khz. Yet crosstalk of my friend's adi-2 pro fs stays -120db from 20hz to 20khz. Does anyone have the same issue?

Re: Why did adi-2 pro suffer high crosstalk at high frequency?

It seems you measured the input crosstalk, while your friend measured the output crosstalk. The typical input crosstalk of the ADI-2 Pro (all versions) can be seen here, measured with a APx555 from an independent reviewer:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/St … 2Pro_d.pdf

Page 9, Diagramm 13. Note that this is worst case, depending on the chosen Ref Level it can be up to 10 dB better.

The XLR and TS/RCA output's crosstalk of Pros and DACs can be seen here:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/St … 2DAC_d.pdf

Page 6, Diagramm 7. That's the same no matter what Ref Level has been chosen.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by allensavage1222 2019-01-13 05:43:25)

MC, Thanks! Read those reports with google translation: )
What do you think different results of crosstalk using rmaa, between my adi-2 pro fs and my friend's one? The result of rmaa should be the sum of both input and output, shouldn't it? This little issue confused me a while.

No need to, we provide english translations on our website (left of the ADI's webpage).

RMAA is always both, correct. Sorry, can't explain your results.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I think it might relate to the relays between L & R channel of the input. If I am correct, relay from some brand has better isolation between two channels. Just my two cents.

That's when science is replaced by voodoo. A measurement with -120 dB at 20 kHz AD/DA is wrong, and can not be explained this way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, I think right now only experiment can tell us the reason. Thanks.

8 (edited by dir 2019-01-18 22:28:43)

yes i was stuck on same issue with my unit from very first shipment
it was measured worse than next one, exactly as you described. I was try to explaine that issue as "non-FS version under FS-plate" but all my assumptions was rejected by people from RME

finally I was cool down when I just change my unit for new one with help of my dealer

DIR: you have 45 posts in this forum. On your first ADI-2 Pro you complained about the ADC's frequency response ripple (we fixed that with a firmware update). Then you complained about NOS not being NOS (I explained that), then about the drop in frequency response in that mode (all NOS have that, and I showed how to fix that via EQ).

In August you complained about your unit getting too hot and the Phones out sometimes showing the 'Short Circuit message'. And in October you stated that the encoder seems not to work reliably and asked if this was a warranty case. It seems to me those two issues were the reason that you exchanged the unit.

In none of your posts you were talking about crosstalk, and therefore your post above seems as invalid as misplaced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by dir 2019-01-20 00:05:01)

actually i wrote not to the forum only but via email also

At the very beginning at the spring '18, my box did not have the signature of the FS, but this signature was present on the front panel of the device. I was received the answer from Daniel Fuchs that I definitely have the FS version. My assumptions about the "old version" arose again during my experiments with digital inputs and switching clock. I already wrote about this on the forum, but did not got a definite explaine.
Later I managed to get a another new device from my local dealer. Thus, I got the opportunity to arrange a cross-measurement of two devices. My old one is showed slightly worse characteristics and definitely a higher level of jitter. I gave all information to the dealer for further forwarding to RME. Nevertheless, as far as I understood, RME continued to insist that the measurement deviation fit into the stated parameters so my device is the FS version.
Maybe I was wrong with FS/nonFS and it was my personal paranoia, but I still insisted on replacing the device and thank to my dealer who went to me. One way or another, I still have all the results of measurements of the old and new devices, which fully correspond to the situation as described in the first post.
I really appreciate your team's work and consider that ADI-2 is fantastic device at all, but I’m forced to notice that you are rather annoyed to respond even to minor criticisms or doubts, although in the future you're still take them into the mind. So its like ripple of ADC section from early firmware as you mentioned.

Thanks for confirming that none of your stuff was about Crosstalk. I would also like to note that 'was not measured like the next one' refers to your own measurements with RMAA.

Also none of the measurements that I had seen from you was about 'Jitter' as one usually thinks about it. Instead you heavily confused everyone here with two 'jitter SRC' threads (still available for anyone to read and comment on).

The first FS were sent out in the old Pro package because we still had them lying around. As long as the front panel says FS it is FS. We are not paranoid about waste and environment, but throwing hundreds of these boxes away because of just two missing letters really makes no sense.

In the end we are all glad that you now have a good working unit that makes you happy. Hopefully not only when measuring but also when listening to music.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME